What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Polymorph

Jul 29, 2019
silverwood leaves produce a whole stack of sludge when put in a Rotarycraft fermenter. I live next to a magical forest.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
What I noticed yesterday was that using ejector upgrades in IC2 machines rather than ME import buses makes late game auto crafting significantly faster (don't have any numbers though).

I'm probably the last one to notice this, but still. :)

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Pitchblende (From Reactorcraft) spawns in TONS in the new Monster upadate
You can use Pitchblende in Big reactors as yellorium :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
* You can use the angular-transducer to determine amount of steam in a reactorcraft steamline. (How did I miss this, its critical for determining how many turbines you can handle)
* Adjacent ReactorCraft condensers share inventories, so instead of 20-40 powered outputs I can use just one. Love this.

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do you still get saplings when shearing silverwood leaves?
Yes if you shear them off a tree. But already sheared blocks will not drop saplings if sheared again.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
* You can use the angular-transducer to determine amount of steam in a reactorcraft steamline. (How did I miss this, its critical for determining how many turbines you can handle)
* Adjacent ReactorCraft condensers share inventories, so instead of 20-40 powered outputs I can use just one. Love this.
That second thing I did not know. Thank you so much.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
You're probably the first. No one uses IC2

That was mean. I'm in a mean mood. I'll go now. [/]
Just out of curiosity, what does every one else use? :)

I haven't found anything else that comes close to auto-crafting an EV wind mill from ingots in less than 25 minutes (using IC2 + AE). Not that the game depends on being able to do that or anything, but still...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I haven't found anything else that comes close to auto-crafting an EV wind mill from ingots in less than 25 minutes (using IC2 + AE). Not that the game depends on being able to do that or anything, but still...

What Mevansuto said, plus RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
an open block cursor set on a logistic request table or an AE crafting terminal. I didnt try across dimension yet... but on short distance around my base, it's magical. I can sort, request and craft remotely from anywhere around !

I don't know how I missed that simple 7 wool recipe, but now it gonna be an essential tool for me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

There's definitely some popular opinion on this thread. But in reality, tons of people still use IC2. Everyone who is addicted to GregTech modpacks is included in that list.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It's old hat but I noticed today that you can get 3 cobalt/ardite ingots from an ore block by smelting them with cinnabar in a TE induction furnace.

I also noticed that umbral roses can spread like weeds if unchecked. They also helped motivate me to make a Redstone Arsenal sickle which has a crazy AoE in empowered mode.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
It's old hat but I noticed today that you can get 3 cobalt/ardite ingots from an ore block by smelting them with cinnabar in a TE induction furnace.
I was under the impression that this was a feature if aobd... Was this added to normal TE?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, Resonant Induction, EnderIO.

We don't use IC2, so...
I basically only use IC2 for auto crafting. I haven't found any better solution for that than IC2, but I guess I haven't been looking very hard for alternatives either since it works so well.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I basically only use IC2 for auto crafting. I haven't found any better solution for that than IC2, but I guess I haven't been looking very hard for alternatives either since it works so well.
Do you mean AE? As in applied energistics? I can't think of anything that IC2 has that enables auto crafting