Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Changing dimensions occasionally kicks out other players on my server. God damn it, is it so much to ask that swapping locations not be stupid? Wait, forgot what group of...engineers I'm talkin about here. Damn you, Mojang.
It's really more that going into a dimension for the first time means you need to generate that dimensions from scratch. If people get kicked when you go somewhere for the first time, that's why, and I don't think it's something you can really work around.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It's really more that going into a dimension for the first time means you need to generate that dimensions from scratch. If people get kicked when you go somewhere for the first time, that's why, and I don't think it's something you can really work around.
Oh no, its not first-time loading, its going into dimensions I've long since either settled or at least explored, like the Last Millennium, where I've got a massive base made up.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Using Botania's horn of the wild too close to your underground (and out of sight) essence berries. All gone. :(

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Having a full inventory of building blocks and using the Ender Swap thing from EnderTech only to realize you don't have enough inventory space to pickup the replaced blocks.

The fact that there is no "fill wherever needed" option in Thermal Dynamics servos.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Having a full inventory of building blocks and using the Ender Swap thing from EnderTech only to realize you don't have enough inventory space to pickup the replaced blocks.

The fact that there is no "fill wherever needed" option in Thermal Dynamics servos.
You can specify a number of items to keep stocked in a Filter's interface. Is that at least close to what you're looking for?

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
You can specify a number of items to keep stocked in a Filter's interface. Is that at least close to what you're looking for?
Not exactly. I have an input chest with 2 servos on it that feeds into a huge group of pulverizers. There's no clear "insert when machine input is empty" item movement type.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Just brute force it and set the output servo to always extract- insert when empty happens automatically as it won't pull items until theres a destination.
That's what I have the servos doing. Redstone control disabled, and both of them are currently set to round robin, which goes too slow. I just want it to prioritize filling empty inputs than refilling existing slots.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I have the servos doing. Redstone control disabled, and both of them are currently set to round robin, which goes too slow. I just want it to prioritize filling empty inputs than refilling existing slots.

I've a similar problem with my ore processing setup, since I'm running 16 extractors at one-tick operational speed. The only thing I've found that works even remotely like what you want is a combination of warp itemducts and resonant retrievers on the input side and warp itemducts + resonant servos on the output side. Even then, with large amounts of ore, it can bottleneck a little.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Probably because of some mod (FTBUtils?) my inventory screens jumps horisontally when I get or lose (last) status effects.
I can't imagine the thought process of whoever has decided that this behaviour is OK under any circumstances.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Once in a great while, my inventory completely freaks out. For example, I was in the process of turbocharging my ChC pylons when my crystalline stone column blocks started getting replaced by pylon blocks and energy focal points and shit. This was all visual, of course, but I had to re-log because I couldn't do a damn thing while MC was busy having a god damned seizure or something.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The postcode for my works address- when entered into any satnav/maps app- will drop you literally outside the front gate. This is on the main road through the industrial estate.
To the point where drivers/couriers regularly turn up at our address with goods destined for other people/business in the area.
(Sometimes they just pull into the yard and start unloading stuff)​

Yet when I order MY stuff to my works address, they get hopelessly lost and can't find the place.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The postcode for my works address- when entered into any satnav/maps app- will drop you literally outside the front gate. This is on the main road through the industrial estate.
To the point where drivers/couriers regularly turn up at our address with goods destined for other people/business in the area.
(Sometimes they just pull into the yard and start unloading stuff)​

Yet when I order MY stuff to my works address, they get hopelessly lost and can't find the place.
I didn't know you could order stuff in MC ;)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Rise up precious thread~

I thought I had seen everything;
I thought I have seen the most ridiculous numbers;
I though RF couldn't get worse with insanely huge numbers...
Well, turns out I was wrong.
a3b67bcbab3b4628a182ee3d2a93f1c7.png

WHAT THE....
That was about my first reaction.
And then: "You can't even use that power! Wait. You can't even MOVE that much power."
Okay, maybe you can actually move that much. I have no idea how, and I know for sure that in my current pack it's clearly impossible.
But the true question is, Is it (realistically) craftable?
Well, I guess there's probably multiple recipes possible for it, but if you take the mekanism one (that's the one I have), it seems that, among other things, it require only 566 billions ultimate universal cable...

