Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when the first version of the ultimate pack will be released?

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when the first version of the ultimate pack will be released?

Probably not too long after RedPower gets updated... I suspect they will ship it out when all the major mods (and mods affecting world gen) are updated to 1.4.5 or whichever version it might be at such a time.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as far as I see, EE, xyCraft and RP are the one that are still missing, so we should be able to see the pack come in the near future.

Well, "near future" was said to be mere weeks after the launcher's launch, but it seems that the mods took more time than anticipated.

I would like it to be released before new year though, but the winter season is full of family stuff, and that should take the modders away for a bit.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as far as I see, EE, xyCraft and RP are the one that are still missing, so we should be able to see the pack come in the near future.

Well, "near future" was said to be mere weeks after the launcher's launch, but it seems that the mods took more time than anticipated.

I would like it to be released before new year though, but the winter season is full of family stuff, and that should take the modders away for a bit.

EE3 is "released" of course its not the full version but its as good as its gonna get for a while. Xycraft worldgen has also been released. So I guess they are waiting on RP2 but there are some small mods that haven't been updated like additional pipes, computercraft sensors and additional buildcraft objects. At least those are the four I'm waiting on :p

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, it's "Rei's Minimap", not "Rai's Minimap" as in the OP (well, "second post" technically, but whatever). :p

NekoiNemo

Jul 29, 2019
Another vote fo Smart Moving.
Completely compatible with modpack
It's for Forge, require only one API (Which is also fully compatible with current content of modpack) and don't use any block ID.
It's fully configurable on server side and can easy be switched to vanilla mode.

Also, Balkon' Weapon Mod. If he ever update SMP version...

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest the SmoothWater mod, because who like whirpools ? It's a Forge coremod,therefore compatible with FTB mod packs, no ids used and the permission:
Modpacks, rehosting, etc.:
AutoOverride is MIT-licensed, so anyone distributing SmoothWater must include its license file. Simply using the unaltered .jar file will accomplish this.
The fixes to BlockFlowing.java are hereby released to the public domain. Do what you like with them. (Especially if you work for Mojang!)
If you use SmoothWater in a pack that has a README or rehost it anywhere, I would appreciate (but absolutely do not require) a link back to this thread. Thanks!

Reactions: StarLiner

Jakwisp

Jul 29, 2019
Why not create a single player pack? I really like using FTB but wish they had a single player only pack that has millenaire (and others) in it since it works with almost all the mods already in FTB. This would be so we could still use FTB while we travel or like; since it has more up to date stuff then Technic or the Yogbox and I would rather support FTB than the others. Yes I know I can use any of the other packs in single play but stuff like Millenaire gets rid of some of the loneliness. Also the only mod i can for see needing to be removed is BuildCraft since it isn't compatible, and one or two other mods would need a few ID tweeks but not much else.

List of compatible mods, ones that need to be tweeked, and ones not compatible - http://millenaire.org/wiki/Help:Compatibility

Thanks,
Jak

JonReed

Jul 29, 2019
Why not create a single player pack? I really like using FTB but wish they had a single player only pack that has millenaire (and others) in it since it works with almost all the mods already in FTB. This would be so we could still use FTB while we travel or like; since it has more up to date stuff then Technic or the Yogbox and I would rather support FTB than the others. Yes I know I can use any of the other packs in single play but stuff like Millenaire gets rid of some of the loneliness. Also the only mod i can for see needing to be removed is BuildCraft since it isn't compatible, and one or two other mods would need a few ID tweeks but not much else.

List of compatible mods, ones that need to be tweeked, and ones not compatible - http://millenaire.org/wiki/Help:Compatibility

Thanks,
Jak
Buildcraft is compatible with it. Also, it would be pretty neat to see in int the ultra pack, so that way players could war with each other using millenaire citizens.

Jakwisp

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft is compatible with it. Also, it would be pretty neat to see in int the ultra pack, so that way players could war with each other using millenaire citizens.
My bad it is the ExtraBiomes that isn't compatible with it. While I do like your idea about the warring I think that, that would fall to the modder in charge of millenaire to get it to where it can be used on a server cause when I have just flown around and activated a bunch of villages I have had major lag issues, and also I feel that that might compromise his original intent for the mod which was to elevate some of the loneliness in minecraft single-player so I am not sure he would even want to bother with it.

~Jak

JonReed

Jul 29, 2019
My bad it is the ExtraBiomes that isn't compatible with it. While I do like your idea about the warring I think that, that would fall to the modder in charge of millenaire to get it to where it can be used on a server cause when I have just flown around and activated a bunch of villages I have had major lag issues, and also I feel that that might compromise his original intent for the mod which was to elevate some of the loneliness in minecraft single-player so I am not sure he would even want to bother with it.

~Jak
Extrabiomes is compatible too, it just requires you add them to the Village information in one of its many text files. It is currently server compatible, but I can see the issue on smaller servers not being able to handle multiple villages at once. That is why we can disable it serverside.

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
OOOhhhh, Ars Magica just got updated to 1.4.5! It would make a good addition to the magic pack, for sure.

Definately hoping to see this in the magic pack, it's by far the best "traditional" magic mod I've yet played (TC3 isn't traditional, more techy with the devices and all)

Reactions: UberWaffe

GameOver

Jul 29, 2019
What about Thaumcraft 3? i know its in the magic world pack but i really didn't wanna choose between two mod pack's when i create my server Will it be in One whole pack when all the mods and updated to the latest version of minecraft?

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone recommended the new Crafting table 3 mod called Easy Crafting?

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1558714-142145-smp-easy-crafting-automatic-crafting-table-one-click-craft/

This would be great to have, The creator seems happy to give permission. The thread also seems to suggest that people have already been using it alongside FTB with success :)
Its superior to its predecessor as you can configure the "depth" of the recipes, plus its ready for 1.4.5/1.4.2

Having access to this mod again would be so great, makes crafting so much easier/quicker/enjoyable.

Reactions: Jonh_McFee
Status
Not open for further replies.