Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A client side that allows texture differation(trust me it's a word) or combining textures that doesn't add the problems that come with optifine.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
* Lossy Automation! *

So right now, recipes are going to be balanced for a player spending their time doing things.
And, automation generally means "way too much for anything".

I remember trying to play with TiC, or Natura, and trying to spend all my time harvesting things, or processing all the ingots, etc.

And, anything that was automated became excessively oversupplied.

In general: If you can set up an automation of anything, you are never out of supply unless the production rate is horrifically slow (cough one game month cough)

So, the idea is simple: What if automation doesn't give the same output as manual? What if golems break things when they are trying to collect them? What if their was something for the autonomous activator between "fully broken" and "super duper fast growth of anything"?

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds features from the next version of minecraft. For example, a 1.6.4 mod that adds 1.7.10 biomes, trees, enchants, and fishing mechanics or a 1.7.10 mod that adds the 1.8 Ocean monument, enchanting and villager changes.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
* Lossy Automation! *

So right now, recipes are going to be balanced for a player spending their time doing things.
And, automation generally means "way too much for anything".

I remember trying to play with TiC, or Natura, and trying to spend all my time harvesting things, or processing all the ingots, etc.

And, anything that was automated became excessively oversupplied.

In general: If you can set up an automation of anything, you are never out of supply unless the production rate is horrifically slow (cough one game month cough)

So, the idea is simple: What if automation doesn't give the same output as manual? What if golems break things when they are trying to collect them? What if their was something for the autonomous activator between "fully broken" and "super duper fast growth of anything"?
This is actually a pretty awesome idea, but it comes with one major drawback: that resource loss has to be connected to a mod that provides something pretty awesome and/or interesting, or it's going to lose a lot of players who don't want the loss. That said, I like how Progressive Automation machines will use tools and resources in their inventories -- the wood chopper will burn the logs it produces if not kept fueled, the miner with a cobblegen upgrade will use pick durability to produce extra cobble, and so on.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Well, one idea is that popular mods could either have this built-in (hey, wasn't the old forestry system supposed to be balanced around something called "perdition" that caused losses in automation? Serious question, I've lost track of the details in the whole RJ vs MF debate), or added in an add-on.

Consider that Aznor was looking at rebalancing mana bean farm because once they were automated, all the shortages that the mod was balanced around were *poof*, yet people complained that they are too hard to work manually, and any sort of nerf would force automation.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Power Perdition wasn't from Forestry, its a concept in BuildCraft circa 1.6, and as far as I know, its still there. Basically, machines constantly eat up power, even when they aren't doing anything because balance or something.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Power Perdition wasn't from Forestry, its a concept in BuildCraft circa 1.6, and as far as I know, its still there. Basically, machines constantly eat up power, even when they aren't doing anything because balance or something.
I just have seperate generators for them because no matter how little it is still wasting power.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
GRR.

A mod to change the default for new worlds to "Cheats permitted".
A mod to let you modify an existing single player world to "Cheats permitted"
A mod that lets you say /op username in a single player world.

Yes, I know the "open to lan, enable cheats" work-around, but having to do that every time ...

Sigh. NBT file editor. Yea, got one.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
GRR.

A mod to change the default for new worlds to "Cheats permitted".
A mod to let you modify an existing single player world to "Cheats permitted"
A mod that lets you say /op username in a single player world.

Yes, I know the "open to lan, enable cheats" work-around, but having to do that every time ...

Sigh. NBT file editor. Yea, got one.
If you're having to cheat that much, you have no business in a SSP world! /s

Reactions: T10a and 1SDAN

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
When I'm testing/debugging, I cheat.
When I'm playing for real, I do not cheat.

Ideally, I could easily and trivially save my "real" inventory, go into cheat/testing, return to where I was, and then restore that saved position/inventory. And, heck, MultiMC's new version should let me log on as a fake player name, to get a new player / inventory in cheat mode. #NeedsTesting.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Pyure

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to let me either define new biomes, or alter the characteristics of existing biomes.

NB: No new coding. Just database data information. For example, biomes currently have features such as climate zone, exclusive or shared (jungles, for example, do not share their climate zone, and I think mega spruce is the same?), base height, height variation, colors, tree density, plant density, grass coverage, top, filler, etc.

I'd want:
1. The ability to set new parameters, in a text file, that would just be constant for a world. (Should be easy, right?)
2. The ability to set parameters for a world, that may be different this time I run minecraft from previous times. (Existing chunks are not changed, but new chunks get new landscapes). (Should be an easy upgrade from the first case, right?)
3. The ability to create new biome definitions, with random spawn weight 0, at any time. Even while running, as a mod to mod message in the middle of the game.

#3 might be a little hard. As far as I know, the current IMC system is only used at startup, not once you have begun playing. Not to mention the large creation of modified biomes would fill up the 256 slot table very quickly.

#3 is actually focused on mods that change the landscape. Terraformers. Reika's is just one (there's a second that I've seen in another mod).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1. The ability to set new parameters, in a text file, that would just be constant for a world. (Should be easy, right?)
2. The ability to set parameters for a world, that may be different this time I run minecraft from previous times. (Existing chunks are not changed, but new chunks get new landscapes). (Should be an easy upgrade from the first case, right?)
I wonder if this is how mystcraft started. Someone decided to allow dynamic biome generation and realized it could be taken pretty far.

Other than that, I can't imagine why this hasn't been done.

Reactions: 1SDAN

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this is how mystcraft started. Someone decided to allow dynamic biome generation and realized it could be taken pretty far.

If I recall correctly, XCW said it started after looking at the Myst games with a friend, and then trying to make books that could either be return link books, or random nether entry books. Then, came random minecraft worlds; then, the descriptive symbols

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Make a mod that allows potions to be stored in other containers or in source block form. I would love to have OB tanks full of different potions that you right click to add :30 seconds per bucket or something.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Make a mod that allows potions to be stored in other containers or in source block form. I would love to have OB tanks full of different potions that you right click to add :30 seconds per bucket or something.
There's a mod called Brewcraft (by RedGear) that almost adds something like that. It lets you brew potions in a tank, and then withdraw them a bottle at a time.