Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I had an idea... coloring input/outputs for itemducts.

In effect, you have to have already put in a servo and it has to be glowstone enhanced (higher entry costs), however either a) you click the input/output duct, b) have a slot in the GUI for the dye, or c) some sort of wrenching mechanic (possibly using different tool) to cycle through colors... then you have some sorting functionality.

Basically, anything that enters the duct network via a colored tube will look for the nearest output tube of that color, otherwise it will look for the nearest uncolored output tube. It will never put an item that came in via a colored duct into a differently colored duct.

Maybe have some other cost involved before being able to implement this? I dunno, it just seems to me like this is the last thing ducts are missing.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.

In effect, you have to have already put in a servo and it has to be glowstone enhanced (higher entry costs), however either a) you click the input/output duct, b) have a slot in the GUI for the dye, or c) some sort of wrenching mechanic (possibly using different tool) to cycle through colors... then you have some sorting functionality.

Basically, anything that enters the duct network via a colored tube will look for the nearest output tube of that color, otherwise it will look for the nearest uncolored output tube. It will never put an item that came in via a colored duct into a differently colored duct.

Maybe have some other cost involved before being able to implement this? I dunno, it just seems to me like this is the last thing ducts are missing.

Would love to see this also, seriously this is the only thing that is missing, would be also useful for fluiducts and maybe energy conduits for some specific purpose but can't find any at the moment for this last one...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Huh? You can do the functionality of this already with filtering.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
well if the filter is set to whitelist.. and a specific item only has one destination.. voila routing. Or if a specific item is blacklisted from all but one destination.
Sometimes you want to filter more than nine items to an inventory, or you just want to do something like 'everything from my ore refining plant, no matter what it is, goes to this chest'.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Though instead of color coding since that's been done before; why not follow with the tradition of the mod and have routing numbers tied to ducts. It'd be basically just adding in the tesseract GUI with a different look(Possibly a small version + click button for full). Then just have the options of entry/exit instead of send/receive.

Of course that'd have to be with servos and/or something else.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Though instead of color coding since that's been done before; why not follow with the tradition of the mod and have routing numbers tied to ducts. It'd be basically just adding in the tesseract GUI with a different look(Possibly a small version + click button for full). Then just have the options of entry/exit instead of send/receive.

Of course that'd have to be with servos and/or something else.
Maybe an Endurium Servo to give you channels that it will prefer to go to?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You have at least 4 sides of filtration per duct. Thats 36 item filtration slots. MC has 16 colors... how does color add more filtration options?
Because unless Euclid decided to take a vacation, you can only have one side of a duct up against any given inventory? Well, unless Thaumcraft 4 and Thaumic Tinkerer is involved, I suppose. Compact builds rarely have the free side slots to utilize multiple side drawing.

Also, the comment you quoted was in reference to something similar to a Tesseract-esque channel number system. So input side a is channel 1, and will look for an output attached to the ductwork also on channel 1. If it doesn't find one, it'll go to an un-numbered output. So really, you're looking at a cap of (INT) (since it would be fairly absurd to use LONGINT for this purpose) channels total. Hence the suggestion for Enderium being required for the upgrade.

GoranAlkovic

Jul 29, 2019
Are upgrades for the Machines on the to-do list? I would really like to see that.
I'm loving the new changes, like the Forge Multipart support.
TE is even more awesome than it was before! I'm glad that I can use it.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Are upgrades for the Machines on the to-do list? I would really like to see that.
I'm loving the new changes, like the Forge Multipart support.
TE is even more awesome than it was before! I'm glad that I can use it.
Yes upgrades are on the to-do will be in 3.1 according to KingLemming.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Because unless Euclid decided to take a vacation, you can only have one side of a duct up against any given inventory? Well, unless Thaumcraft 4 and Thaumic Tinkerer is involved, I suppose. Compact builds rarely have the free side slots to utilize multiple side drawing.

Also, the comment you quoted was in reference to something similar to a Tesseract-esque channel number system. So input side a is channel 1, and will look for an output attached to the ductwork also on channel 1. If it doesn't find one, it'll go to an un-numbered output. So really, you're looking at a cap of (INT) (since it would be fairly absurd to use LONGINT for this purpose) channels total. Hence the suggestion for Enderium being required for the upgrade.

Tesseract? As in, use an actual tesseract? You can even attach 6 duckts to 1 tesseract. Thats 54 different items!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So you are going to use a pair of tesseracts to move something three blocks when you've got an already established itemduct route?
You could have multiple conduits going into a temporary chest, each conduit programmed to whitelist some items for it, and then another conduit to dump anything in that chest into the actual chest you want to fill. Effectively the intermediate chest takes the place of the tesseracts in that solution.