Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Plem

Jul 29, 2019
Charge rate is limited by what the tool limits it to.
Can i charge TiC's tools faster than 75 RF/t?
I did upgrades from Leadstone Flux Capacitor as well as from Hardened one, and there was 400k RF capacity and 75 RF/t in both cases.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Can i charge TiC's tools faster than 75 RF/t?
I did upgrades from Leadstone Flux Capacitor as well as from Hardened one, and there was 400k RF capacity and 75 RF/t in both cases.

That's entirely up to them. I think they're in the process of a rebalance. In general their tools use too little RF and also charge very slowly.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is discussed elsewhere but would it be possible to make the Strongboxes able to use shift-click like regular chests to move entire inventories over? Also can you make it compatible with Inventory Tweaks, and its sort buttons? That'd make them perfect.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is discussed elsewhere but would it be possible to make the Strongboxes able to use shift-click like regular chests to move entire inventories over? Also can you make it compatible with Inventory Tweaks, and its sort buttons? That'd make them perfect.
Just to clarify, you mean Shift + Space + Right click?
Because if it was just on shift click that would be very irritating, whilst the normal vanilla chests use space in there for mass item moving

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Its already compatible.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
So you are going to use a pair of tesseracts to move something three blocks when you've got an already established itemduct route?

Im not, because I have yet to come across a situation where the 9 black/white list wasnt enough :D But you where asking for channels on item ducts, wich is basicly just tesseracts!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The ore dict/nbt/meta data options definitely help to reduce filter clutter. I still plan on using logistics pipes for a few heavy duty applications where I may need several item sink modules in one chassis. I am enjoying the item ducts though and I have completed a build using them the other day that I reckon I would have struggled to complete adequately without them before (thanks to the metadata stuff, makes factorization automation much easier).

Edit: @PhilHibbs
Due to an error on my part I quoted you as saying something that I said. I even accused you of spelling "definitely" wrong, for that I am deeply sorry.

Fixed it now though:)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Um, yeah I meant whatever mechanics the vanilla chests use to move the whole inventory - it didn't seem to work when I tried it on the Strongbox. And the sorting icons from inventory tweaks weren't there. I'm using build 8. Is the fix in a more recent build?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Um, yeah I meant whatever mechanics the vanilla chests use to move the whole inventory - it didn't seem to work when I tried it on the Strongbox. And the sorting icons from inventory tweaks weren't there. I'm using build 8. Is the fix in a more recent build?

Build 11b has it.

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
Feature request, could you make it possible for the creative energy cell to receive RF? It would make it easier to test the limits of a power setup if you could use it as an infinite energy sink.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Feature request, could you make it possible for the creative energy cell to receive RF? It would make it easier to test the limits of a power setup if you could use it as an infinite energy sink.
Just put in an empty resonant energy cell won't work? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
Just put in an empty resonant energy cell won't work? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm doing now, but I keep having to break them and add new ones :>(. Trying to see just how far I could take my jungle tree farm. So far I have ~5000 RF/t working halfway, but I need to reconfigure my sawmills (I think the sawdust is chocking the item ducts, but if that's the problem I'm not sure why it isn't 100% deadlocking them). With all the different parts it takes a while for the system to stabilize, and if the energy cells fill up, things start back stuffing and hiding the bottlenecks.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I'm doing now, but I keep having to break them and add new ones :>(. Trying to see just how far I could take my jungle tree farm. So far I have ~5000 RF/t working halfway, but I need to reconfigure my sawmills (I think the sawdust is chocking the item ducts, but if that's the problem I'm not sure why it isn't 100% deadlocking them). With all the different parts it takes a while for the system to stabilize, and if the energy cells fill up, things start back stuffing and hiding the bottlenecks.
Why are you using just one resonant cell? If you're testing a setup creatively, why not 64? ;)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Or if you have EnderIO a capacitor bank mountain for testing in creative is a great energy sink.

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you using just one resonant cell? If you're testing a setup creatively, why not 64? ;)

I was using 5, but what I'll probably do when I get back to it is have a mining turtle dig it up when full, then reconfigure it using open peripherals (I think that may work, don't have time to test now. I know digging it with a mining turtle will blank the storage, but it also sets the input/output levels to 0).

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
So, anyone happen to have some good suggestions on how to protect farm animals from Blizzs?

I'm living in a snow biome and it looks like I have to completely seal up any cattle I have since Blizzs seem to love to commit genocide on them if there's even the slightest access.