What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The top end electricraft battery is actually worth it.

Bit more expensive than resonant energy cells, but it holds a lot more so my ever expanding wall of the bloody things is no longer necessary.

Reactions: Pyure

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The top end electricraft battery is actually worth it.

Bit more expensive than resonant energy cells, but it holds a lot more so my ever expanding wall of the bloody things is no longer necessary.
I must shame myself and say I have never played with electricraft :( may do an only @Reika's mods thing at some point

Reactions: ThomazM

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Heh, I never knew that was another Reika mod. There's surprisingly few that aren't these days, apparently :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Not exactly Minecraft-related, but what Wine tells Windoze programs is drive Z: is actually / (the root directory) on the native system that's running Wine. So, I can install things to Z:\home\se37 and have them wind up in my home folder, instead of ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~EC is awesome!
That they are mate, that they are.
Learned that WATCH_DOGS is a short game built upon a gimmick and is a very solid game, albeit short and the plot sometimes sucks, towards the end mainly, yet the ending itself was very well done, even for a quick time event ending. The plot may be somewhat shaky but it's like a willow in that sense. It holds quite well.
Plus, despite some parts being so telegraphed that anyone with a clue in hell could have seen them coming, in game characters no less, they often had twists even though one could easily see the obvious coming yet the twists were not obvious not impossible, though occasionally out of left field. The ending had such a twist. I saw the quick time event ending coming before I reached it, and despite that, the twist I didn't see coming but it was believable. It's a game that relies on quick time events but does them very well. The game is proof if it was ever in question if a quick time event could be good, and no shit they can be, even in a AAA game where they are a sign of lazy devs, in WATCH_DOGS, they showed smart devs, and isn't it also AAA?

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Credits has a video up on youtube that discusses how minecraft is impacting the game industry.
check it out:

EC is awesome!

Nice. One small issue, that commant about no immediate button smashing and explosions, they apparently never had to spand their first night out side in the warm embrace of some creepers...