What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually, I'm just running the windmills into a Rotational Dynamo so I can power my Pulverizer and Sawmill. Since I always drain my XP before going up, I just make the 24 block jump from the edge of my farm to my infinite spring, aided by a Tinker's Longsword. Doesn't always work. :p

Reactions: jokermatt999

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
After wrestling with producing enough wood to keep my bee farm (49 alvearies total) supplied with impregnated frames, I have discovered that a single Forestry multi-farm can indeed keep up, but it requires Coast Sequoia saplings crossed with another tree species pollen so they grow faster. I'm making more wood than I believed was possible out of Forestry, but the Sequoia trees are gigantic. I guess I can consider breaking down my 5x5 chunk area that has four Steve's Carts running on two separate loops. LOL They've worked great, but boy are they ever slow and unpredictable (which is why I devised a system to run two carts on each track and keep them separated with railcraft holding tracks so they don't catch up to each other).

Reactions: casilleroatr

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
I found out how I don't have to constantly replace water for a sprinkler. I connected an aqueous accumulator to a tank under the sprinkler and now I don't have to constantly check for the water level.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I found out how I don't have to constantly replace water for a sprinkler. I connected an aqueous accumulator to a tank under the sprinkler and now I don't have to constantly check for the water level.
Connect the sprinkler directly to the Accumulator. The accumulator provides enough water for it even without water next to it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Brilliant innit. That's how I work my farms now. Conveniently the area under the dirt is all water because it's a bed of lilypads of overpoweredglory, so i have a bunch of ready made water source blocks to call on :)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I found that using bonemeal on ender lilies works backwards. (XU has some pretty complex mechanics...)
However, having the sigil of the green grove's passive effect seemed to work.

Also, for some reason, I can't get snowballs by shoveling flat snow (not the block). I was despairing because I couldn't find/harvest any snowballs, until my subconscious somehow told me to plant snowbell seeds in my golemized farm. That did the trick!

AND: I am now a botanist!
E6FLaIT.png

AAAAANND: Golden boots have the same EMC value as diamonds! Muahaha!
U6fVADW.png
[

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for some reason, I can't get snowballs by shoveling flat snow (not the block). I was despairing because I couldn't find/harvest any snowballs, until my subconscious somehow told me to plant snowbell seeds in my golemized farm. That did the trick!
Had the same problem with TiCo shovels. But vanilla ones work for me.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
There must be a way we can fill all 4 of the T3 altars in one go...right?
Yeah, i was thinking that it would at least choose a random altar to give the lp to. I was really wanting a way to fill my network quicker. I thought that if i made 4 really close altars all running speed runes then i could fill my LP network really fast.