What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I use IC2 for rubber, MPS, overclockers, and generally simpler tasks. I'm not ready to throw it out the window yet!

Today, I discovered that Reika's mods cause too much laggishness, 'cause you can never install just one. Hence, I shall wait for a system upgrade before using them. Shame...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I use IC2 for rubber, MPS, overclockers, and generally simpler tasks. I'm not ready to throw it out the window yet!

I don't know whay those simpler task are, but the other 3 can be replaced by RF mods.

Rubber in MFR
MPS is compatible with TE and UE. It can also be charged with Mekanism.
Overclockers? Please. Mekanism machines are 9x as fast.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not so much a discovery, but i'm really loving the enderIO ME conduits atm. Trying to wire up some stuff in a tight space and being able to run my ME cable THROUGH an enderIO conduit section rather than around it is incredibly helpful.
I'm doing the same today; replacing a network of item/fluiducts under a reactor with enderio; makes it much easier to manouver when you don't have to squeeze through a tangled maze of pipes.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Pulsating Propolis does indeed have a use in Monster pack, even though it doesn't come up in NEI in-game... 5 in an "X" shape in a crafting table makes a "Pulsating Mesh", and then 5 of the mesh in a "+" shape in a Carpenter with no liquids required makes one Ender Pearl.

File this under "useless information that I never knew, but is still pretty useless even after knowing it". :)

I have another one of these reports for Monster but I forgot it already... probably because it's pretty useless. When I remember it I'll edit.[DOUBLEPOST=1401736559][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not so much a discovery, but i'm really loving the enderIO ME conduits atm. Trying to wire up some stuff in a tight space and being able to run my ME cable THROUGH an enderIO conduit section rather than around it is incredibly helpful.

Oh boy do I ever agree with this, EnderIO is a blessing for us neat freaks. :) I think I even posted about it earlier in this thread.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Pulsating Propolis does indeed have a use in Monster pack, even though it doesn't come up in NEI in-game... 5 in an "X" shape in a crafting table makes a "Pulsating Mesh", and then 5 of the mesh in a "+" shape in a Carpenter with no liquids required makes one Ender Pearl.

File this under "useless information that I never knew, but is still pretty useless even after knowing it". :)

I have another one of these reports for Monster but I forgot it already... probably because it's pretty useless. When I remember it I'll edit.[DOUBLEPOST=1401736559][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh boy do I ever agree with this, EnderIO is a blessing for us neat freaks. :) I think I even posted about it earlier in this thread.

you know, that pulsating mesh thing was cool in unleashed...for the length of time it took me to get enough gold to minium into ender pearls XD.

A new thing I have literally just discovered...

SERVOS ON FLUIDUCTS HAVE AN INVISIBLE USE/IGNORE NBT BUTTON.

This would have made some of my previous projects so much sodding simpler to engineer. Why does this thing have to be hidden?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you know, that pulsating mesh thing was cool in unleashed...for the length of time it took me to get enough gold to minium into ender pearls XD.

A new thing I have literally just discovered...

SERVOS ON FLUIDUCTS HAVE AN INVISIBLE USE/IGNORE NBT BUTTON.

This would have made some of my previous projects so much sodding simpler to engineer. Why does this thing have to be hidden?
What's an example benefit of the use/ignore nbt?

Reactions: Mevansuto

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What's an example benefit of the use/ignore nbt?

Well, on my previous monster world, i ran into trouble with my automated titanium processing, the smeltery drains would decant impure titanium into itemducts once the pure titanium ran out...but the itemducts couldn't drop the impure titanium into casting basins so the whole system would get backed up. NBT filtering would likely have solved that issue.

In my current build, I have two successive sets of ferment barrels brewing ale for me. The first takes ale (hopped, young) and adds netherwart to make ale (hopped, fermented), then a set of fluiducts takes that ale and moves it into a second row of barrels that add glowstone to make ale (hopped, fermented, potent). Without NBT filtering, the ale (hopped, young) just gets piped in then straight out of the first barrel without getting processed.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, on my previous monster world, i ran into trouble with my automated titanium processing, the smeltery drains would decant impure titanium into itemducts once the pure titanium ran out...but the itemducts couldn't drop the impure titanium into casting basins so the whole system would get backed up. NBT filtering would likely have solved that issue.

In my current build, I have two successive sets of ferment barrels brewing ale for me. The first takes ale (hopped, young) and adds netherwart to make ale (hopped, fermented), then a set of fluiducts takes that ale and moves it into a second row of barrels that add glowstone to make ale (hopped, fermented, potent). Without NBT filtering, the ale (hopped, young) just gets piped in then straight out of the first barrel without getting processed.
Makes sense; I didn't realize there were "flavours" of liquids where it would make a difference.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that ars magica 2s moonstone meteors have a animation from at least as high as the top of a sacred rubber tree....I also discovered that same animation is scary as crap when it is flying toward your face.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Once I had a meteor get "stuck" right before it hit ground.

My goodness it scared me because I had this big flaming thing that was just sitting over my farm and I didn't know if it was a boss monster or not.

I eventually went up and hit it and it somehow decided to become unstuck from that.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Heh. Just mix occasional profundity in with a slew of irrelevant witticisms and the like button seems to automate itself :)
Aka why I'm an Over-Achiever and was "only" well-known before the update. Keep your finger on the pulse and you'd have known this before this update.
Also:
Found out that one of the new trophies requires a 50% likes to post ratio...
:<
Not getting that one...
Not that hard.... Plus there are two of them. You may not be basically a shoe-in for either of them, but they aren't impossible.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 crops also are incredibly useful. it grow faster, you dont need to replant and it make everything easier.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Added Dartcraft to the latest version of Monster and settled in a force biome. Finally saw what liquid force does to undead.

It adds a weakness debuff, and zombies turn into child zombies. Then when I killed one it dropped a Blood Magic weak blood shard.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
It is also hard as heck to get them.
No you dont get it... I don't breed, I don't use weed-ex or anything. I just plant my vanilla seeds on crops. It's awesome. Everything stay planted and work with mfr harvesters. You can plant netherwart, red dye and yellow dye. Melon and pumpkins grow in 1 space. Sugar canes dont need to be next to water and overall everything grow faster. All you need is to make sure there is no empty crops in your field as those create weed...

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
No you dont get it... I don't breed, I don't use weed-ex or anything. I just plant my vanilla seeds on crops. It's awesome. Everything stay planted and work with mfr harvesters. You can plant netherwart, red dye and yellow dye. Melon and pumpkins grow in 1 space. Sugar canes dont need to be next to water and overall everything grow faster. All you need is to make sure there is no empty crops in your field as those create weed...
Ah, so you're just using the crop sticks to grow your regular crops, not cross-breeding them to get the IC2 added plants.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so you're just using the crop sticks to grow your regular crops, not cross-breeding them to get the IC2 added plants.
Exactly, faster to grow, easier to grow and replanting themself.

It's strange nobody around here seem to use them...