Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Endermen are far far worse than creepers. (and ghasts, and withers)
Why?​

Because creeper explosions are player dependent (they explode on player proximity) and are fully preventable.
Endermen will continuously pick apart a world regardless of player interaction. Also they can teleport inside your base/over defences/into mob proof areas and cause problems there- making it almost impossible to prevent without certain mod items.

Lucking the wonderful @FyberOptic has a little mod called Endermanage.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Magnum Torches, many many magnum torches is how I dealt with Enderman pockmarking I have easily the entire spawn area (the 128 blocks from character) covered for wherever I am in my base.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The worst part of Enderman stealing blocks from your base is the fact that they don't drop those blocks when you kill them. Just *poof* gone. Oh well, it was just grass... This time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The worst part of Enderman stealing blocks from your base is the fact that they don't drop those blocks when you kill them. Just *poof* gone. Oh well, it was just grass... This time.
In 1.9 they drop the blocks they picked up
I believe its a modthing to prevent exploits. People used to wait until they picked up containers of valuebles, safarinet'ed and exact spawned them.

Reactions: erindalc and Pyure

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
I believe its a modthing to prevent exploits. People used to wait until they picked up containers of valuebles, safarinet'ed and exact spawned them
I thought they couldn't (by default) pick up tile entities and 'high value' blocks?
(I think this was something that got tweaked in shortly after endermen were implemented- just limited to variants of dirt/stone/wood)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I had to look at the wiki. I thought endermen could just pick up dirt/grass/sand. But it's ...

Allium, Azure Bluet, Blue Orchid, Dandelion, Orange Tulip, Red Tulip, Pink Tulip, White Tulip, Oxeye Daisy, Poppy, Cactus, Clay, Coarse Dirt, Dirt, Grass Block, Gravel, Melon (block), Pumpkin, Mycelium, Podzol, Red Mushroom, Brown Mushroom, Red Sand.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its a modthing to prevent exploits. People used to wait until they picked up containers of valuebles, safarinet'ed and exact spawned them.
I had to look at the wiki. I thought endermen could just pick up dirt/grass/sand. But it's ...

Allium, Azure Bluet, Blue Orchid, Dandelion, Orange Tulip, Red Tulip, Pink Tulip, White Tulip, Oxeye Daisy, Poppy, Cactus, Clay, Coarse Dirt, Dirt, Grass Block, Gravel, Melon (block), Pumpkin, Mycelium, Podzol, Red Mushroom, Brown Mushroom, Red Sand.
So basically Endermen can't pick up anything valuable.

If you think Mycelium or Podzol's valuable, if you see an Enderman carrying one of those chances are you live right next to some anyways.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
The only one that might be of value is the clay- though it'll be rather desperate (and inefficient) to go the spawn exact route.
Though almost every mod that uses a lot of it either provides a source, or an alternative.​

Mycel/Podzol/Grass- one or two might be useful (manual kills), but silk touch is very easy to get in your typical pack (fairly easy the rest of the time), and what the bloody hell are you doing to NEED that much grass to warrant an exact spawner??

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
The only one that might be of value is the clay- though it'll be rather desperate (and inefficient) to go the spawn exact route.
Though almost every mod that uses a lot of it either provides a source, or an alternative.​

Mycel/Podzol/Grass- one or two might be useful (manual kills), but silk touch is very easy to get in your typical pack (fairly easy the rest of the time), and what the bloody hell are you doing to NEED that much grass to warrant an exact spawner??

Uhhh, building?

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, building?
Depending on the pack though you have a lot of other better options. Botania has a magic seed that turns dirt in to not only podzol but mycelium among other things.

Pending you don't have Natura or BoP polluting your dirt tables MFRs sludge boiler can be a passive generator of clay, soulsand, podzol and mycelium.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the pack though you have a lot of other better options. Botania has a magic seed that turns dirt in to not only podzol but mycelium among other things.

Pending you don't have Natura or BoP polluting your dirt tables MFRs sludge boiler can be a passive generator of clay, soulsand, podzol and mycelium.

It also depends on how big the project is. I don't know of any mods that can produce massive amounts of grass in a short time frame.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It also depends on how big the project is. I don't know of any mods that can produce massive amounts of grass in a short time frame.
Botania can do it quickly. Just shear long grass and drop it in a mana pool and make a lot of pasture seeds. Place your dirt where you want grass and apply pasture seed.

Also the ExtraUtilities watering can also grow grass pretty quickly.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Fast leaf decay isn't a Vanilla config option.

Edit: Might as well toss in the Infinity enchantment needing an arrow in inventory without a mod to underp it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Changing dimensions occasionally kicks out other players on my server. God damn it, is it so much to ask that swapping locations not be stupid? Wait, forgot what group of...engineers I'm talkin about here. Damn you, Mojang.