What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well...
The single most insanely powerful ore processing system in Minecraft that doesn't feel like cheating
After a while it felt like cheating to me :p
I'd love to be able to tone down the outputs a tiny bit via configs, but that's just me.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
After a while it felt like cheating to me :p
I'd love to be able to tone down the outputs a tiny bit via configs, but that's just me.
Compare the closest competitor to it: 5x Ore Processing in Mek.
Well, closest tech based one. Seeing as Technomancy now has a ore processing system for purifying ores(gets you 5x at most IIRC), Mek is still the main "big deal" to compete with RoC.
Anyway, RoC needs shaft power, Mek runs off of pretty much any energy system, but requires some vastly more complex systems to get 5x ores. Both require a inane amount of power for this task, but Mek also requires some exotic "fuels", but uses very little of them if used correctly. And RoC can run the Extractor off of pretty much anything if you have patience, but the Mek system requires much more complex things then a 2-clock or a engine running off of water and fire.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The Mekanism 5x system is much more complicated than the extractor. It needs many different machines, a large multiblock which needs to be in the right biome, gunpowder and tons of water. The extractor just needs water and power.
By the time you build this you probably have enough resources. I have a 4x system in my current world, but I could've just sticked to 3x. I built it just because I can :D

Reactions: Pyure

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The Mekanism 5x system is much more complicated than the extractor. It needs many different machines, a large multiblock which needs to be in the right biome, gunpowder and tons of water. The extractor just needs water and power.
By the time you build this you probably have enough resources. I have a 4x system in my current world, but I could've just sticked to 3x. I built it just because I can :D
Well the extractor is...
Prays that reika doesn't rebalance

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm just worried about mod-inflation. Its too easy to make a block and say that it is sufficiently complicated to build that it justifies another 100% of ore doubling over the last guy's.

Two years ago, 5x ore doubling would have been considered a bit ThousandHeartsDamageSwordlololol to go into any kind of "serious" pack, e.g. anything from FTB.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just worried about mod-inflation. Its too easy to make a block and say that it is sufficiently complicated to build that it justifies another 100% of ore doubling over the last guy's.

Two years ago, 5x ore doubling would have been considered a bit ThousandHeartsDamageSwordlololol to go into any kind of "serious" pack, e.g. anything from FTB.
Speaking of which, Technomancy's Ore Processing can hit 6x ingot per ore.

Reactions: Pyure

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
4.6666666666666x ore multiplication by mariculture is also a fairly serious competitor.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, that's either gonna go or become way more complicated than it is currently. I don't want to compete in the market. Don't want people to be stupid enough to even try Mariculture's method, considering how much fuel it would use.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Meh, that's either gonna go or become way more complicated than it is currently. I don't want to compete in the market. Don't want people to be stupid enough to even try Mariculture's method, considering how much fuel it would use.
Shrug just make it configurable. I can see packs that could benefit from higher and lower than that.

If more things were configurable, I'd assemble my own damn packs.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm not 100% happy with everything?... Which is why I continue to work on it :p, and get it where I want it to be... I have said positive things too!! :p

Reactions: Mevansuto

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm not 100% happy with everything?... Which is why I continue to work on it :p, and get it where I want it to be... I have said positive things too!! :p
Something I like to say is if you are satisfied with you're own work you are doing something wrong because perfection is not possible

Reactions: null123

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not really that cool, but I found that a 16:1 diamond gearbox set to speed mode has only a limited tolerance for the power of a microturbine.

I just wish i'd known this before the thing blew itself apart while I was halfway through a cycle on the isotope centrifuge.

And yes, it was lubricated. I'm only mostly a retard, not a complete one :p