Request Suggest mods for creation here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Enderman can't pick up anything that spawns in the end...

Read it again.
Also I was thinking of them spawning in the end sometimes holding endstone/end ores. [only in the end mind]

No wonder they constantly come into our world, they have nothing in their that they can move around. Well, that and the End is a bleak, depressing dimension.

I always thought they were stealing from our world to build theirs.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Well, since this is a little more relevant now, one of my earlier suggestions:

If we're talking about mob AI, one thing that really bugs me is that endermen steal grass. I don't mind the balancing issue at all, but I hate the holes they make in the ground.

It would be neat if there was a mod...

Worldgen areas "designated" to be Quarries and Circle.
Quarries is where they"ll always take blocks from. This doesn't exclude taking stuff from farther away,
Circles are places where endermen are placing their blocks, to form various structures of unknown purposes (mostly like dirt or stone circles, hence the name, but obelisks, pyramids, and assorted mystical structures are perfectly fine).
When an endermen want to pick up a block, they"l likely try and take it from a nearby quarry, and take it to a nearby Circle, where they"ll "examine" if it's good to place. If it's incompatible with the structure, the structure is finished, or just random chance they personally dislike it, they"ll return it to where it came from.

What this means is that endermen will do most of their environmental damage in their quarries and Circles. Even better, it means they could be set to a wider range of blocks, since even if they steal your more valuable stuff, they"ll shortly return it (Or they're building a really fancy Circle)

• Areas for circles and quarries are worldgen, a few hundred blocks apart from each other, in small clusters of 1-2 quarries and a Circle (or rarely two) in a close area. They come in several sizes, mostly smaller.
  • Quarries have a size
  • Circles have a size and the predetermined design of the structure. The endermen will follow this design to make the structure.
  • When a structure is complete, either the design will be finished, and the structure finished, or a new, grander design of better materials will replace it, requiring more work- after a finished small dirt circle, a larger dirt circle will be built, or be replaced with a stone circle, etc. The greater the size, the more likely for this to happen.
  • When an enderman want to pick a block, they"ll have a high chance to prefer to teleport to the nearest quarry and take the block from there. He will also remember from where he took that block
  • When an enderman has a block, he will try to teleport to the nearest Circle.
  • The enderman will then Contemplate if the block is right. If he's in a Circle, he"ll check if the block fit in the structure. If it is, he"ll have a very high chance of placing it, before teleporting back to wherever he was originally.
  • otherwise he"ll have a high chance of returning the block to where it's from (and an almost certain chance if it's not dirt, grass, or stone)
  • Enderman will then have a cooldown on taking blocks.
bonuses
  • Endermen will have a different chances of taking blocks depending on the moon cycle (whichever time is creepiest).
  • When a structure is finished, endermen will gather around it for strange rituals.
  • Better structures may require things that are less common than dirt, such as stone bricks or andesite. the Circle may then "send" endermen who come to them with a failing block to return their block and try to find the blocks from your area or "craft" them (really just picking up X and turning it into Y, such as stone to a brick variant).
  • When a grand structure is mostly finished, the last few expensive, key elements will be in a seperate design, such as a solid gold giant obelisk cap after finishing the obelisk itself. It will then frequently spawn endermen who"ll go looking for these more expensive blocks, and may steal them from your chests!

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
There are already plenty of mods that add unbreakable tools like this. Like you said, there's Tinker's Construct for the tools. Redstone arsenal has the flux tools, IC2 has the drill and chainsaw. As for unbreakable armor, there's Modular power suits, blood magic bound armor and IC2 has the nano/quantum suits.

Honestly, there's so much fun modded stuff, I'm not sure why you would ever want to save vanilla tools.
and other mod integration, like balkions and other mods that add more weapons

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think they could pick up diamond blocks >.> They shouldn't be able to pick up crafted items... unless you mean diamond ore
it was modded I don't think it was an actual mineral block or ores but I remember it took something out of my statue I was kinda salty, but its still only a game.

