Request Suggest mods for creation here

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think I liked that comment, and its okay a lot of people won't read that far back so I think its ok to 'refresh' it

Speaking of Refreshing...

Is it so hard to add a hunger bar to Horses??? (How I want? Probably) I've suggested this at least 3 times now and no one even acknowledges the danger Horses pose to Pigs, Minecarts and Ice Run Subways! Horses are a way to move faster a Minecart and move items with ease, while being faster and easier to ride than a pig, and requiring no hunger! This one VANILLA animal nerfs 3 different mechanics of Vanilla in one fell swoop. I understand it requires Golden Carrots to breed and saddles to ride, but I don't want to have to remove the ability to obtain saddles just for one stupid design derp! Even worse is that you don't even need Gold for a good horse because the ones you find in nature are already incredibly OP! I'm sorry that I'm ranting but I can't STAND these mobs how they currently are. Overall, my wishlist:

• Add Horse Hunger Bar
  • Configurable food for Horses
  • Configurable hunger from food increase/decrease
  • Configurable Saturation from food increase/decrease
  • Configurable Exhaustion Rate
  • Integration for Spice of Life
  • Configurable Exhaustion from high speeds
  • Configurable Exhaustion from high jumps
  • Configurable Exhaustion from pain
  • Configurable Exhaustion from armor
  • Configurable Exhaustion when wearing chests
  • Configurable Exhaustion per block in chest
  • Horses eats items off ground
  • Configurable if Exhaustion still occurs when not riding
  • Configurable Exhaustion from player armor
  • Configurable Exhaustion per item on player
  • Iguana's Tweaks integration for block weight and encumbrance
  • Adds Feed Bag, feeds horses food while they wear it
  • Adds Feed Bag Enchantment for armor, gained by crafting armor with a Feed Bag
  • Feed bag works for humans too

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place

Is it so hard to add a hunger bar to Horses??? (How I want? Probably) I've suggested this at least 3 times now and no one even acknowledges the danger Horses pose to Pigs, Minecarts and Ice Run Subways! Horses are a way to move faster a Minecart and move items with ease, while being faster and easier to ride than a pig, and requiring no hunger! This one VANILLA animal nerfs 3 different mechanics of Vanilla in one fell swoop. I understand it requires Golden Carrots to breed and saddles to ride, but I don't want to have to remove the ability to obtain saddles just for one stupid design derp! Even worse is that you don't even need Gold for a good horse because the ones you find in nature are already incredibly OP! I'm sorry that I'm ranting but I can't STAND these mobs how they currently are. Overall, my wishlist:

• Add Horse Hunger Bar
  • Configurable food for Horses
  • Configurable hunger from food increase/decrease
  • Configurable Saturation from food increase/decrease
  • Configurable Exhaustion Rate
  • Integration for Spice of Life
  • Configurable Exhaustion from high speeds
  • Configurable Exhaustion from high jumps
  • Configurable Exhaustion from pain
  • Configurable Exhaustion from armor
  • Configurable Exhaustion when wearing chests
  • Configurable Exhaustion per block in chest
  • Horses eats items off ground
  • Configurable if Exhaustion still occurs when not riding
  • Configurable Exhaustion from player armor
  • Configurable Exhaustion per item on player
  • Iguana's Tweaks integration for block weight and encumbrance
  • Adds Feed Bag, feeds horses food while they wear it
  • Adds Feed Bag Enchantment for armor, gained by crafting armor with a Feed Bag
  • Feed bag works for humans too
You say faster its not faster than minecarts and pigs can actually go very fast when you right click with a carrot on a stick but it uses durability
(not widely known)

Reactions: 1SDAN

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019

Is it so hard to add a hunger bar to Horses??? (How I want? Probably) I've suggested this at least 3 times now and no one even acknowledges the danger Horses pose to Pigs, Minecarts and Ice Run Subways! Horses are a way to move faster a Minecart and move items with ease, while being faster and easier to ride than a pig, and requiring no hunger! This one VANILLA animal nerfs 3 different mechanics of Vanilla in one fell swoop.

Pigs and ice runs aren't suppose to be better than anything: They are jokes or mistakes. Minecarts are the real deal, but the changes they wanted to add to speed them up were hated.

The most important contrasting thing about horses, is that they're great for exploring but not as reliable or versatile. minecarts can be automated: they can pick up items, hold items, push items, be controlled by redstone, and even explode (can Your horse explode?!). Purely on the travel side, minecarts are far far better in the nether, since they don't need a 2*3 tunnels and wont easily catch on fire and die. If you want to travel a huge distance, you better use a minecart.

Horses are not always faster than minecarts- it's pretty random. You shouldn't ever rely on a horse for anything.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
You say faster its not faster than minecarts and pigs can actually go very fast when you right click with a carrot on a stick but it uses durability
(not widely known)
Pigs and ice runs aren't suppose to be better than anything: They are jokes or mistakes. Minecarts are the real deal, but the changes they wanted to add to speed them up were hated.

