What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yo Forge, I heard you like to forge.
Just forging ahead over here, don't mind me...
It must be a forgery!
Y'know, there's a Tool Forge. Running by Forge.
I shall forg(o)e any more...

Reactions: YX33A

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there are two things that a TC4 infusion altar really doesn't like:
-A random pedestal off to the side for decoration, but apparently still within range. Infusions won't start.
-The runic matrix doesn't seem to like you putting down skulls before you activate it, as it won't activate.

Reactions: jokermatt999

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Today, I learned about Mystcraft. I had been wondering, and even posted a question on here, why I hadn't been finding those Mystcraft temples with all the bookcases and the lecterns and the hidden chest and the all-important pages. I was Mystified.

It turns out, the answer seems to be that Mystcraft does not add worldgen to the overworld! What you're supposed to do, I think, is to make a few random ages by placing a "link panel" into the book binder, and you make a random age. In those random age, THAT is where Mystcraft adds its Temple worldgen. You explore the random ages that don't have bad effects, and you collect pages in them, and then you assemble your own ages when you get the right pages. I feel kinda stupid for not realizing this, but I'm also excited because this opened up a whole new dimension (literally) on my world!

Reactions: YX33A and Pyure

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Today, I learned about Mystcraft. I had been wondering, and even posted a question on here, why I hadn't been finding those Mystcraft temples with all the bookcases and the lecterns and the hidden chest and the all-important pages. I was Mystified.

It turns out, the answer seems to be that Mystcraft does not add worldgen to the overworld! What you're supposed to do, I think, is to make a few random ages by placing a "link panel" into the book binder, and you make a random age. In those random age, THAT is where Mystcraft adds its Temple worldgen. You explore the random ages that don't have bad effects, and you collect pages in them, and then you assemble your own ages when you get the right pages. I feel kinda stupid for not realizing this, but I'm also excited because this opened up a whole new dimension (literally) on my world!
You can also trade with Mystcraft villagers for random pages, semi-filled notebooks with pages, and symbols in general.
But... spamming a lot of random ages starts to kill your hard drive if you get a lot of them. Be careful what you wish for...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Also note: Those "lost libraries" have a chest hidden in the corner of the room by the door that contains several pages. And the notebooks that Mystcraft villagers (the ones with purple robes with yellow edges) sometimes sell also have several random pages in them. Also, those libraries are a really good source of books. Just smash the shelves.

Reactions: Eruantien

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
More HOI2 cheekiness:

Guaranteeing the independence of a nation AFTER they've just had war declared on them still allows a democratic nation to declare war with no dissent penalty.

So, my US military having wiped the floor with the european axis and Japan single-handed by mid 1943 and then the Soviets by late 1945 (none of which required a declaration of war on my part), I was starved of new punchups for a couple of years despite the occasional bit of cleaning house...basically Vichy France was still a thing ^_^.

But after that I was bored.

So I accidentally on purpose triggered the Israeli independence event, and of course Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon all declare war on them immediately. One diplomatic action later and I have four free wars with no dissent penalty (to declare war naturally would have cost me 10% per wardec, or 40% total...and that number applies to combat effectiveness of your army formations AND your industrial capacity, 40% would be crippling).

Job done. One week later, two carrier groups led by Admirals Halsey and Nimitz shepherd ashore 48 divisions commanded by Eisenhower, Patton, Omar Bradley and Mark Clark in Tel Aviv. Wincest :D