The mod is Water Power. I haven't seen it in any packs - but I don't play many packs so that's not very useful - but from what I can see, well, it's pretty weird. I think I don't have the right mods installed with it, it's likely supposed to be played with Gregtech, but some tiers seems missing, a lot of recipes are missing, a few things are clearly either broken, either cheaty, some recipes make no sense whatsoever, (Iridium Iron made out of Vanadium?) and some stuff is just plain weird.
Awesome combo: Using pressure pipes makes the water requirement a joke.

So yeah, it's a fun mod. I like the way recipes are made, but, and it's not only true for this mod, I can't stand the need to have bigger and bigger numbers. Those numbers are just hard to read, there's nothing useful that needs so much power, and you could have gotten the same result with smaller numbers.
Anyone else miss that time where a three digit numbers was a huge amount of power, and a four digit one was considered insane?
Look at where we are now...

I can't help but agree that the power creep in RF has jumped the shark. Hell, even a Big Reactors Turbine spitting out 27kRF/t is pretty insane (that's infinite ore generation with a MFR Laser Drill, plus 7kRF/t to process it). Other than using 20kRF/t on a Laser Drill or an absolute beast of an ME system, what do people use 20k+RF/t on, anyway?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Well, this is what happens when you have a power system which everyone can use that has no guidelines and where everyone that makes use of it wants their work to be seen and used by others. Power creep is unavoidable.

This is where I point towards Inductive automation for everyone that is like me, sick and tired of rf. It is in terms of features a complete modpack having pretty nice transport system, the best farms ever, storage solutions and you can even teleport power into your inventory together with some nice gadgets that work inside your inventory and the list goes on and on.

Reactions: Plasmaboo

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Only 41 million RF/t? Poor Plasmaboo, you have no idea what you can do with Mekanism 9's steam turbines. Give it enough steam, and I can nearly triple that amount. As for moving it: cryo-stabilized fluxducts or ElectriCraft. Using that much power, however, is another matter altogether. Not impossible, if you go crazy, though.

Reactions: RedBoss

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Rise up precious thread~

I thought I had seen everything;
I thought I have seen the most ridiculous numbers;
I though RF couldn't get worse with insanely huge numbers...
Well, turns out I was wrong.
a3b67bcbab3b4628a182ee3d2a93f1c7.png

WHAT THE....
That was about my first reaction.
And then: "You can't even use that power! Wait. You can't even MOVE that much power."
Okay, maybe you can actually move that much. I have no idea how, and I know for sure that in my current pack it's clearly impossible.
But the true question is, Is it (realistically) craftable?
Well, I guess there's probably multiple recipes possible for it, but if you take the mekanism one (that's the one I have), it seems that, among other things, it require only 566 billions ultimate universal cable...

The mod is Water Power. I haven't seen it in any packs - but I don't play many packs so that's not very useful - but from what I can see, well, it's pretty weird. I think I don't have the right mods installed with it, it's likely supposed to be played with Gregtech, but some tiers seems missing, a lot of recipes are missing, a few things are clearly either broken, either cheaty, some recipes make no sense whatsoever, (Iridium Iron made out of Vanadium?) and some stuff is just plain weird.
Awesome combo: Using pressure pipes makes the water requirement a joke.

So yeah, it's a fun mod. I like the way recipes are made, but, and it's not only true for this mod, I can't stand the need to have bigger and bigger numbers. Those numbers are just hard to read, there's nothing useful that needs so much power, and you could have gotten the same result with smaller numbers.
Anyone else miss that time where a three digit numbers was a huge amount of power, and a four digit one was considered insane?
Look at where we are now...
All I know is... if you've got Thermal Expansion, either tesseracts or the cryo-stabilized fluxducts should be able to handle it. Infinite capacity FTW! At least up to Integer.MAX_VALUE... which your turbine exceeds by a factor of 20. Hm.

Yep, no way to transport that, unless TE suddenly decides to use longs or bignums for RF values instead of ints. Which I kinda doubt.

Only 41 million RF/t? Poor Plasmaboo, you have no idea what you can do with Mekanism 9's steam turbines. Give it enough steam, and I can nearly triple that amount. As for moving it: cryo-stabilized fluxducts or ElectriCraft. Using that much power, however, is another matter altogether. Not impossible, if you go crazy, though.
Check the screenshot again and count the digits. You're off by three orders of magnitude.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Rain

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Check the screenshot again and count the digits. You're off by three orders of magnitude.
So I am! Still, really wish they'd have gone with longs for RF, if only to see people scramble to fill that completely. Though, how does that amount of power work? Is it sent in multiple packets?