The Update to 1.8

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
In my opinion... update more popularity to 1.8 mods... I mean you WANT a "poop mod" to be the new popular mod? :3 na stay in 1.7 no point wasting all that time besides there are people who want to play mods in 1.7 and stay there... forever

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Shenanigans ?? the important bit needs highlighting I have no other info right now, but it was not sent from us.

JusticeOF666

Jul 29, 2019
Until 1.8 I recommend Fastcraft by player + admin commands by ProfMobius . This combo has allowed me to play lag free on my server with friends on 1.7.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is an oddly coded beast. I can run new high end games at good fps in hd, but this blocky game constantly brings my system to it's knees.

/irony
Sir, your machine's a toaster now. Only you don't know it yet.
/irony
I'm so sorry... Someone made that (throwaway) remark in some thread, and somehow that line really got under my skin and has upset me badly.

But, I know what you mean because that's been my refrain lately too.

Does anyone from the mojang team ever visit these forums at all? Don't they ever see the poor performance rants on reddit in the FTB subreddits?
although, even vanilla MC 1.8 is atrociously bad on my machine tbh! IIRC, before the oculus aquisition by facebook, carmack and notch would cozy up on twitter a lot... And someone broke into that conversation and told notch bluntly to his face that millions of machines around the world swear at him DAILY, EVERY frikkin night, because of his bad coding chops with minecraf from the start! Carmack had to defend notch that it's probably not notch, but java that's the culprit, and people should be happy notch chose java because there wouldn't be mods if it was C++ instead. Oooh... And yet, here we are today, 6 or so months later, with things worse than before... :(

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Please, sir... May I have some more?

-Oliver! (1968) Musical version of Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist" (That's not Dikkens, or the one spelled with 4 "n"s and a silent "q")

[Edit] For those who don't get the Dickens references (audio only):

Last edited: