What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I am relentless in making sure of my grammar and spelling.

And of others'.

You forgot to capitalize the "i" in "impossible" and you didn't end your sentence with a period! Die, heathen! Come, my minions!
*fluffy bunny minions begin to rain (reign?) furiously*
No, not those minions! Send in the clay soldiers; they shall deal with my oppressors.
*clay soldiers do not begin to move in, as they are made of clay and therefore incapable of self-locomotion*
... fine. Golems, then.
*golems initiate a revolution, causing rivers to run red with pig iron and the sky to fall at their feet*
i send my tumbleweed army to assist you!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

And of others'.

You forgot to capitalize the "i" in "impossible" and you didn't end your sentence with a period! Die, heathen! Come, my minions!
No, not those minions! Send in the clay soldiers; they shall deal with my oppressors.
*clay soldiers do not begin to move in, as they are made of clay and therefore incapable of self-locomotion*
... fine. Golems, then.
*golems initiate a revolution, causing rivers to run red with pig iron and the sky to fall at their feet*
Um ok.

Reactions: ThomazM

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

And of others'.

... fine. Golems, then.
Look, we dont oearn rabbit storm until level 5.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Today: my BM tier 5 zombie spawner doubles as a weak blood shard farm doubles as a TC wand recharge station doubles as a source of infinite XP and flesh. Who knew?

Side note: The Volcanic Furnace from Gany's Nether (I think) can malt almost any item down into lava. Power your base on excess zombiemeat, too! And use those Drying Racks (from TiCo or Natura?) for infinite Monster Jerky!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Very certain it's old news, and very certain it is highly questionable in terms of ethical gameplay... hehe

...but this handy little freeware opensource "Auto-Mouse-Click Generator" located here, in conjunction with the Thaumcraft Deconstruction Table can refill and re-stock the primal aspect contents of a Research Table quite nicely, thank you very much. :D

A few notes: I used 2100 milliseconds between clicks. This means that whatever you're doing in the meantime (scrolling down a web forum for instance) must be done in approximately two second increments, which will slowly but surely drive one quite batty. Trust me on this. You probably should just go make a sandwich and don't stack the hoppers too high. And if you're like me and have far too much wood thanks to Steve's Carts doing their thing... well start making a whole lotta Vanilla Crafting Tables, son, because there ain't nothin' better to deconstruct (unless you need Ignis but it seems Aer and Aqua are the two always running low for me and my research).

Reactions: YX33A

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Since I got pinged earlier... Whenever someone says that around here it's to summon someone. Although I'd prefer to be summoned with a steak, this also works. :p
Can I be summoned with a bouncy red ball? :D

Nobody ever needs me, but I like bouncy balls :-D

Reactions: netmc and Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can I be summoned with a bouncy red ball? :D

Nobody ever needs me, but I like bouncy balls :-D

my-friend-thinks-hes-smart.jpg

Picture unrelated

lostandthedamned

Jul 29, 2019
The EnderIO SAG mill produces silicon as a by-product when grinding down clay and convert brick blocks into clay
Very nice early game as a single rougelike dungeon nets me almost all the stuff I need for an AE system without hitting the nether.
I hate wasting quartz of either type smelting to get silicon.
With clay you can even set up a diminishing returns loop with a cyclical assembler recrafting clay blocks from clay lumps to convert the lot at about a 4:3 ratio.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
The EnderIO SAG mill produces silicon as a by-product when grinding down clay and convert brick blocks into clay
Very nice early game as a single rougelike dungeon nets me almost all the stuff I need for an AE system without hitting the nether.
With clay you can even set up a diminishing returns loop with a cyclical assembler recrafting clay blocks from clay lumps to convert the lot at about a 4:3 ratio.

That's actually.... Very awesome.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019

Personally I just throw power at it and go igneous extruder -> grinder of your choice -> Sand -> SAG mill =)
Be aware that the silicon doesn't work in the assembly table though, if you have Mariculture in the pack you can use the dictionary converter to convert it to AE silicon though (not sure if the MFR unifier works).

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
SS2 does allow you to get a Wither Skeleton shard!! Which, when applied to about eight soul cages, allows me to charge up a SSR tier 5 wither skeleton shard, for even moar goodies! #totallynotexploitingallofthethings
Where would I be without my portal gun?
Lich Towers are excellent places to loot for crystallized soul essences.
One of my fallen kanades randomly disappeared...
The bound pickaxe is an awesome way to get to bedrock, providing you have the LP for it.
You can make redstone energy conduits without ever making leadstone/hardened conduits.
Vazkii's Minium Transmutator is OP, but very useful.
The wand focus of equal trade is my new best friend.
RWTema's ethereal glass is beautiful in my fortress' hallways, and epic when warded.
The Wither is a joke.
Redstone Fluxed tools are totally awesome.
Umm... more later.

Reactions: YX33A

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
1- Altough really good in theory because they only cost 1 piston (1 redstone and iron) and stones and output 200,000 rf per lava, stirling engines and fluid transposer are not a good alternative to magmatic dynamo. The production rate is too slow, so you end up with a huge array of them. Itemducts on both side tend to back-stuff with full buckets. Basically the time you spend resolving those problems is greater then finding the ores and building the magmatic dynamo in the first place.

2- You can build a primitive logistic system with only 2 diamonds (for initial pipes) and a few gold gears as long as you don't build a request pipe or quicksort. You can have a chest that distribute the resource around with a provider pipe and receive those specific resource from a basic logistic pipe. Allowing you for basic automation with suppliers pipes. At this point you might be like "duh! so what?" but the surpising part is that this same provider pipe can be later plugged on an interface on your AE system. Every automation you've done are still functionnal. You can have your things automated before you travel to the neither to gather the quartz for your AE system. Since this part of logistic pipes is cheaper then his AE counterpart (distance coverd by stone pipes and no certus needed) it is actualy pretty good to keep and expand on that hybrid system.

Reactions: jokermatt999