What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
you have to have a second foci to switch it with. You cannot take it off with nothing to replace it with. also, you have to hold 'f' until the entire switch is finished.
False, one can in fact take it off. With the new system I believe one just doesn't mouse towards a cap and then it takes it off. I haven't had time to test this in a while, but it's not much harder then it used to be.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Lamp of growth does in fact, impede the growth of ore berry bushes... not help them.[DOUBLEPOST=1403805903][/DOUBLEPOST]
you have to have a second foci to switch it with. You cannot take it off with nothing to replace it with. also, you have to hold 'f' until the entire switch is finished.
Shift+F on a wand takes off the foci and replaces it with nothing.

Reactions: Vasa

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Villagers, they don't understand the danger.

I have several of their horrid little nests bookmarked in order to test my new blood magic terror weapons on a pristine environment.

Serenade of the nether causes havoc on wooden structures and fleshy little green tossers and their irksome little faces and disgustingly irritating little noises and bastardsbastardsbastardsBASTARDS.

My next trick is going to be a well of suffering. And I have just the spot in mind for it.

I'm thinking about strategically placing geostrata crystals around the place to give them regeneration and prolong their torment indefinitely, but i'm not sure villagers are susceptible to the effects...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

I have several of their horrid little nests bookmarked in order to test my new blood magic terror weapons on a pristine environment.

Serenade of the nether causes havoc on wooden structures and fleshy little green tossers and their irksome little faces and disgustingly irritating little noises and bastardsbastardsbastardsBASTARDS.

My next trick is going to be a well of suffering. And I have just the spot in mind for it.

I'm thinking about strategically placing geostrata crystals around the place to give them regeneration and prolong their torment indefinitely, but i'm not sure villagers are susceptible to the effects...
Are the lamp effects enabled? If so, they should be affected by the lamps.

Just remember, the dagger gets you 2000 LP for a villager. The well may get you that much, but it needs some serious buffing to reach that from a villager, and at that point, why one wouldn't just use a witch is beyond me. Find some witches, bag 'em, bring 'em to the well, name tag 'em, and turn it on. LP problem solved forever.

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Are the lamp effects enabled? If so, they should be affected by the lamps.

Just remember, the dagger gets you 2000 LP for a villager. The well may get you that much, but it needs some serious buffing to reach that from a villager, and at that point, why one wouldn't just use a witch is beyond me. Find some witches, bag 'em, bring 'em to the well, name tag 'em, and turn it on. LP problem solved forever.

So how does the LP gained from killing villagers work then? People have been pretty mysterious about the supposed downside of mass murdering them.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Villagers are CERTAINLY susceptible to magenta GeoStrata crystals- at least the potion crystals made from shards, obsidian, and gold. Stick one next to a smeltery, throw some villagers in, and you've got yourself an infinite supply of emeralds. Until, of course, you leave the area, come back, and they're mysteriously gone. But if you hang around (or chunkload?), it'll work fine.

And smelteries deal a LOT more damage than Wells of Suffering, so you should be good there, too. Just throw around a lot of the crystals- the well of suffering has a much longer range.

So how does the LP gained from killing villagers work then? People have been pretty mysterious about the supposed downside of mass murdering them.
Pretty sure the Well generates LP whenever it damages a mob. So, if the mobs heal themselves constantly (like Witches do, or anything near a regen crystal), you've got yourself infinite LP.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Very mysterious downsides. So mysterious that in fact, there are none. WayOfTime said that he was planning on it, but then decided it wasn't worth the effort. Yay for us, sucks to be villagers.

Just use the dagger you make at T2 with a iron sword and kill them when they are close enough for it to work, and you get 2000 LP from them. Use a Well of Suffering, and you need tough mobs, and villagers ain't tough. Adds LP for each damage tick, and Witches can heal, so like I said, Witch Engines are awesome.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The effect he was talking about there was, instead of straight up sacrificing a villager for 2000 LP, if you use a well of suffering you get 10LP/heart before sacrifice runes just the same as every other mob, so manually sacrificing them is much more worth your effort for LP amounts

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That a very very VERY simple way of making AE singularities in the ME condenser is to just use Extra Cells fluid storage cells with a bit of some crappy fluid in them. Each bucket of fluid is worth tons of "bits" worth in the condenser. Rather OP lol.