The most important contrasting thing about horses, is that they're great for exploring but not as reliable or versatile. minecarts can be automated: they can pick up items, hold items, push items, be controlled by redstone, and even explode (can Your horse explode?!). Purely on the travel side, minecarts are far far better in the nether, since they don't need a 2*3 tunnels and wont easily catch on fire and die. If you want to travel a huge distance, you better use a minecart.

Horses are not always faster than minecarts- it's pretty random. You shouldn't ever rely on a horse for anything.
:/

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

You're completely ignoring the fact that Ice Runs used to be a useful part of MC and should not be nerfed out because they wanted to add an all powerful movement god. Sure, Minecarts can automate but they also are supposed to be used for long distance transport, same with Ice Runs. And who the Buck (Rogers) cares if riding Pigs are a joke, they're a feature and should be treated like one! People like you make me sick.

And on the subject of minecarts being more useful in the nether: Minecarts require iron per block for movement AND gold. With a good pick and a nice tunnel system, your argument points are null and void.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a mod that allows one to change the tool required to harvest a block and the level requirement of such tool? I know Iguana's Tinker's Tweaks allows one to change the pick levels, but I want to make certain blocks require a specific tier of axe or shovel.

Also, a mod that makes falling sand entities not drop blocks so one can't cheat and collect Gravel Ores or blocks with EnviroMine physics before they're supposed to.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Horses are only good for meat anyway.
Minecarts fit into the game a lot better, as they work with the core principles of the game (design, architecture, engineering and ingenuity)- where's horses cut into them.
Also riding pigs- how many games let you go pig surfing? Its a fairly unique and iconic part of the game- even if it was initially designed as a joke.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
You're completely ignoring the fact that Ice Runs used to be a useful part of MC and should not be nerfed out because they wanted to add an all powerful movement god. Sure, Minecarts can automate but they also are supposed to be used for long distance transport, same with Ice Runs. And who the Buck (Rogers) cares if riding Pigs are a joke, they're a feature and should be treated like one! People like you make me sick.

And on the subject of minecarts being more useful in the nether: Minecarts require iron per block for movement AND gold. With a good pick and a nice tunnel system, your argument points are null and void.

Ice Runs used to be a useful part of MC and should not be nerfed out because they wanted to add an all powerful movement god.
Then minecarts, rideable pigs and ice runs should die too- they all displaced the original boat waterways, which were actually nerfed, rather than just outpaced.

Minecarts can automate but they also are supposed to be used for long distance transport, same with Ice Runs
Suppose to!? There's no correct suppose to in minecraft. Ice runs are an accidental bugfeature that proved enduring (and fun), and you can't say one feature shouldn't be done because another feature can be used for that purpose too- you can say that on any feature other than walking, punching, and dirt block.

Horses have a very specific goal that minecarts can't fill: Exploring the world. You can't pick up your minecart and take a journey throughout the new lands, you usually just make a long nether tunnel and take a pick until something nice shows up.

And who the Buck (Rogers) cares if riding Pigs are a joke, they're a feature and should be treated like one!
A joke is still a joke. It's great to have, but you can't justify balance on it. especially when running is 9/10 times faster.

minecarts being more useful in the nether: Minecarts require iron per block for movement AND gold. With a good pick and a nice tunnel system, your argument points are null and void
"With a good pick and a nice tunnel system"- Because building a nice, X,000 blocks long, 2*3 thick (except for stairs, which need to be much taller)(3*3 if you want it to centered), totally fire and ghastproof tunnel is so easy and resource-light!

Seriously, a horse in the nether is a steak, and running with a horse hundreds of blocks is simply much more boring than using a cart and riding it.when you come to extreme distances it's a lot better to have something that is less fast but more automated, because you perceive time as faster looking at the views, imagining what to build next, or browsing the internet than having to constantly micro-adjust that stupid horse who never stays dead straight and always slows over some wall.

With the large amounts of iron and gold in vanilla having less used, making rails is a pretty good use of resources (And you plan to mine that tunnel with picks made of what exactly?). zombie pigpen will no longer try to pathfind over it.
It's a better way of transferring items from two remote bases, since ender chests are limited, and donkeys are rarer than horses and can't be sent in bulks.
Finally, horses have much greater scarcity: Finding them is luck-based, same for saddles. If you lose your horse, or haven't found one yet, it's much more difficult to replace/obtain than carts.

People like you make me sick.
That's just mean.

Reactions: Hazard

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
FINE! How about a mod that just straight out removes horses? Because obviously we can't get to any middle-ground regarding horses.
If you read closely you'd notice i said nothing about your idea- they're good for more hardcore mod environment. I tried to counter your anti-horse arguments based around vanilla balance*. Obviously there can't be middle ground between the Right and Justified Hardcore Balance I Wish Was Made and despicably obscene vanilla balance which I don't like and should just be annihilated from being possible to even exist.

