Thermal Expansion Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a ability to upgrade my stuff like turn a mid tier redstone cell into a higher tier one and the same with the strongboxes?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this the first time. Your assumption is wrong. I also don't really care about what people do or don't want to see, I just post things and if people like 'em, great. Streaming or YouTubing development would slow the entire process down to the point where TE would never release, ever.

Makes perfect sense to me. An occasional showing of awesome pictures every now and again like this is awesome, though. Gives us all something to look forward to. ^.^

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Which post in here fully describes how redflux will work?

Do you have anyone on board for your new power system, or will this be blutricity 2 electric boogaloo?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Which post in here fully describes how redflux will work?

Do you have anyone on board for your new power system, or will this be blutricity 2 electric boogaloo?

I've not yet seen anything on how Redstone Flux will work. I'm pretty sure it will be a lot more useful that Blutricity was. Blutricity's problem is that it wasn't on par with EU or MJ. It's devices used far less power than the others and it's power gen made far less than the others. Good internally but bad in a mixed environment. Especially as there was really no good interplay. You could convert BT to MJ, but not back.

Based on the fact that King has added several engines in TE2, along with the wonderful conduits and RECs, I think he knows full well how to make a useful and efficient power system. I'm pretty sure, despite not knowing much about it yet, that it'll be my primary power system when TE3 comes out.

Reactions: Omicron

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Wait please don't tell me that there's gonna be another power... wah I liked portable MJ...

MJ seems to have lost it's way in an attempt to improve. If you are like me, then all you used it for was Mekanism, MFR and Thermal Expansion machines... and now MJ won't support any of those. Hopefully RSF will though, and it can be the new king of the block.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
MJ seems to have lost it's way in an attempt to improve. If you are like me, then all you used it for was Mekanism, MFR and Thermal Expansion machines... and now MJ won't support any of those. Hopefully RSF will though, and it can be the new king of the block.

I don't think that it's "lost it's way" so much as that it's blazing it's own trail. We may not like it's current path, but that's the path that BC is choosing to take. Many used MJ in the past for convenience as it was already there, already built, and was configurable enough to suit almost everyone. With the MJ changes taking away options that were previously used by other mods, RF seems well placed to become what MJ was. A good, stable, efficient power system that won't enforce one mod's operating paradigm upon another's.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

you're forgetting Extra Bees machines, they heavily depend on MJ...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's fine with me. I don't mind having an adapter type block next to the few MJ machines that exist.

It might just be this community, but the change in MJ doesn't seem very popular. I know for myself I was never keen on it (back in the old tekkit days), it wasn't until TE that I decided to see what MJ and associated tech offers.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Not something I've ever gotten into. Luckily, as KL previously stated, RSF will probably be able to be converted into MJ, just not the other way around.

really worth getting into though, as it makes the bee breeding a whole lot easier and manageable

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It just kinda sucks because the list of mods with MJ but no real buffer block to store energy in is unreal.
-Mekanism
-Forestry
-Extra Bees
-Buildcraft
-Applied Energistics
-Railcraft
-MFR
-MFFS

Really think a "blast to the past" MJ energy cell should be added.. Just my opinion.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Because I hate Mekanism :p haha. Never been a fan of the mod but if I have to use it..

You also have PowerBoxes, EnderIO and possibly others than can store MJ in blocks. The EnderIO one is even multiblock and can store\input\output more than RECs. I just used Mekanism because it was on your list :p

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO has really stepped up to the plate and filled in for TE while TE is updated. The Ender IO capacitors are almost a direct replacement for RECs. I also like the SAG Mill.

In 1.6.4 so far, I don't think I could get by without MJ. I love my bees and my ExtraBees machines and those machines are power-hungry. A few synthesizers and purifiers will make a grown 36HP boiler cry.

Am really looking forward to TE for 1.6 and am sure KL and CoFH will impress us all :)

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Make an energy cube with Mekanism. Charge it up. Break it. Place it back down. Then tell me you hate it (It's still got it's energy! No wrench even needed!) Heck, I JUST started using it this last weekend and now I'm converted over to it. :)

Reactions: RedBoss
Status
Not open for further replies.