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
No wonder they constantly come into our world, they have nothing in their that they can move around. Well, that and the End is a bleak, depressing dimension.
I think that they're the ghoul-bodies of all the players' bodies after they die.. and the bodies (endermen), are trying to return to life, by building.. idk.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
and maybe have a chance to drop the blocks, like when it stole my freakin diamond block statue
100% chance of dropping a held block. Otherwise where does the block go? Also its consistent with zombies always dropping stuff they pick up.

With the end spawning, only a minority [1/50?] actually spawn holding something- so its worthwhile assassinating the ones that do; rather than massacring everything on the off chance of a random drop.
[otherwise its pointless having the visual distinction of the held item, and just use a spawn control mod or similar to add a random chance]

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe some kind individual can make a mod that makes building easier for individuals with counting and memory problems - a mod that adds a block that can count itself. Or if it already exists, where can I find it?:)

No, not like a tape measure. I'd like a block which you tap at the beginning to enable so it'll count itself as "1" then every block you connect to that 1st block (in one direction) progressively counts itself upward and shows up on the block. It will end counting when you tap it again or some other way of resetting it after that. Kind of like that old light level mod that used to show you what the light level of a block was by showing numbers directly on each block.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
100% chance of dropping a held block. Otherwise where does the block go? Also its consistent with zombies always dropping stuff they pick up.

With the end spawning, only a minority [1/50?] actually spawn holding something- so its worthwhile assassinating the ones that do; rather than massacring everything on the off chance of a random drop.
[otherwise its pointless having the visual distinction of the held item, and just use a spawn control mod or similar to add a random chance]
I did it in vanilla 1.8 with command blocks but it only worked with ones I summoned or ones with grass blocks because I needed a command block for any block I wanted it to drop

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to change the worldgen of "underground water" -- the stuff you find in the walls of caves, or the sides of cliffs -- to be either a 1x3 or 2x2, with only one of them exposed.

Reason: They are representing some sort of hidden, non-represented water pathway. Such as rain water flowing through the ground, and coming out somewhere. Or Other. Etc.

But there's some sort of hidden, renewing source of that water.

So lets make the renewing source explicit. Lets have the water actually there.

The reason: If you want to have a "finite water" mod, then all the singleton blocks on walls will dry out. But if there's the automatic renewal of pools, then that's no longer a problem.

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to change the worldgen of "underground water" -- the stuff you find in the walls of caves, or the sides of cliffs -- to be either a 1x3 or 2x2, with only one of them exposed.

Reason: They are representing some sort of hidden, non-represented water pathway. Such as rain water flowing through the ground, and coming out somewhere. Or Other. Etc.

But there's some sort of hidden, renewing source of that water.

So lets make the renewing source explicit. Lets have the water actually there.

The reason: If you want to have a "finite water" mod, then all the singleton blocks on walls will dry out. But if there's the automatic renewal of pools, then that's no longer a problem.
like source source blocks

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I did it in vanilla 1.8 with command blocks but it only worked with ones I summoned or ones with grass blocks because I needed a command block for any block I wanted it to drop
and have a list of blocks(config) that they can spawn with. So they don't spawn with diamond blocks unless, you know, you want them too.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else who's hoping aswell that rednet from Minefactory Reloaded takes it a step further and adds a gate-like system that Buildcraft has into rednet aswell?
would be nice if the rednet controller would become a bit easier to use aswell

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Bicycles. Works similar to steve's carts, where the material the bike is made of increases the quality and quantity of modules it can have. Modules Ideas:
Uphill assist
Freezing water
Speed boost
Jump ability
Temporary flight
The ability to run over mobs
A music box that plays Queen's Bicycle.
Handlebar mounted bow or projectile weapon.
Slow fall similar to Open blocks glider or Morph's chicken
Block miner that mines blocks in front of the bike(probably a bit broken)
Hover bike that holds the bike a block or two off the ground and allows you to hover over fluids.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese