Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You need to breed Tropical Bees to get Apiarist Suits.

Rain is useless (except for cauldrons, which are also useless).

There are so many butterflies without any mutations, out or in.[DOUBLEPOST=1383057835][/DOUBLEPOST]
in the beginning I actually suggested a mod on the MCF to change the villagers into squidwards with actual squidward appearances and sounds :p

I love the villager sounds. Call me insane.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Ars 2 meteors destroying my lawn and pathways.

Ars 2 mobs spawning all over the Twilight Forest. So much so that I rarely come across wolves or giant spiders like before the mod was present. They also spawn in droves above ground where vanilla & TF mobs normally do not. Ars 2 in general irks me, but i digress.

Also puddles.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
How TiC makes you create alumite tools that you immediately throw out after 10 minutes.

When people complain about Dartcraft in 1.5 after 1.6 has been out for months.

The idea that "if you don't use [insert mod/mode here] you should just play creative".

When my favorite BoP biomes spawn right next to super ugly ones.

When you spawn in a taint biome.

IC2 explosions.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How TiC makes you create alumite tools that you immediately throw out after 10 minutes.

Yeah I can agree with that.

To be honest with TiC I usely just got with steal Its mining level 4 so it mines everything Manyullyn really is not all that needed for anything. And in many packs you can get to steel without to much work.

This falls into my pet pevee about "best" ways to do things. What do you need manyullyn for?

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I've posted here. I just couldn't resist the urge to complain.

This one's more for those of us who design custom modpacks.

1.) Item IDs. I have a massive list of every used/available ID from my old 1.5.2 pack. I decided to re-use this list and, my 1.5.2 configs only to realize that certain developers got it in their head to not only migrate their configs into a folder BUT, to split them up into several files. Those that did not, changed the naming of every single item (I'm looking at you Thaumic Tinkerer). It's manageable when you have a Direwolf sized allotment of mods but, I'm dealing with upwards of one hundred and fifty mods here. The prospect of spending several days remapping IDs does not appeal to me.

2.) Developers who use ID 4095/31743. If any of you end up reading this, STOP IT. If your mentality is that: "No one's going to pick the last available id te hehe", knock it off. Everyone thinks this. Those two IDs have to be the single most re-mapped ids. If your range is 21015-21030 why in hell did you add one id at 31743?

3.) Not listing your Biome Ids/Entity Ids/Enchantment Ids. Why? If I'm lucky, a mod will have an open source uncompiled version where these can be easily identified.

4.) When one third of the mods you spent the last year learning, teaching other people how to use and, ultimately getting used to drop off the face of the planet. Creating an ecosystem of mods that support one another is one of the most important aspects behind creating a modpack. I can't name one update where this wasn't disrupted by someone refusing to accept help when their free time diminishes. I don't care how you're looking at it, when you screw over thirty thousand people for the sake of yourself, you are being a dick.

5.) People who consider instant teleportation mechanics overpowered. In SMP, they are a necessity, which brings me to six.

6.) Minecraft's abysmal chunk generating code. This is worsened by the sheer number of ores. structures and, other crap being generated as a player moves. Often all it takes to lag a multiplayer server is a single person exploring.

7.) The often bi-polar, schizophrenic method of saving utilized by multiplayer servers. Without looking through the code, I have no idea how multiplayer servers save chunks/player data. It wasn't uncommon for me to lose items I'd picked up twenty minutes ago, while keeping items I'd picked up less then five minutes ago. The same goes for placing blocks. Having the server perform a save when it detects a crash does not help.

Reactions: draeath

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the mod Ecosystem thing is a bit of a sore spot of me.

On one hand I love the devs and mods work togther or become interdependent. But on the other hand it means it only takes one guy to go off the deep end to throw everyone else out of sync. This exstends to modpacks other all often a big update will basicly require a reset of your map becuase of a mod dropping or being delayed.

Don't get me wrong I love the whole mess. But yeah it can be irksum when you have to blow away months of work becuse a map has to be reset beucase updating is going to break it otherwise.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I actually spent most of my previous world using an alumite pick, simply because I thought it looked cool, and I needed Cobalt for my tunneling hammer.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to add Achievement Ids to my list of "hidden" ids. I just encountered my first achievement id conflict between Mystcraft and Simple Ores. Thankfully the Simple Ores developer planned ahead and, included his achievement ids. The Mystcraft developer didn't feel it was necessary, as a result I would have been forced to abandon Mystcraft. If I ever wonder why I left this community several months ago...

Reactions: ApSciLiara