Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Pretty much what Adonis said. Best not to perceive possibilities where there is no reason for it.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
That I'm a "Microblock'aholic" and so many modders make beautiful new materials without enabling the microblocks for them. ;(

There is a config file called "microblocks.cfg" in your config folder.
You can add any block from a mod there and you'll be able to use it as a microblock, you just need to specify the ID of the block.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is a config file called "microblocks.cfg" in your config folder.
You can add any block from a mod there and you'll be able to use it as a microblock, you just need to specify the ID of the block.
Yeah, but just a bit anxious about doing that. What happens if I update the modpack and forget to change the config again? Isn't configs overwritten in updates? Really don't think I know enough about how this works to mess around with it too much :p But it is tempting :p

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
When folks won't make a backup and then give configs adjustment a try. It's very easy and if you break something, just load your backup

Reactions: dwappo

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I made a haiku for you guys! ^^ Ahem...

We all love some mods,
The big, the small, all of them.
But if I hear another OP complaint about anything (fuel values, anyone?), I'll pressure wash your face off.

I think I might have been off count on syllables on that last line... Whoops. :p

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to add, posters who think that they are better than the average players at modded MC and keeps posting posts on how OP this is and how OP that is and how playing with certain mods means they are best playing in creative because their choice of playstyle is wrong.

And of course how a certain mod is the cream of the crop and no one can diss it because it is the very epitome of MC modding.

/rant over

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That Thaumcrafts amazingly useful Wand of Equal Trade places the "mined" blocks directly into my inventory instead of "dropping" them(Not dropping it on the ground where it was mined but making it enter inventory as dropped). When the wand is used in junction with a Forestry backpack set in resupply mode, the blocks arent picked up by the backpack but placed in main inventory where after the backpack instantly fills the stack, causing the entire backpack to be emptied into the inventory in a split second. ;(

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I found out a really big one:

when people post on the minecraft or ftb subreddit a year old feature that they just learned (TIL = Today I Learned)

TIL you can put item frames on bee hives!
TIL you can undye leather armor with a cauldron!

whats next? "TIL you can sprint by double tapping W"? or "TIL sleeping in beds resets your spawnpoint"?

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You could dye leather armour in game?
Aww Man, I thought that was some fancy thing for mapmakers.
Something thats really got on my tits lately- its takes (literally) 10 minutes for a modpack to boot up- then another 5 to log into a server.
And during those 5 you're stood there unable to move as a zombie gnaws on your face.

Optimize your packs peeps, I haven't exactly got a low tier system either and it suffers.
(for something thats 2 1/2 years old it can run around a lot without issue)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dravarden

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
You could dye leather armour in game?
Aww Man, I thought that was some fancy thing for mapmakers.
Something thats really got on my tits lately- its takes (literally) 10 minutes for a modpack to boot up- then another 5 to log into a server.
And during those 5 you're stood there unable to move as a zombie gnaws on your face.

Optimize your packs peeps, I haven't exactly got a low tier system either and it suffers.
(for something thats 2 1/2 years old it can run around a lot without issue)
You should check your Permgen options and memory.