What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Yesterday I changed my ore processing to use a single RotaryCraft grinder and two induction furnaces, rather than 5 pulverizer + redstone furnace combos. A 16x gearbox lowered the processing time of the grinder from about 12 seconds per ore to 0.05 seconds (according to tool tip). I didn't expect that much of an improvement. I'm running four regular quarries and a maxed out quarryplus, and the grinder isn't even breaking a sweat. :)

It can be powered by RF with a magnetostatic engine as well. Then I just used an MFR unifier to get the "old" ingot variants out of it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that this was a feature if aobd... Was this added to normal TE?

TiC added it. But only for TE, not for other processors.[DOUBLEPOST=1401653261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back, IC2 + AE.

But we've repeatedly said we're not against AE. We all love AE.
We all hate IC2.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back, IC2 + AE.
Nope. That makes no sense.

I basically only use IC2 for auto crafting. I haven't found any better solution for that than IC2, but I guess I haven't been looking very hard for alternatives either since it works so well.

See your post here makes zero sense. You're talking about one mod but you meant to be talking about another mod. That's confusing and ineffective when it comes to a discussion.

I'm all for silly posts. I make many of them myself. But you can't expect people to mind read between the lines of your post.

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
These one liners give me an idea... fortune for MC.. Just compile the list of one-liner gems (in this thread or others)... and...

If you have a Linux box (or Cygwin shell), get a feel:

(Oh, the irony)

Code:
gm2@play:~/dev/modpack$ fortune

Caution: Keep out of reach of children.

Reactions: Narc and YX33A

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I changed my ore processing to use a single RotaryCraft grinder and two induction furnaces, rather than 5 pulverizer + redstone furnace combos. A 16x gearbox lowered the processing time of the grinder from about 12 seconds per ore to 0.05 seconds (according to tool tip). I didn't expect that much of an improvement. I'm running four regular quarries and a maxed out quarryplus, and the grinder isn't even breaking a sweat. :)

It can be powered by RF with a magnetostatic engine as well. Then I just used an MFR unifier to get the "old" ingot variants out of it.

slap a 256x tile accelerator from geostrata next to a max-size quarry+, with efficiency 4, unbreaking 3, and silk touch.
that thing will go fast as lightning- one row about every second or two.
before accelerator, took a solid few hours to do 5 layers. after accelerator, a few MINUTES per layer. you will want to use a ME network, with an interface right on the quarry- otherwise it doesn't keep up with that insane output.

you can also slap them next to RoC machines, in particular the slow ones like the uranium processing line.

expensive, but VERY worth it.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
slap a 256x tile accelerator from geostrata next to a max-size quarry+, with efficiency 4, unbreaking 3, and silk touch.
that thing will go fast as lightning- one row about every second or two.
before accelerator, took a solid few hours to do 5 layers. after accelerator, a few MINUTES per layer. you will want to use a ME network, with an interface right on the quarry- otherwise it doesn't keep up with that insane output.

you can also slap them next to RoC machines, in particular the slow ones like the uranium processing line.

expensive, but VERY worth it.
The time torch is slower, but it can make saplings grow faster.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
The title screen quotes are sort of similar, yeah?

Also, I posted this elsewhere, but in Agrarian Skies (maybe other mod packs?), you can make seared stone out of compressed cobble at an even rate (it used to be reduced). So, chuck in a single higher tier compressed cobble, and massively increase your smelteries, or just have a nice dark block set easily.

Also, I discovered that IC2 has now apparently implemented Gregtech's derailing abilities too :p

Reactions: rhn

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The title screen quotes are sort of similar, yeah?

Also, I posted this elsewhere, but in Agrarian Skies (maybe other mod packs?), you can make seared stone out of compressed cobble at an even rate (it used to be reduced). So, chuck in a single higher tier compressed cobble, and massively increase your smelteries, or just have a nice dark block set easily.

Also, I discovered that IC2 has now apparently implemented Gregtech's derailing abilities too :p
A note, it only lets you use up to 3x compressed stone...

Why won't you let me smelt a block that will give me 8 million seared stone at once.. Why! D:

Reactions: trajing

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A note, it only lets you use up to 3x compressed stone...

Why won't you let me smelt a block that will give me 8 million seared stone at once.. Why! D:
Maybe its a matter of liquid storage limits of the smeltery? If it smelts the block in one go, it kinda have to have room to store at least that amount of fluid. Perhaps building the smeltery MUCH taller will help :p

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe its a matter of liquid storage limits of the smeltery? If it smelts the block in one go, it kinda have to have room to store at least that amount of fluid. Perhaps building the smeltery MUCH taller will help :p
The smeltry has no storage limits.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly no, it's coded in to only smelt up to triple compressed. Which still gives you 40 blocks worth of seared stone per block, which is nice

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Nope. That makes no sense.

See your post here makes zero sense. You're talking about one mod but you meant to be talking about another mod. That's confusing and ineffective when it comes to a discussion.

I'm all for silly posts. I make many of them myself. But you can't expect people to mind read between the lines of your post.
No, I was talking about a mod which I intended to talk about, IC2. All I said was that it was good for auto crafting, but I only meant the processing you (often) need to do when you auto craft, not the auto crafting logic itself. Sorry if I was unclear about that - it's the processing part where I think IC2 works well.

I'm not sure if my initial post regarding IC2 was taken to be in the context of some other discussion or something, this was not intended.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
No, I was talking about a mod which I intended to talk about, IC2. All I said was that it was good for auto crafting, but I only meant the processing you (often) need to do when you auto craft, not the auto crafting logic itself. Sorry if I was unclear about that - it's the processing part where I think IC2 works well.

I'm not sure if my initial post regarding IC2 was taken to be in the context of some other discussion or something, this was not intended.

Just gonna say this, the processing has been bettered in other mods. Mekanism is faster and doesn't require upgrades to auto-output.