Reactions: Mevansuto and YX33A

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Did that with a 64k drive full of milk and got a stack of singularities - I would have gotten more but the slot only holds 64 and any excess is destroyed. It takes a while to empty the drive though.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That the MultiMC devs seem to agree with my choice of Waifu Poni.
uF3BJQy.png

May try some other names later...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Bedrock breakers have a range of 4 blocks.

I have no idea why I didn't think of setting it up sideways and letting it run before, this is so much more convenient than resetting it after every block.

I'm such a divot sometimes XD

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Today, after putting at least 500 books thru the MFR Auto-Enchanter, I learned that either the "Charging I" spell from Thaumcraft doesn't exist anymore, or else the MFR Auto-Enchanter has a bug and won't create a book for that spell, or else there's another problem altogether. I did the first 400 books at level 30, and then I realized that perhaps I needed to lower the enchantment level so I did 64 books at level 10 and 64 books at level 20. So that's over 500 books, and no Charging I spell yet.

Oh, I also learned that the Better Storage mod added a whole bunch of spells for locking chests that isn't in the wiki. Monster pack.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Today, after putting at least 500 books thru the MFR Auto-Enchanter, I learned that either the "Charging I" spell from Thaumcraft doesn't exist anymore, or else the MFR Auto-Enchanter has a bug and won't create a book for that spell, or else there's another problem altogether. I did the first 400 books at level 30, and then I realized that perhaps I needed to lower the enchantment level so I did 64 books at level 10 and 64 books at level 20. So that's over 500 books, and no Charging I spell yet.

Oh, I also learned that the Better Storage mod added a whole bunch of spells for locking chests that isn't in the wiki. Monster pack.
There is no Charging enchants anymore in TC4+. You need to recharge wands from nodes now. Best thing you can do is ensure you have Frugal on all your Wand Focus to lower the cost.

As a counter to the loss of the Charging enchant I made a setup where I could automatically recharge my wands by sending them back to my ME system through an Enderpouch. When recharged it would then get delivered into my tool Enderpouch.
Described it here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-6#post-601971
It can use a bit of updating actually, but you get the basic idea. Main problem with the setup I posted there however is that it will not send your wands back if they are not configured EXACTLY like when you set them up in the ME precision import bus. This includes which item your Equal trade focus is set to.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There is no Charging enchants anymore in TC4+. You need to recharge wands from nodes now. Best thing you can do is ensure you have Frugal on all your Wand Focus to lower the cost.

As a counter to the loss of the Charging enchant I made a setup where I could automatically recharge my wands by sending them back to my ME system through an Enderpouch. When recharged it would then get delivered into my tool Enderpouch.
Described it here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-6#post-601971
It can use a bit of updating actually, but you get the basic idea. Main problem with the setup I posted there however is that it will not send your wands back if they are not configured EXACTLY like when you set them up in the ME precision import bus. This includes which item your Equal trade focus is set to.

Thanks once again rhn, the keeper of all knowledge. You don't go by the nickname "Colin" perhaps, do you? :)

And once again, I'm so glad I posted here before wasting even more time on this project of mine. I did get a bunch of Frugal III's, which was why I was so baffled about the lack of Charging books.

Yeah, back when I used to mine raw materials by hand (ages ago, weeks even), I used an Enderpouch connected to an Energetic Infuser to keep my trio of 4x Ardite Hammers with flux capacitors charged up so I could mine non-stop at lightning speed. It's a really cool way to do it, def should be great for wands as well, although I don't plan to use the wand nearly as much as I used those Tinkers Construct hammers.

Reactions: malicious_bloke