Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you're batch-producing steel through it (like direwolf), then its very slow. [Its something I've never seen him automate]

Just build more furnaces, its cheap to setup and easy to automate with buildcraft's hoppers+pipes.
Its roughly a one-to-one ratio for the furnaces and coke ovens (production speed), and roughly 1 coal coke= 1 steel.​
Once you have 2 or 3 running constantly- you'll net a lot of steel.​
(Like enough for a few 36HP boilers+engines and some GT machines)​
Your most precious resource [this goes for any machine/mechanic] is time -- don't sit around watching it. Work on thaumcraft research/building your base/anything.

While I agree, that isn't always possible
For instance, on StaffCraft's last world we had blast furnaces and coke ovens in the Nexus (central hub in a Mystcraft void age). I wasn't about to make Blast Furnaces just so I can make an Indus. Blast furnace, so I decided to smelt the exact emount of steel I needed (around 60). Honestly, if I'm waiting for something, I'll just edit the wiki or work on a spreadsheet.

Edit: Another little thing that irks me, when people PM me on TS asking for Tech Support questions or "get me unbanned"/"fix my ID conflicts!"

Reactions: Flipz

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
1.When server's ban pretty much 70% of the items and mods.
2.When people say they hate modded minecraft and think it is stupid when they have never tried it.

1. I refuse to play on any server with banned anything.
2. A few of my friends refuse to play it with me past the 1.2.5 days. I've made them several modpacks to their liking, and they still won't play :/

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It annoys me when people are apologetic with a question post. Just ask your flipping question. Don't apologize for seeking information.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that the number of Steel and Iron plates the Railcraft Rolling machine produces is 3 instead of 4, so I end up having to make 3 Steam Ovens.

Steve's Carts 2 and the jump in terms of materials from Normal to Reinforced to Galgardorian.

How people automatically dismiss Forestry farms.

The fact that we can't drink Fruit Juice (from Forestry) yet.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that the number of Steel and Iron plates the Railcraft Rolling machine produces is 3 instead of 4, so I end up having to make 3 Steam Ovens.

Steve's Carts 2 and the jump in terms of materials from Normal to Reinforced to Galgardorian.
In 1.5 and onwards you get 4 plates :)
And i have to agree on the jump in costs from Normal to Reinforced. The Galgardorian is fine imho. You get "tools" which last forever. That should cost you something (Note: CC Turtles are way too cheap compared to most other mining methods so i refuse to use them most of the times)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone energy conduit outside of your hidden wall chambers, we meet again...
*proceeds to nuke the whole facility*

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
It annoys me when people are apologetic with a question post. Just ask your flipping question. Don't apologize for seeking information.
People do that because they may be new, haven't read the rules fully, and may be scared they are going to be raged at and banned or something. Being a moderator of a popular gaming forum, I see the first a lot. -_-

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
When threads get necrobumped with nothing of value being said (things like "this is cool." on a 4 month old thread).

Redpower isn't in Unleashed... FIX PLZ threads
Xycraft isn't in Unleashed.... FIX PLZ threads

"Can I have your modpack that you just said will never ever ever be public?"

When people refuse instructions, end up getting mad, and then yell at the people they are being helped by for "not helping"

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Winding up restarting all my progress before i manage to get anywhere,

Servers: OLOL MAP RESTART, Also we disabled a bunch of really usefull stuff
SP: I don't really have as much fun in SP, I'm not as skilled as some people so it's hard to work alone, And it's an otherwise lonely experience

That and when updates screw something up in a major way[DOUBLEPOST=1383414684][/DOUBLEPOST]
People do that because they may be new, haven't read the rules fully, and may be scared they are going to be raged at and banned or something. Being a moderator of a popular gaming forum, I see the first a lot. -_-

Eh, Sometimes you just need to ask a question, And sometimes people can be dicks to new people asking simple quesstions

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Servers: OLOL MAP RESTART, Also we disabled a bunch of really usefull stuff
SP: I don't really have as much fun in SP, I'm not as skilled as some people so it's hard to work alone, And it's an otherwise lonely experience

100% agreed
That's why on servers, (usually) I make the pack, and I am one of the people who makes decisions on it, and I cannot stand banned items, so that doesn't really happen on my servers.
And for SP, I only play UHS2, since I play hardcore, like you are supposed to, it doesn't work well on servers.