What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Yeah there is in the 1.6 version only very few items that can be scanned/replicated. Only just briefly tested it, but so far only found stuff like iridium, diamonds and clay.
Ooooh I bet they converted the old recipes to the new so things like vines dirt grass and such probally work

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ooooh I bet they converted the old recipes to the new so things like vines dirt grass and such probally work
Yeah I tried some of the old items and most of them didn't work. Think I tried Grass and Mycelium for example with no luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1403544569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a complete list? I see only an incomplete one.
That is quite handy. Netherquartz is rather cheap for example.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
2014-06-24_13.17.40.png

I...have no words...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I....
No. Just... NO!

Also where is that from? Are those Natura clouds?!

Looks like natura clouds. Not sure that's a natural formation though, somehow.

*gazes suspiciously up at the sky*

My guess would be one of the other guys on the LAN, but I was pretty sure I was the only one playing this world (as in i've never seen anyone else on when I'm playing). Time to camo up and go hunting predator stylee

Reactions: YX33A

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Elaborate. Is it a big problem? Everything will be going into my AE system, so I won't even touch it until I want it from my ME network.[DOUBLEPOST=1403514855][/DOUBLEPOST]Problem is that the essence isn't renewable?

What he means that when you plant and harvest the seeds manually, there's a chance that you can get some weak essence (one of the crafting essence tiers), nature essence(used for a few special items), and (configurable) an extra seed. So if you plant 8 seeds and have it have a 25% of a seed, you will get an average of 2 extra seeds when you harvest. Automated methods like MFR harvesters or TC golems however do not allow those extra drops (though at least for me it seems the seed drop chance still work) so if you need the extra essence or need the nature essence you'll have to harvest manually.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I can use a divination sigil to give me a readout of my blood altar's level and how much blood is in it.

Now we're getting somewhere >.<

Reactions: Adonis0

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
What he means that when you plant and harvest the seeds manually, there's a chance that you can get some weak essence (one of the crafting essence tiers), nature essence(used for a few special items), and (configurable) an extra seed. So if you plant 8 seeds and have it have a 25% of a seed, you will get an average of 2 extra seeds when you harvest. Automated methods like MFR harvesters or TC golems however do not allow those extra drops (though at least for me it seems the seed drop chance still work) so if you need the extra essence or need the nature essence you'll have to harvest manually.
Manually or use water flow, because that also gives the secondary drops (but of course destructively harvests EVERYTHING)

Reactions: YX33A

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to play around with some other hammers (Ex Nihilo/Aquilo) in AgSkies, and found out that Lead Hammers are actually pretty awesome. Good durability, destroys blocks quickly, and uses a metal you'll quickly have a surplus of. Not bad! Platinum hammers are crazy quick, but have very low durability, so they're out. Any others worth a look?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That the 1.6 "Wand of equal trade"(yeah ok its a focus now...) can target water source blocks. Guess you can equal trade lakes away now :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Manually or use water flow, because that also gives the secondary drops (but of course destructively harvests EVERYTHING)
The only issue is timing. How does one know if your farm is ready? Timers may work, but you need to know exactly how long it WILL take, not how long it might. Growing them with as many boosts to speed as you can afford is ideal because then you can just see how many long it takes for them to finish and run the water.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only issue is timing. How does one know if your farm is ready? Timers may work, but you need to know exactly how long it WILL take, not how long it might. Growing them with as many boosts to speed as you can afford is ideal because then you can just see how many long it takes for them to finish and run the water.
fwiw, SFM can often tell when a given plant block is fully grown.

I wouldn't be excited trying to apply this to an entire field of course.

Reactions: Narc

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
fwiw, SFM can often tell when a given plant block is fully grown.

I wouldn't be excited trying to apply this to an entire field of course.
Two rows 7 blocks with two water dispensers to dump water on the field when ready for harvest. That said, good idea, SFM isn't a mod most of us seem to mention or even use, but the power of it is amazing.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Two rows 7 blocks with two water dispensers to dump water on the field when ready for harvest. That said, good idea, SFM isn't a mod most of us seem to mention or even use, but the power of it is amazing.
Concur.

In the given scenario, I'd honestly just determine a "four-fifths-life" of the farm and rig a Timer-And-Water setup for that. I wouldn't mind if it was 20% inefficient: who cares? Its still miles better than harvesting it manually.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That the 1.6 "Wand of equal trade"(yeah ok its a focus now...) can target water source blocks. Guess you can equal trade lakes away now :p
Ok this is fucked up annoying! The wand is almost useless under water now >.<

Try to click something you want to trade and it swaps all the nearby water for the block.