Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I think this isn't bad. In my opinion they should copy more of mods and hire some of the most talented modders.
mmm, but it means that for those that play the modded community will often go "Seen that before, and I liked how it was done before mojang did it"
(even though they do it in consultation of the original modder for all examples of this that I have come across before now)

I guess us mod players are looking for vanilla to add things like a mod, independent of other mods, or adding to mods that we already play, not overwriting content that we already have

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think this isn't bad. In my opinion they should copy more of mods and hire some of the most talented modders.

problem is, modded minecraft has already added so much to vanilla minecraft that it's really hard for Mojang to still add new things that a mod hasn't added before yet

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
When the only documentation to be found on a particular feature is a 30 minute video of everything else, 20 seconds of what you care about, and more "umms" and other "I didn't rehearse or edit this!" moments than you can count.
++++++++++++111111111111111111

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
just remember... that you can't save difficulty per world.
how many times have I not tested on peaceful in a test world, and forgot to change the difficulty when I changed to my adventure world

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The idea that common sense ideas being added to MC is MC coping mods that use common sense ideas.

Colors glass, Hoppers, horse,.... these sure someone made a mod with then but it does not take a leap of logic to see these as common ideas. Now when MC starts making something that copys Mystcraft or Thuamcraft then yes I will say MC is copying mods. Not when they do something like add more colors to a block that already existed to the native game.

Reactions: angelnc

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I also challange people to come up with something that could be added to core vanilla MC that has not been covered by a mod already in some fashion. I think you will find that the list of unused ideas is fairly short at this time.

Better carts? Done
Better Redstone? Done
New realms? Done
New Mobs? Done
Ores? Done
Tools? Done
Mechines? Done
Dective items? Done
silly hats? Done

the list goes on and on. With so many modders perty much all the 'low hangin fruit' of ideas has already been fiarly picked clean. Man there is even a mod that adds tubes to hoppers to make them better. So if MC wants to not 'copy' mods they basicly would have to stop updating MC as perty much everything they do can be linked to some mod somewhere that has been done already.

Reactions: Mero

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
So if MC wants to not 'copy' mods they basicly would have to stop updating MC as perty much everything they do can be linked to some mod somewhere that has been done already.
I for one would be perfectly happy if they finished up whatever it is they're planning with their mod API, sorted out the major remaining bugs (chunks not loading), then just left it alone.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just left it alone.