Thermal Expansion Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
ooo, tiered strongboxes... will those basically replace iron chests? what are the differences/similarities?

IronChests are bigger, always will be.

Strongboxes, however, are portable - they retain their inventory on a Dismantle (sneak + wrench). They are also very hard to destroy, and very secure. :)

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019

Strongboxes, however, are portable - they retain their inventory on a Dismantle (sneak + wrench). They are also very hard to destroy, and very secure. :)

sounds good :) what sizes are they? Is it just size that increases with tier or are there other mechanics also?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019

Does that mean that each tier is just harder to destroy than the previous and they're all the same size, or does it mean that they do get bigger on upper tiers but are still smaller than IronChests?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Does that mean that each tier is just harder to destroy than the previous and they're all the same size, or does it mean that they do get bigger on upper tiers but are still smaller than IronChests?

18/36/54/72 slots. Creative is a special case - it really only has 1 slot.

Each tier is harder to destroy than the last, but even the first one is not "soft."

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
...Ummm. Am I correct in the assumption that the garishly purple variants are the final tier?

If so, can I very respectfully ask for a recolor? Else I suppose I'll have to make do with the penultimate tiers... 'cause that color isn't getting anywhere near my base, not with ten horses dragging it ;)

Looking forward to the new CoFH Core features by the way, keep up the good work!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
...oh! So that halfmoon shape is a C for Creative. Okay, that makes sense. I can live with garish shades of purple for creative-only items :)

Reactions: un worry

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I never thought I would say this, but between dartcrafts chests and now TE's chests, ironchests actually has competition o_O

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Drool, drool, drool, droooooooool. Hey, says that's not a proper english sentence...ptooey! Hey, says that's not even a word! Stupid interwebz!

MrJeff

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm.. Liquid storage, Power Storage, and Item Storage... Is it wrong to hope for a Transportation Trifecta as well? (Liquiducts, Conduits and Item "Tubes"? :) )

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019

With the new boxes then: Can you store a strongbox in another strongbox that is in a strongbox?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

Very nice. Really looking forward to the update of TE.

Be interesting to see how that remote pressure pad works. Somehow it links to any block without any "wire" between.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
...Ummm. Am I correct in the assumption that the garishly purple variants are the final tier?

If so, can I very respectfully ask for a recolor? Else I suppose I'll have to make do with the penultimate tiers... 'cause that color isn't getting anywhere near my base, not with ten horses dragging it ;)

Looking forward to the new CoFH Core features by the way, keep up the good work!

Thats the creative chest. And what's wrong with purple :(

Reactions: Flipz

Nikola T.

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, this is for Lemming. I assume(from screenshots) that you have a dev build. I'm not saying put it public beta(if you want too;)) , but people want to see progress, not words. So maybe, stream or youtube development, or maybe put it on forge craft.

these are just suggestions, not demands. Great Mod:)

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, this is for Lemming. I assume(from screenshots) that you have a dev build. I'm not saying put it public beta(if you want too;)) , but people want to see progress, not words. So maybe, stream or youtube development, or maybe put it on forge craft.

these are just suggestions, not demands. Great Mod:)

I saw this the first time. Your assumption is wrong. I also don't really care about what people do or don't want to see, I just post things and if people like 'em, great. Streaming or YouTubing development would slow the entire process down to the point where TE would never release, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.