Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is a really tiny thing:

I was making some resonating crystal liquid, and the HUD showed it as 100% for efficiency and strength, but once I turned it into crystals it was only 99.99%! :p the purity was still 100% though, which is really the most important thing. I made 4 crystals worth of liquid at once, so it’s not the worst thing in the world I guess :D
pff efficiency 100% is overrated anyway :p

As far as I can tell, you only really super care about strength. A low-efficiency 100-strength crystal will still give you the same amount of total power, you just won't get it as quickly

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
pff efficiency 100% is overrated anyway :p

As far as I can tell, you only really super care about strength. A low-efficiency 100-strength crystal will still give you the same amount of total power, you just won't get it as quickly
This is very true.

As I'm pretty well off for diamonds, I'm also considering making some "sacrificial" crystals, so unaltered strength and efficiency, purified up to 85% and then given a blast with whatever liquid crystal I've got left in the lasers to purify them as high as possible, then use them up and chuck them into the lasers for doing more purification later.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You also have to be a bit thoughtful with how high the efficiency goes as not all mods can handle that much power throughput.

Though with as easy as it is to automate the Wither (you can do it in Vanilla except the player has to place the soul sand 'cuz no block placers)? Just use Nether Stars.

I personally use cascading tanks with a laser and lots of purifiers for each, Valves as "smart pipes", and a liquid level monitor with AND logic to make sure the lasers don't fire unless the tank is full. Takes up some extra room, and can't process continually... but I prefer being absolutely sure that I get PRECISELY the crystal I wanted, so there's a lot of safeties built into my RCL processing.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You also have to be a bit thoughtful with how high the efficiency goes as not all mods can handle that much power throughput.

Though with as easy as it is to automate the Wither (you can do it in Vanilla except the player has to place the soul sand 'cuz no block placers)? Just use Nether Stars.

I personally use cascading tanks with a laser and lots of purifiers for each, Valves as "smart pipes", and a liquid level monitor with AND logic to make sure the lasers don't fire unless the tank is full. Takes up some extra room, and can't process continually... but I prefer being absolutely sure that I get PRECISELY the crystal I wanted, so there's a lot of safeties built into my RCL processing.
Unfortunately the pack doesn’t have RFTools in it, so the liquid level monitor isn’t doable for me. But yes - I’m encountering the throughput issue in a big way myself. I’ve ended up going with the Thermal cryo-stabilised fluxducts to carry the power away and distribute it across multiple Resonant energy cells simultaneously.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack? Because there's almost certainly an option that will let you tell the difference between "some liquid" and "empty"... Heck, I think buildcraft gates interact with the Deep Resonance tanks that much.

All you'd need is some way of detecting that you have RCL in the system and then not adding more Resonating Ore until the process is completed or far enough along that you won't risk mixing two batches. The valves are really impressive tools for automating the process. Heck, if you're willing to endure a bit of a bottleneck, you could just detect the finished crystal and use that to start the processing of the next crystal (comparator and a hopper for example).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The fact that leads still break for no &(*%)&%#&#^ reason........

Playing SevTech Ages.. Horse powered items need beasts attached with leads... go away to explore and come back to missing horses and leads despawning on me.... FFFFFFuuuuuuu......

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017

Playing SevTech Ages.. Horse powered items need beasts attached with leads... go away to explore and come back to missing horses and leads despawning on me.... FFFFFFuuuuuuu......
Nametags

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

are you sure they aren't killed by random zombies/other hostiles?

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
The lead ingot in general. I think I have used less than a stack of lead in the 5+ years I've been playing.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
The differences between the Bedrock edition and the Java edition. Sometimes afk or auto farms dont carry betwixt the two. Super annoying. Sorry I have been playing windows 10 edition lately for my vanilla needs cause of the performance improvements.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
All good suggestions, but that still doesn't help with the despawning leads....

Pain in the Arse!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Line the inner ring of ground around your Horse Drawn devices with hoppers to a chest.

Would work, I would have to put them 1 block down as I use the "paths" to make the animals move faster.

Also.. thanks everyone for the suggestions, but this is a "what irks" thread not the "ask a simple question" thread!

/sarcasm off, massive winkey face

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Time to bring this thread back from the grave :)

Basically mildly annoyed by how every mod now has its functionality split across half a dozen component mods or more. Makes it so tricky to set up your own pack.

TE, Mekanism, RFTools (ok only 3 there but you get the picture) even Pam's Harvestcraft now has modular bits and pieces not included in the main mod. So confusing...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Basically mildly annoyed by how every mod now has its functionality split across half a dozen component mods or more. Makes it so tricky to set up your own pack.

TE, Mekanism, RFTools (ok only 3 there but you get the picture) even Pam's Harvestcraft now has modular bits and pieces not included in the main mod. So confusing...
on the other hand, it does give pack dev's the ability to exclude certain parts of a mod. So... I guess its a win some lose some situation.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Basically mildly annoyed by how every mod now has its functionality split across half a dozen component mods or more.

If done right, it allows you to pick and choose things you like without having to put up with features that overlaps with other mods you prefer for that instead.

For the same reason I also like mods that take their cue from Quark, where you can disable everything you don't like and the features and items aren't even loaded or registered at all.

What irk me is when a mod splits up in an unhelpful way...

Take project Red for example;
Removing the world module leaves behind gems in other modules that miss an associated ore. The mechanical module contains a power system and powered machines I have no use for, but also block breakers/placers that don't need power and could be used without the former.
In contrast: Removing the Fabrication module leaves no lose ends, as everything in it is needed only for the things inside this module. I wish its other modules where that focused.

Makes it so tricky to set up your own pack.

If I understand you correctly, then I think the main problem is that these associated "modular mods" aren't all assembled in a single download page, but treated by curse as completely separate mods. It would be easier if such strongly linked mods are grouped together, alongside any lib's or core mods they need.

Alternatively, mods could go the route binnies-mods has taken. Just one jar file, but with internal modules that can be disabled in a config. The downside is, you need to download the whole thing even if you only want a small part.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

! month old isn't "back from the grave", That's just a moderate coma :D

Reactions: Pyure