What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
got any links to a good first start setup for this mod. id really like to get to know rotary craft
Not really that I can think of :( I honestly suggest you just start at the very basics of it and keep building on it.

Start with a small project like getting a bit of automated farming going. You'll be using Fans, which require very little power, and it will teach you the basics of how the power system works and is transported. You'll want to upgrade your fans to Steam Engine-powered once you have an idea of how it works.

Reactions: null123

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
got any links to a good first start setup for this mod. id really like to get to know rotary craft
There is no "One True Setup", every setup is unique according to the needs of the builder. What do you want to do with the mod? Make simple farms? Defend your base? Extract billions of ingots of metal? Mad Science with fission? Go crazy with Fusion? Find yourself a goal, even if small, and work towards it; you'll end up learning the mod just by needing to complete the intermediate steps for your goal. While the ingame book is definitely useful, keep in mind it is missing some crucial bits of information here and there so don't be afraid to come back and ask here if you get stuck.
Also: Keep in mind everybody's path to the goal is different. I originally skipped all the lower tier power and went straight for a 8MW solar plant to run an extractor. Crazy? MAYBE. But it was fun for me, and that's what matters - have fun with it your own way!

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out just how easy it is to automate Blood Magic slate production, even in Agrarian Skies. Use an autonomous activator, set to right click and use first slot, fill the other slots with junk, and just pull out with a filtered itemduct. I heard the last bit used to have issues, but it seems to be fixed. Oh, and add a hopper to the AA for more production. The only downside is that the last item won't get transmuted since the AA will try to click it in and out, but that's solveable if you really care.

As for RotaryCraft, I wrote a bit of a guide a while ago that covers just the basics. As far as I know, it isn't too out of date, but there's definitely much more content since then. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...t-or-oh-god-where-do-i-start-with-this.38483/

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out just how easy it is to automate Blood Magic slate production, even in Agrarian Skies. Use an autonomous activator, set to right click and use first slot, fill the other slots with junk, and just pull out with a filtered itemduct. I heard the last bit used to have issues, but it seems to be fixed. Oh, and add a hopper to the AA for more production. The only downside is that the last item won't get transmuted since the AA will try to click it in and out, but that's solveable if you really care.
Why not use the hopper directly on the altar? To rate-limit?

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
fwiw, I do the same thing. Sometimes I just don't have the stuff for any other duplication block, particularly in a more hard-core tech game. And some of those ores I know I can't afford to waste.

hand-grinding gives me carpal tunnel...
I didn't played much packs, but none of which i played needed more then ~30 ingots worth of material to make an automatic ore doubling machine. I still fail to see when I'd have enough ore to find convenient to AFK grind it that way, but still not enough ore to be able to start my machinery. Maybe it's just me, but I think if you end up doint that, you are doing something upside down. Or at least very inefficiently.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Played around with the announcement system from Mad Science yesterday. Its not quite as versatile as I thought it would be. I remember the computer in my high school print shop class could speak any word you typed into it but this one can only say a certain bunch of words. I rate it rather high on my cool ass blocks list.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I didn't played much packs, but none of which i played needed more then ~30 ingots worth of material to make an automatic ore doubling machine. I still fail to see when I'd have enough ore to find convenient to AFK grind it that way, but still not enough ore to be able to start my machinery. Maybe it's just me, but I think if you end up doint that, you are doing something upside down. Or at least very inefficiently.

Last time I played GT, it took more than 30 ingots. And this was in 1.5.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use the hopper directly on the altar? To rate-limit?
Yeah, the hopper tries to do stacks all at once. It seems like when there's more than one item in the altar, it needs to go through the entire infusing process before any will finish. I haven't strictly tested, but it seems to take the same amount of time to do one stack as it does to do 64 individual items of the same type. Anyone more knowledgeable about Blood Magic want to confirm/deny?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the hopper tries to do stacks all at once. It seems like when there's more than one item in the altar, it needs to go through the entire infusing process before any will finish. I haven't strictly tested, but it seems to take the same amount of time to do one stack as it does to do 64 individual items of the same type. Anyone more knowledgeable about Blood Magic want to confirm/deny?
true, but @Padfoote / @Paddy you wanna give confirmation :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Same amount of time, same amount of blood required. So yes, you're correct.
true, but @Padfoote / @Paddy you wanna give confirmation :p

Didn't get pinged?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hardcore GT packs. No upsidedownedness, but no 30-ingot pulverizors/macerators either.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Man. I've never touched Rotarycraft. Just what am I missing?
Well...
Bedrock tools(industructable tools with special effects, mostly just pre-enchanted stuff)
The single most insanely powerful ore processing system in Minecraft that doesn't feel like cheating
Some pretty slick base defense
The toolkit of autofarming and mining you'd expect in a tech mod by now, except they can be enchanted
One of, if the only, mod(s) with a actual power system
Realistic implementation of the things included, while using Minecraftian mechanics to make things easier and/or possible(see: Bedrock tier stuff)
And a lot more things then that.