Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephalostrum

Jul 29, 2019
Simple plugin that allows forestry farms to auto harvest IC2 crops. Immensely useful, turns IC2 farms into something resembling a good idea rather than a chore/annoyance that has to constantly be watched. Support 1.4.2 currently, and is made by mistaqur, the same guy responsible for a lot of NEI plugins around the community.

http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/ic2-crops-plugin-for-forestry/

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Has Nether Ores ever been officially considered? I know it was mentioned in this thread but nothing seemed to come of it.

XxDBOYTYLERxX

Jul 29, 2019
Balkons weapon mod
Web page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-144145forge-balkons-weaponmod-v110-new-cannon-model/
I think this mod should be in Feed the Beast because it adds more weapons and more ways to protect you builds.

AutoSwitch mod
Web page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/753030-145132-thebombzens-mods/
I think this mod should be in the game because now there isn't any trouble between switching items. For instance when you are mining and you hit dirt or gravel you don't have to stop you can continue mining/digging.

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Moderator,
Could you please post what mods have been requested, discussed and added or rejected. There have been multiple posts where the mod is repeatedly re-posted. This is making following the requests very hard to follow.
Many thanks,
Jeza333

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
And what happens when the official ones come out and there can't be a clean replacement of one or more of them? That seems counterproductive to their desire to use standardized IDs for compatibility/world preserving.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
My wishlist includes Factorization in the Magic World pack (as many others have already argued) and for some reason something really simple: the ability to make blocks out of the various other ingots. Because I can't think of any good reason why I shouldn't be allowed to take 9 of my silver, or copper, or tin, or lead, or thaumium, and turn it into a nice coloured cube which I can place in the world. But maybe that's just me.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure which mod adds which block other than Factorization adding a lead block, but Thaumium and Tin are the only two there aren't blocks for... and I'm not entirely sure about the Tin.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I just found out about lead blocks in another thread (I hadn't actually tried myself) but I'm pretty sure I couldn't make a silver block.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Checking the IDs, one block of silver is from Factorization and there's another from GregTech. I don't know what would prevent you from making the Factorization block of silver, but the GregTech one would need the compressor.

It looks like IC2 adds a Tin block, and it's also what adds a Copper block. The Copper Block recipe is not effected by GregTech because Copper in a Compressor already has another recipe.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I would love it, if Denpipes were to be added to the pack, because as it stands, wooden pipes are a large roadblock in making tech-3/tech-4 buildcraft bases, and would greatly appreciate having it added. (as well as making steam from reactors plausible with more than just liquidducts)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Obligatory shameless recommendation that may not even be necessary but I'll say it out loud anyway: Xeno's Reliquary, if even just for the Magic Pack if nothing else.
  • New ranged weapons (pistols) with an interesting "clip" consumable mechanic (I'm not a bow-and-arrow guy, the Mining Laser is in no way magical, and I tend to inflict far too much collateral damage with Thaumcraft wands, so I like these).
  • Magical "Alkahestry" system that allows item transmutation without overpowering/obsoleting the options from EE3/Thaumcraft.
  • Addition of items/tools that are powerful, magical, non-trivial to obtain and have continuing costs to maintain.
  • It's from x3n0ph0b3. He does magical pretty darn good, I'd say.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Snip Brilliance

Just wanted to +1 Balkon's Weaponmod. As I've posted elsewhere, it fits the minecraft "feel" quite well - which is something that is extremely lacking in most mods. Balkon did indeed post that he was interested in FTB but hasn't been contacted, which is sad.

+1'ing again. If FTB is so loved by the community that authors originally not willing to allow their works inclusion are open to it, why not take advantage of that?

Also, Balkon's weapons mod is awesome.

Reactions: mr_vit

Aaron A. Anderson

Jul 29, 2019
the logisticspipe that your reffering to is a ripp off because Krapht was rewriting the mod from scratsch

That's kind of disingenuous. Recommending the fork doesn't in any way denigrate Krapht. A: Krapht made Logistics Pipes open source which makes any fork fairly legitimate. B: The fork is available now (not vaporware) and has been continuously available since 1.2.5. C: The fork has far surpassed the original to the point where it should legitimately be considered on its own merit.

If Redpower had been open source and forked at 1.2.5 and updated as fast as the Logistics Pipes fork, can anyone say they wouldn't use it because they're waiting for the "official, original author" version?

I sure wouldn't. LP is one of those mods I consider essential, and the forked project has a much better history under its belt in staying current than the official vaporware. This isn't anything against Krapht. Just current reality as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.