What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, little off topic, but what pack should I play if I do start to play? I have a top notch pc so lagg isnt an issue.
I suggest... FTB Lite if you're just getting into Minecraft. Top Notch Gaming PC's stumble with Minecraft, and a fine place to start is with a handful of mods. After that, it's more of a question of what do you want from Minecraft? Tech? Magic? Challenges? A mix of these?

Reactions: null123

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest... FTB Lite if you're just getting into Minecraft. Top Notch Gaming PC's stumble with Minecraft, and a fine place to start is with a handful of mods. After that, it's more of a question of what do you want from Minecraft? Tech? Magic? Challenges? A mix of these?
Ahah. Didnt explain enough sorry. I'm a veteran to minecraft and when I say a top notch pc, I mean one which I know runs modded minecraft well into late game.
I like everything, but I have a thing with goals being set for me. I haven't properly played Minecraft in months (excluding AgSkies) as I cant set challenges for myself, so if there's mods which do that, twould be awesome.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Ahah. Didnt explain enough sorry. I'm a veteran to minecraft and when I say a top notch pc, I mean one which I know runs modded minecraft well into late game.
I like everything, but I have a thing with goals being set for me. I haven't properly played Minecraft in months (excluding AgSkies) as I cant set challenges for myself, so if there's mods which do that, twould be awesome.
Download HQM. Proceed to make quests for yourself. Be epic.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

I was thinking maybe the crash landings modpack then

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as said, Hard Core Questing may suit you nicely. I prefer challenges like the Refuge to Regent Challenge(except my main beef with it is that I can't make even a slight bit of defense until I've gotten past the dirt hovel stage, aside from a hovel of shame with lights unlocked only if I can get rubber sap torches going).

I thus suggest TPPI for it's nice mix of pretty much everything, and relative ease of adding new things.
I was thinking maybe the crash landings modpack then

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Crash Landings modpack? Que?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, if you want challenges? Get a vechs map, and vanilla.

You won't be sorry. Upset? Ready to kill someone? Sure. Sorry? Nope.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Must say that starting in or near a magical biome can be rather OP due to MB hives and the endstone/glowstone etc. you can get VERY early on.
To say the truth, even if i restart my games each 20 hours or so. I always take the time to look around and see if I can install my base near a magical forest.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Openblocks Elevators.

No need for clunky stairwells taking up floor space,
No butt ugly ladder nonsense
No need for a huge pile of them to go a decent distance (unlike arcane levitators)
No power usage

These things are so bloody convenient for getting about in Bloke Towers.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
My most recent discovery is that a T5 Blood Alter has enough space between the beacons to have a 15x15 circle from witchery...

This allows me to get one step closer to my own version of the "Garden of Life" for the center of my building plans.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Openblocks Elevators.

No need for clunky stairwells taking up floor space,
No butt ugly ladder nonsense
No need for a huge pile of them to go a decent distance (unlike arcane levitators)
No power usage

These things are so bloody convenient for getting about in Bloke Towers.
They're not as fast, but PneumatiCraft elevators have the distinct pimp factor of looking and acting like real elevators.

Damn.

Btw I believe you can upgrade them to be super-fast (but not instant like OpenBlocks)

christhereaper

Jul 29, 2019
They're not as fast, but PneumatiCraft elevators have the distinct pimp factor of looking and acting like real elevators.

Damn.

Btw I believe you can upgrade them to be super-fast (but not instant like OpenBlocks)

But if you make them too fast, you need Featherfalling to not hurt yourself when going down. (unless you want to use this as a trap for unwanted visitors, which i do...)

Reactions: null123 and Pyure

AlexDeathwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've learned that a mekanism obsidian sword with a geostrata strength pendant allows me to one shot any vanilla mob. Combine this with the powersuit speed boost and I can zip the end getting all the ender pearls amd xp I need.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk