Request Suggest mods for creation here

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Jadedcat, May 31, 2013.

1. MacAisling

MacAisling Popular Member

Or replace the chest opening sound with the bell or other random obnoxious sound...

2. OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD Well-Known Member

There is great need for a 1.13.1 mod to fix aquatic entity spawning. https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulOilyDolphinRiPepperonis <--This is on a straight vanilla server. There's an issue where idling above water (like in a mob farm) causes aquatic mobs to spawn and then despawn incredibly rapidly - literally looks like a horde of Endermen in a rain-storm. On servers, this causes crazy thrashing with the CPU.

3. FastTquick

FastTquick Well-Known Member

I think more mods that add crafting powerful weapons, armor, and magics, etc. to Minecraft should also include summonable superbosses to test them on like what Draconic Evolution does with Chaos Guardian.

4. deadscion

deadscion Active Member

Stargate SG1 Tok 'ra tunneling crystals for Minecraft. Great for getting deep fast.

GamerwithnoGame and Psychicash like this.
  5. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

I'd love to see that as an additional feature in SGcraft actually - that would be heckin' sweet :D

6. SomeRandomPetey

SomeRandomPetey New Member

I don't think this would be very hard to do, but is someone able to make a mod that forces the player to respawn in the dimension they died in/a configurable dimension?

7. OniyaMCD

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/perfect-spawn ??

You'd have to go through and make a setting for each dimension, if I'm reading this right, but looks like what you're asking for.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  8. GamerwithnoGame

This sounds about right.

Now I'm wondering... lets say there was a safe space in each dimension you go to, and you always go there before exploring the rest for the first time. Would that allow for the respawn to always be in the safe place? So lets say, for example, you take a rocket to a new planet; you find a base on there and that then activates the spawn thing. If you then go and die out on the airless surface, it would be nice to spawn back somewhere you can breathe; maybe grab a spare space suit to get your stuff?

9. OniyaMCD

In a 'map' setting, the map-maker could specifically generate something. It looks like there might be a 'set spawn' option, so that if it's safe to sleep (also designated by a flag), then the player could reset the 'safe area' by sleeping.

LordPINE and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  10. Reddis

Reddis Well-Known Member

Central theme: Exp as an integral component in all crafting.
    Inspiration: Minecraft.net has a thread discussing how to better utilize exp gathered from mobs.
    Mod / modpack theme suggestions: Chemistry/biochemistry theme, alchemy/shamanistic theme, or a magic theme spin off of blood magic, but with exp.

Anyone who has ever played modded has ended up with an abundance of xp sitting around in an exp obelisk or thousands of chunks of mob xp laying around. Why not make it a central crafting component in a mod / modpack? Almost every recipe would require some form of experience, whether it is exp in the player's exp bar like creating a golden lasso, an exp chunk like those that drop from mobs, or a liquid exp essence.

Examples:
    - In order to make a furnace, you need 8 cobble as usual and 1 exp level in your exp bar.
    - In order to make a powered furnace, you need a furnace surrounded by 8 exp chunks (or 8 compressed exp chunks).
    - In order to make an alloy smelter similar to enderio, you need to create 8 distill exp potions in a potion brewer and surround the powered furnace with them.

Now that you have the ability to create alloys, you can start making "Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made of exp chunks and iron), "Refined Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made from Experium alloy, distilled exp potions, and certus quartz), and "Quantum Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made from... you get the idea)

I offer this suggestion to anyone who wishes to develop the idea without requirement for credit. I am willing to help create a "tech tree" though if a mod dev would like to contact me. Happy crafting!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  11. GamerwithnoGame

Almost like what we call experience is like the activation energy required to make any physical changes in the world, such as getting things to stick together? Smelted stuff is in a lower energy/order state and so gives out XP, and crafting stuff is more ordered, and so requires energy?

12. Reddis

Reddis Well-Known Member

There are lots of different ways to implement the idea and I think they could all be uniquely interesting. I could even see the idea used in a "cosmic" themed pack where you use the mob xp to craft cosmic essence and this essence (of varying qualities) being required for crafting. This idea makes me think of Astral Sorcery.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  13. deadscion

deadscion Active Member

Vanilla/base code editing has never been cool even with the best of intentions. However, the more stuff Mojang adds with each new version, the more stuff there is to disagree with. I know MC 1.13.2 vanilla from testing requires the most CPU ram of any Minecraft version( have not tested 1.14 yet). This is due to added features and other inefficient programming. I would hope any base code edit here would look at reducing MC 1.13.2 version need for so much ram.

14. Reddis

Reddis Well-Known Member

MOAR STAIRS!!!! Every single core building block should be able to be made into stairs. Dirt stairs, glass stairs, ice stairs, stairs made from ore picked up by silk touch (iron ore stairs), copper stairs, emerald stairs, etc etc etc etc you get the idea. At the very least, please add dirt stairs.

15. Reddis

Reddis Well-Known Member

Central theme: Cross-dimensional technology management
    Mod / modpack theme suggestions: Similar in concept to a gated-technology quest pack, a cross dimensional tech management pack would allow you to only use certain mods in certain dimensions and the "core difficulty" if figuring out how to optimize each mod across the dimensions.

Perhaps your starting world is a void and only can only use tinkers construct, ex nihlio and single block chests. You then build a portal to the next dimension and there you can use more advanced chests and/or storage drawers. It is clearly a hassle to move between dimensions all the time, so how do you move the ores cross-dimensionally? Then you build another portal the next dimension and you can start using a large scale strip mining operation, but you still have your primary storage in the other dimension and you need a different way of moving ores back from dim 3 to dim 2.