What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I am relentless in making sure of my grammar and spelling.

And of others'.

You forgot to capitalize the "i" in "impossible" and you didn't end your sentence with a period! Die, heathen! Come, my minions!
*fluffy bunny minions begin to rain (reign?) furiously*
No, not those minions! Send in the clay soldiers; they shall deal with my oppressors.
*clay soldiers do not begin to move in, as they are made of clay and therefore incapable of self-locomotion*
... fine. Golems, then.
*golems initiate a revolution, causing rivers to run red with pig iron and the sky to fall at their feet*
I could send "Dog" to help. Do you need help?

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Running Certus quartz ore through an extractor gives nether quartz flakes as a byproduct.

That's another thing I no longer need to go into the nether for :D
But, I usualy reach the igneous extruder before a recycler or a sludge boiler. So I get the obsidian for a portal before.

Since the extractor need one bit of neitherhack, you need to have access to the neither at that point. Or did I missed a quick way to get neitherhack ?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Did you see RWTema's latest imgur album about the changelog for XU's 1.7 update?
YES PLEASE YES.
I did indeed see that.
Let me find dog...
Ah, there you are!

Go help, Dog.
ItemCompanionCube.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
* In ReactorCraft, boilers don't need to be directly adjacent to a heat exchanger in order to get sufficient boiling heat.
* In ReactorCraft, the sodium cycle of the Breeder Reactor has nothing to do with the breeding process; its just a nice power byproduct.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dunno, I kinda like the fan. So easy to setup and requires pretty much no power.

But that aside, in my current world I'm doing everything with RoC, so MFR etc are off-limits :3
Previously I might have agreed with lluvalar regarding the relative friendliness of the MFR harvester, but the latest versions seem to harvest all magical crops now.

That said, I still refuse to use MFR in my game too (otherwise I use it for everything it seems)

Reactions: Padfoote

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Previously I might have agreed with lluvalar regarding the relative friendliness of the MFR harvester, but the latest versions seem to harvest all magical crops now.

That said, I still refuse to use MFR in my game too (otherwise I use it for everything it seems)
Iirc the support for magic crops was dropped temporarily due to magic crops advancing versions so quickly, so Reika decided it would be better to wait for the versions to stabilize.

E: This' something I read somewhere. Possibly not the absolute truth.

Reactions: Pyure