Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the stuff in RotaryCraft i tried worked.. Where do you have problems?

There are a some bugs with power transmitting if you're using non-linear power networks. There are also some odd states power can get into where no amount of torque can turn over a machine.

Known bugs, I think.

More troubling is the design. There are a lot of dead ends in the mods design that are curious. There are really clear winners and losses in power generator cost and overhead and that is seemingly uncorrelated with how good the generators are.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the stuff in RotaryCraft i tried worked.. Where do you have problems?

On the server I am playing, Lightbridges work, but as soon as you step onto them you fall through and get teleported back up. The terraformer doesn't allow you to choose any biomes to change to (even with tile selector). Breaking any RotaryCraft blocks with the Vajra doesn't drop anything. The generator item of the eletric generator isn't craftable. A wood cutter on a huge oak tree just disappeared as soon as I started it. The bedrock breaker drops both real and ghost bedrock dust (of which later can't be picked up, of course). The angular transducer clears the whole chat history. Springs are not craftable in AE crafting terminals. A reservior has a capacity of 64 buckets, but when you place 2 reserviors next to each other, you will only be able to manually empty 123 buckets, since there will be 63.5 buckets in each and thus no room for another whole bucket. Upside down shafts sometimes make the GUI disappear.

I am aware that some of this might be related to the server settings, but those bugs diminish the mod experience. Nevertheless, I love mod overall.

Last edited:

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Or the officialdocumentation sticks half the words together. Greg's space key seems broken.

I think this might actually have something to do with a language translation issue. Something about German and how named things are written, though since I don't know the language, I can't remember what someone was telling me.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that finding the uses for something using NEI seems to take foreveeeeeer.

This one seems to be fixed in my 1.6 modpack. Yay! I get really annoyed with any interface that doesn't close when I press the inventory key. I almost (almost) didn't give Applied Energistics a chance because of its search bar behavior back in the 1.4 days.

Reactions: RedBoss

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
When someone does a mod spotlight on a mod they don't actually play with and didn't bother to do any serious research on.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
This one seems to be fixed in my 1.6 modpack. Yay! I get really annoyed with any interface that doesn't close when I press the inventory key. I almost (almost) didn't give Applied Energistics a chance because of its search bar behavior back in the 1.4 days.
This 1000 times. I am so glad you can turn auto search off now, so it works like 99% of other interfaces.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It irks me that we have combined food items like fruit medley, cake, pumpkin pie & triple meat treat, but no sandwiches. There's bread and meat in the game, can we get a sandwich with heavy saturation please? Heck, milk is used for everything except making cheese. Why can't we have ham & cheese sandwiches?

Also I haven't eaten breakfast today and maybe it's affecting my perspective.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It irks me that we have combined food items like fruit medley, cake, pumpkin pie & triple meat treat, but no sandwiches. There's bread and meat in the game, can we get a sandwich with heavy saturation please? Heck, milk is used for everything except making cheese. Why can't we have ham & cheese sandwiches?

Also I haven't eaten breakfast today and maybe it's affecting my perspective.

it irks me that you made me hungry. you're obliged to buy me food now ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Think this thread was meant for things we didn't like about Minecraft/FTB, which I thought was a great idea for modders to get new ideas/critique. Getting a bit tiresome to read about people being annoyed over other people. Lets try and get back on topic?