What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there ore doubling, or am I going to have to find 8 iron ingots. I am also aware of the 64k fluid cells required for the Aq. A

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
in Hearts of Iron 2, all of Japan's air and naval bases in the Marshall and Carolina islands are in range of assault groups from Wake Island and Guam.

A bit of prior preparation by my US forces in 1940/41 and Japan's ability to project power in the central pacific lasted less than a week after Pearl Harbor :)

I might need to bring some of my armour and mechanised infantry across the pacific though, I don't fancy taking the Japanese home islands with just marines XD.

Reactions: Qazplm601

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In ReactorCraft, you can use Sodium Heaters in a non-Breeder fission reactor.

You have to run your reactor a bit hotter than I like, but I just created 24 buckets of hot molten sodium with my 16-core reactor setup (8 control rods raised instead of my usual 5 or 6, shudder)

Have yet to see how much steam that creates.

Edit: 24*25reservoirs buckets.

Still doesn't seem to produce quite as much steam as straight up water boilers though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
TCon. Takes a few hits in the broad trunk, but once you reach the 2x2 stem it will cut the upper part down as usual.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
TCon. Takes a few hits in the broad trunk, but once you reach the 2x2 stem it will cut the upper part down as usual.
Ah, the Lumber Axe. TiC Lumber Axes are OP! I prefer DartCraft felling axes. I believe that's what they're called, but it's been such a long time since I've really used one, I can't actually recall.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I think that a few weeks ago it was noted here that compatibility between MFR rednet and computercraft had been lost. Earlier when I wanted to use a computer as a variable analog emitter and I discovered, to my good fortune, that compatibility had been restored. This is on CC 1.6.3 and MFR 2.7.9 Final. At the very least setBundledOutput works.

EDIT: Sorry about this, it turns out I was wrong.

Last edited:

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, the Lumber Axe. TiC Lumber Axes are OP! I prefer DartCraft felling axes. I believe that's what they're called, but it's been such a long time since I've really used one, I can't actually recall.
The "fun" thing is the first time I did that was out in the wild in a rainbow forest. I had my mysterious magnet on, so I had to fight the ents while a gazillion of dyes were floating around me making the puffing ender teleportation noise.
I usually love that item, but the sounds it makes when my inventory is full annoy the heck out of me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Have you seen Reika's latest video? He upgraded the chopping mechanic of the bedrock axe a few days ago. My jaw may or may not have dropped when he started felling trees in TF with no noticeable lag.

The "fun" thing is the first time I did that was out in the wild in a rainbow forest. I had my mysterious magnet on, so I had to fight the ents while a gazillion of dyes were floating around me making the puffing ender teleportation noise.
Speaking of appreciable lag, that must have hit your fps a bit :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen Reika's latest video? He upgraded the chopping mechanic of the bedrock axe a few days ago. My jaw may or may not have dropped when he started felling trees in TF with no noticeable lag.

Speaking of appreciable lag, that must have hit your fps a bit :)

now if only all the drops would get collected into a small area, so you can quickly pick up the items without them still causing lagg afterwards as entities on the ground
then again, there are ways to vacuum items towards you in Rotarycraft

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
now if only all the drops would get collected into a small area, so you can quickly pick up the items without them still causing lagg afterwards as entities on the ground
Yep, answered your own concern :)

Vacuum block, and a vacuum item if the first doesn't do it for ya.[DOUBLEPOST=1403097912][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: Btw for those who hate wading through long videos, just shortcut to ~2:30 and he showcases a large TF tree he's about to splut.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Electric Engine with upgrade + Extra Utilites Transfer Node for stuffing a TE machine into my IC2 factory line.

Yeah, I'm sort of a noob because things changed so much since I played . . .

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen Reika's latest video?
Yes I have =)

For my setup at base I placed down a chest with an advanced item collector from Random Things. The RoC item vacuum scares me =)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
New for today (ReactorCraft):
1) This shouldn't surprise me, but running a hot water fission reactor at 2x the heat doesn't produce an appreciable increase in steam given the same number of boilers (more heat == more reactions == faster fuel depletion)

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019

:eek:

Is it wrong that I REALLY want to see that thing tackle a sacred oak or sacred rubber tree?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Depends what you mean by "see".

The game would be reduced to a slideshow if the client somehow managed to survive the experience.
I think the point of the demo was that instead of trying to lump an entire tree-chop into one action, it now recurses over a (shortish) period of time.

That said, even grouping the sacred entities that fall, I gotta imagine they're gonna smash your cpu to some degree or other.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Using XU transfer nodes on a Random Thing's player interface with XU filters in place instantly causes severe lag. That was fun to fix...

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
(Well, this was yesterday, but...)
I had an unpleasant surprise in my survival world on the Direwolf20 modpack, that I am going to have to make a Glacial Precipitator if I ever want to make a projectile spell.