Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Going through Thaum's not so intuitive manner research progression.

For example, blowing through resources doing researches because I don't know what it wants. Also.. having to learn all the crap about bees and other odds/ends to finally learn about wands... Does anyone really think they could use Thaum without "cheating", referencing the ftbwiki.org?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Going through Thaum's not so intuitive manner research progression.

For example, blowing through resources doing researches because I don't know what it wants. Also.. having to learn all the crap about bees and other odds/ends to finally learn about wands... Does anyone really think they could use Thaum without "cheating", referencing the ftbwiki.org?
I have. Would I do TC3 research again? No.

But more to the point, it's much better in TC4, at least in my opinion. The item sink is gone and it just feels better.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. I still pride myself for being nuts though :p[DOUBLEPOST=1383874754][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think that isn't in the 1.4 packs though. Better check quickly.
Not to be a PITA but if you're still playing 1.4, you really haven't felt the sting of current GT. I hate the mod, but with my current knowledge of modded MC, even I could conquer 1.4 GT fairly quickly. The grind you feel in that version has been replaced with soul tapping minutiae in 1.6.

But I can understand why you're on that version. It's difficult to leave an existing world.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
How the same people feel they need to constantly vomit opinions into every thread about a mod they have no intention of playing, making exactly the same arguments again and again thinking stuff gonna change...

Also I can't figure out why everyone's in love with the quartz grindstone from AE.
you just sit there.
clicking it.
constantly.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's easy to make so you can use it very early into your game to get more use out of the resources you dig up. Not useful for very long, though.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Well, it's easy to make so you can use it very early into your game to get more use out of the resources you dig up. Not useful for very long, though.

I've tried it. I've also tried multiple ones, hitting them in turn.
I can get more resources in the same time with a bit of extra spelunking and a vanilla furnace.
Unless I've got steel-machine-frames enabled that first trip gives more than enough for a few hobbyist engines and a pulveriser

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone delves right in and finds all that gold etc right off, or has those particular mods installed etc. Like I said, very limited use IMO.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
The grindstone's purpose is likely the same as all those wrenches out there: AE might be used in a pack/by itself without another mod that can grind stuff up. That way it doesn't depend on another mod being there.

Reactions: PierceSG

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
You know you can chose to stop using updated versions of MC at anytime. It has the same effect as if they as you wished it just left it alone.
But then all the mod authors leave their mods alone, too.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
"Man I hate that thing that you like because mine is slightly better"

Or "Man I hate that thing that you like/have because mine is inferior"
Or "Man I hate that thing that you like because to many people like it also"
Or "Man I hate that thing that you like because I have a limited understanding of the subject and refuse to learn more then the generalizations others have made about it. I in fact refuse to form my own opinion on the matter"

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I hate when I spend days working on JVM arguments then post an iteration as release that's missing arguments or has the wrong values because I'm tired and not paying attention to what I'm copypastaing when making a huge update to a sticky thread while simultaneously trying to download mod updates and talk to mod authors about bug fixes during a conversation on teamspeak with another FTB team member.

I also hate run on sentences. :p

Reactions: casilleroatr

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Having no Coin of fortune from Xenos reliquary in 1.5.2 Unleashed. Finding Dartcrafts magnet glove as alternative! Discovering that it not only attracts loot and xp, but also Iron golems.. Ehm why? Used to use golems to guard certain areas.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Having no Coin of fortune from Xenos reliquary in 1.5.2 Unleashed. Finding Dartcrafts magnet glove as alternative! Discovering that it not only attracts loot and xp, but also Iron golems.. Ehm why? Used to use golems to guard certain areas.
Magic Bee's Mysterious Magnet!