What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
well, heard of it long ago, found it a while back on tvtropes, found its wiki two days ago, got the basic game yesterday, picked up a modded version + texture pack today.

give it up for DWARF FORTRESS.
complex as heck, but awesome fun. (the normal fun, not game-ending "fun", though I fully expect that to come along)
Good luck with it, and you're going to have LOTS of "fun". Especially since Toady expects the next version to come out next month.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Good luck with it, and you're going to have LOTS of "fun". Especially since Toady expects the next version to come out next month.
I love DF. Ironically, FTB (specifically FTB) got me unhooked. And yes, its full of Fun.

I had no idea they were (finally) releasing a new version; wow :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Studying for an exam, what I managed to gain from it is that Diabetics would be tastier than normal people, because in their veins form compounds that normally only form when cooking, and these compounds are also what normally give foods their taste

Ok, that is just plain strange... And kinda creepy.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But admittedly awesome yet (almost) entirely useless information.
Thus why it's also a problem considering that's mostly what I took away from study for an exam..

It should have been actually useful information about the exam, but nope. Just a useless creepy fact.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Thus why it's also a problem considering that's mostly what I took away from study for an exam..

It should have been actually useful information about the exam, but nope. Just a useless creepy fact.
Can't you just be satisfied that Glucagon is a fun word to pronounce and have that as your fun and useless takeaway fact. Please don't eat me

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can't you just be satisfied that Glucagon is a fun word to pronounce and have that as your fun and useless takeaway fact. Please don't eat me

It also sounds like an alien species rejected by the writers of star trek because they were pitched as *ahem* "a bunch of unpleasant solvent abusing proles with necrotic nasal septums".

Sounds convincing to me.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Studying for an exam, what I managed to gain from it is that Diabetics would be tastier than normal people, because in their veins form compounds that normally only form when cooking, and these compounds are also what normally give foods their taste

Maybe you are just not imaginative enough to see the potential? Selective breeding diabetic livestock for tastier meat? :p

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
That I might have to play BnB to satisfy my need for something challenging.
As always, Tim Drake to the rescue.
a00ad6d173ec90779789e65dfa640703.png

Last edited: