What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
C

chbachman

Last I heard it's about the quest for the modding API.
And that "Shrub Monster" is actually "Peat Moss Monster", and he isn't carrying gunpowder, he basically is gunpowder. He wanted to make babies with everyone in the room, and he did with a few of them. Did you burn the bodies like I suggested? Fungi love dead bodies and the "Creeper" is a big ass fungal bomb with ambulatory skills and reproductive urges that require he find a room full of people and explode.

Game theory for the win. :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have no idea what the hell people are talking about anymore.
Nevermind. I missed a post due to missing a post. Minecraft movie.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There's going to be a minecraft movie?

If the studio doesn't get griefed to bollocks, i'll be very disappointed.

"So let me get this straight, the suspect is a 6 feet tall pixellated shrub monster carrying an illegal supply of gunpowder? Tell me, have you had a C.A.T. scan recently?"
I just love the the story about how the Creeper was created as a failed attempt at modelling a Pig.... Lol wtf? :p

Reactions: YX33A and Pyure

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I just love the the story about how the Creeper was created as a failed attempt at modelling a Pig.... Lol wtf? :p
Notch writes his models in code, and he mixed up the x axis and the y axis, or some such. So, instead of getting something short and long, he got something tall and thin.
EDIT: This is just how the story was told to me. No guarantees that it's true.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Notch writes his models in code, and he mixed up the x axis and the y axis, or some such. So, instead of getting something short and long, he got something tall and thin.
EDIT: This is just how the story was told to me. No guarantees that it's true.
Yeah I think it is the true story:
Creepers were first introduced in on August 31, 2009, based on a failed pig model Notch had created (he mixed up the length and height of the body[6]). They were the first mob added in Survival Test.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Creeper

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Game theory for the win. :p
To be honest, I sometimes think the main dude on that channel overthinks things because while I disagree that magic is a "I don't gotta explain shit" excuse, he should at least accept that magic changes the rules far more then they don't. His skyrim video on Arrows and Knees shows it very strongly that he discounts Magic as a possible medical treatment. C. Arthur Clark said that "Any Highly Advanced Technology is indistinguishable from Magic", and someone wisely inverted it to say that "Any Highly Advanced Magic is indistinguishable from Technology", and great Magical Settings rely on this.
I do admit that explaining how magic allows for such freaks as skeletons and zombies, let alone teleportation and dimensional travel is utterly inane and serves no real purpose... but the creeper being a massive Peat Moss Monster at least makes sense.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Giant meteor pigs make sense, too, then, right?
It Fell From The Sky
Not really. See, my point was that magic isn't a free pass. One has to actually think about how it could be possible before saying it is.
How could a giant pig come from a Meteoroid? Why can't one even damage it after a point?
Why do they list the ingredients in bottled water!?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You see, friendship is magic.
/thread :p
As I said in another thread, likely in another castle as well, if not another dimension where I'm considered normal... I hate people who say they have tons of friends. I have maybe 6. I'm fucking serious, and I bring up that number not because of the Mane Six(then it'd be seven because Derpy is the Green Ranger in that five man band of six), but because I seriously think that it's only 6 friends.
So today, learn this, mates: Unless you trust your friend to die beside you, it's hard to say they are a true friend. I mean, sure, plenty of people have tons of friends. I judge my friends by a simple standard.
Friends will help you move. True Friends help you move bodies.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
As I said in another thread, likely in another castle as well, if not another dimension where I'm considered normal... I hate people who say they have tons of friends. I have maybe 6. I'm fucking serious, and I bring up that number not because of the Mane Six(then it'd be seven because Derpy is the Green Ranger in that five man band of six), but because I seriously think that it's only 6 friends.
So today, learn this, mates: Unless you trust your friend to die beside you, it's hard to say they are a true friend. I mean, sure, plenty of people have tons of friends. I judge my friends by a simple standard.
I disagree. I have friends, I would hope, would do this for me, but I don't rule everyone else out as not my friend. Those people are just better friends. I define a friend as a person I'll willingly spend time with and will typically enjoy myself. Dieing beside me may be a bit dramatic and people die next to strangers all the time. However, it does annoy me when people exaggerate their amount of friends. 700 friends of Facebook does not equate to 700 friends, not even 699.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
uhhhh, irl i have 1 freind. he is moving away. ......................... yes i am anti-social.

Reactions: null123

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
abandon-thread.gif

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered even the best thread full of great information still sometimes takes a nose dive off the deep end into an empty pool.

Rotoscope

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that a small glass snack bowl has just enough weight to weigh down my keyboard's spacebar(that's my action button) so I can hand grind ores in the grindstone while away from the game.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I discovered that a small glass snack bowl has just enough weight to weigh down my keyboard's spacebar(that's my action button) so I can hand grind ores in the grindstone while away from the game.
almost as starnge as my controls. ijkl are movement and o is inventory.