Request Suggest mods for creation here

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes chromaticacraft those buff medals is 1 thing its adds be aware thoug that it is in early alpha state (if you are playing in 1.6 geostrata is what you want to use)

send from a thing

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
anyone remember the mod NotEnoughKeys from 1.6.4?
I really liked that mod as it really organized all the shortkeys added by all the mods

sadly in 1.7.10 all the shortkeys have become a real pain in the ass...
it'd be nice if that mod, or a mod like that could be made for 1.7.10 where each mod gets their own button in a list, and when you click that button you get taken to a new page with all the shortkeys of that mod
along with that it'd also be nice if you had the option to choose 2 keys for a shortkey, so for example instead of pressing "M" to open a minimap, you could configure it so you need to press "CTRL+M" to open a minimap, seeing as so many mods nowadays add shortkeys to their mods...

yea, remember this post I made a while back
seems NotEnoughKeys already supports double keybinds for controls, only thing is that mods need to use it's API to be able to do this
so far only a handful of mods use it like Tinker's Construct and it isn't really mentioned anywhere, but when you try to assign a double keybind press both of the keys that you want to assign to a control and it'll register it, I tried it yesterday with a Tinker's Construct control and it worked :eek:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
And what about adding like windmills, horse drawn, and water wheels for potential energy sources, water wheels being powered by flowing water from aqueducts and windmills and horse-drawn being ambient (Horse-drawn will stop for a while to let the horse catch it's breath, giving it food will speed up this cool down time). Energy is transferred in wooden shafts, and can power things like a block that speeds up minecarts (maybe powered rails need them), a millstone (A mechanical macerator?), a sawmill (bonus planks from wood logs!) a bellows (Bonus speed for furnaces or other heat-based machinery at the cost of fuel) or pumps that can move fluids through lead or ceramic pipes (Items are covered by hoppers)! Energy can only be transferred in straight lines, and gearbox blocks are needed to make power 'turn corners' to get to places. It's kinda like a tech mod for Minecraft without somehow going from medieval times to the future in 2 (in game) weeks!
http://calclavia.com/resonant-induction/

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019

Unfortunately, the ability to turn off ages in the config (in both the OP's case, and my own, probably both the Electrical and Atomic Ages) is still 'in a future version'. Once that happens, I agree that RI would probably be the mod of choice for that sort of thing.

ETA: Random Additions also adds wind and water wheels. They're pretty, but my experience has been that RA is not yet stable enough for non-dev use.

Last edited:

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
And what about adding like windmills, horse drawn, and water wheels for potential energy sources, water wheels being powered by flowing water from aqueducts and windmills and horse-drawn being ambient (Horse-drawn will stop for a while to let the horse catch it's breath, giving it food will speed up this cool down time). Energy is transferred in wooden shafts, and can power things like a block that speeds up minecarts (maybe powered rails need them), a millstone (A mechanical macerator?), a sawmill (bonus planks from wood logs!) a bellows (Bonus speed for furnaces or other heat-based machinery at the cost of fuel) or pumps that can move fluids through lead or ceramic pipes (Items are covered by hoppers)! Energy can only be transferred in straight lines, and gearbox blocks are needed to make power 'turn corners' to get to places. It's kinda like a tech mod for Minecraft without somehow going from medieval times to the future in 2 (in game) weeks!

Hey @T10a, I'm going to be working with a team to do this very thing.. well.. kind of, More closely related to Better than Wolves, but for 1.7 (and beyond!)
https://vaygrimslist.com/projects/show/7 (If any mod devs want to help.. use the code "projectsplease" to join the site)
The "idea" of mine: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XUGEaHu2JncgiqevLamPKCJQdy-1BhHKD7811lPMjc0/edit

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I am creating a IC2 addon which adds a new replicator recipe.You can create with 1,000mb UU-Matter an UU-Matter item.The old UU-Matter where you can craft the copper powder Iron and Gold ore and the Iridium ore.
Not quite the right place :p This is for suggestions, not posting what you are creating

Reactions: Blorph

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
A mod for single player that adds beds in order to make it.....wait for it....night.

Would probably have to put a timer on it though to keep from a "Golden Years - Stephen King's) like sky.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
A mod for single player that adds beds in order to make it.....wait for it....night.

Would probably have to put a timer on it though to keep from a "Golden Years - Stephen King's) like sky.
There was a mod like that back in either 1.6 or 1.5, IIRC. You could nap for a few hours at any time during the day. I don't think it's being updated, though.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that can determine what blocks can or can't be punched by hand (e.g. wood or dirt, so shovels and axes are necessary)

Reactions: Otho

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that can determine what blocks can or can't be punched by hand (e.g. wood or dirt, so shovels and axes are necessary)
Adventure mode fills half the problem (you have to use tools to break the appropriate blocks), but the mod will have to add a few blocks that do break/interact by hand (TFC-like sticks and stones?)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if this exists in 1.7, but you know what I'd like most of all? Something like the DSU, but for fluids. Yeah, I know, GregTech has the quantum tank, but I really don't want all the other crap that comes along with that mod. I just want a simple, maybe even expensive, tank that has a huge storage capacity and doesn't take up sixteen billion chunks to achieve it. Yes, by "huge," I really do mean "DSU equivalent," not "can hold ten thousand buckets of stuff." As in "storing 2,147,483,647mB of fluid in one block."