*these:
...no one even acknowledges the danger Horses pose to Pigs, Minecarts and Ice Run Subways! Horses are a way to move faster a Minecart and move items with ease, while being faster and easier to ride than a pig, and requiring no hunger! This one VANILLA animal nerfs 3 different mechanics of Vanilla in one fell swoop. I understand it requires Golden Carrots to breed and saddles to ride, but I don't want to have to remove the ability to obtain saddles just for one stupid design derp! Even worse is that you don't even need Gold for a good horse because the ones you find in nature are already incredibly OP! I'm sorry that I'm ranting but I can't STAND these mobs how they currently are.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
If you read closely you'd notice i said nothing about your idea- they're good for more hardcore mod environment. I tried to counter your anti-horse arguments based around vanilla balance*. Obviously there can't be middle ground between the Right and Justified Hardcore Balance I Wish Was Made and despicably obscene vanilla balance which I don't like and should just be annihilated from being possible to even exist.

*these:
...no one even acknowledges the danger Horses pose to Pigs, Minecarts and Ice Run Subways! Horses are a way to move faster a Minecart and move items with ease, while being faster and easier to ride than a pig, and requiring no hunger! This one VANILLA animal nerfs 3 different mechanics of Vanilla in one fell swoop. I understand it requires Golden Carrots to breed and saddles to ride, but I don't want to have to remove the ability to obtain saddles just for one stupid design derp! Even worse is that you don't even need Gold for a good horse because the ones you find in nature are already incredibly OP! I'm sorry that I'm ranting but I can't STAND these mobs how they currently are.

I'm sorry for before, but I personally don't see this as a hardcore thing, I am seeing this as more of a way for Vanilla horses to not be so polarizing. But enough of that, what we really need to balance are chickens! :p

Reactions: jdog1408

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Sapling Gun. Its a gun that shoots selectable saplings from your inventory. When they land on appropriate soil, they plant.

Reactions: Otho

The_Damaged

Jul 29, 2019
An idea I have been kicking around (as I work on learning Java in my spare time) was a mod to add a more serious threat to construction/base building. Modifications to the base monster AIs that would adjust their behaviour in regards to crafted items (vanilla chests would be about the only crafted item they would be required to ignore).

Zombies would be going for basic, low value crafted things, doors, fences, etc.

Creepers would be more inclined to go for higher value targets, complex recipe items.

Skeletons would specifically go for for players and neutral entities nearby crafted things (so farm animals and such).

Spiders would seek out players and 'spin webbing' around them (creating web blocks to slow the player) and would attack if, say, there are 3 blocks of webbing around them (or maybe if they are actively IN a web).

Endermen would prioritize blocks they could carry around crafted things. Could also have special endermen that instead like to place TNT near any sources of redstone they can find.

This would give a more sincere feeling of 'being an invader' in a world that really likes just being natural and without gas turbines, nuclear reactors, etc. The spawn rate of these monsters would be accelerated in areas, likely based on how many TEs there are. I have further ideas on the actual AI code itself, I have worked on game engines and AI engines before, but have never worked in Java before (dear gods, I can't even use == on strings?!?)

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Automatic Node Waypoints
A mod that automatically creates Mapwriter / Reis / Zans minimap waypoints when Thaumcraft scans a new node in the world. Automatic stronghold waypoints would also be a nice option

Last edited:

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
If we're talking about mob AI, one thing that really bugs me is that endermen still grass. I don't mind the balancing issue at all, but I hate the holes they make in the ground.

It would be neat if there was a mod...

Worldgen areas "designated" to be Quarries and Circle.
Quarries is where they"ll always take blocks from. This doesn't exclude taking stuff from farther away,
Circles are places where endermen are placing their blocks, to form various structures of unknown purposes (mostly like dirt or stone circles, hence the name, but obelisks, pyramids, and assorted mystical structures are perfectly fine).
When an endermen want to pick up a block, they"l likely try and take it from a nearby quarry, and take it to a nearby Circle, where they"ll "examine" if it's good to place. If it's incompatible with the structure, the structure is finished, or just random chance they personally dislike it, they"ll return it to where it came from.

What this means is that endermen will do most of their environmental damage in their quarries and Circles. Even better, it means they could be set to a wider range of blocks, since even if they steal your more valuable stuff, they"ll shortly return it (Or they're building a really fancy Circle)

• Areas for circles and quarries are worldgen, a few hundred blocks apart from each other, in small clusters of 1-2 quarries and a Circle (or rarely two) in a close area. They come in several sizes, mostly smaller.
  • Quarries have a size
  • Circles have a size and the predetermined design of the structure. The endermen will follow this design to make the structure.
  • When a structure is complete, either the design will be finished, and the structure finished, or a new, grander design of better materials will replace it, requiring more work- after a finished small dirt circle, a larger dirt circle will be built, or be replaced with a stone circle, etc. The greater the size, the more likely for this to happen.
  • When an enderman want to pick a block, they"ll have a high chance to prefer to teleport to the nearest quarry and take the block from there. He will also remember from where he took that block
  • When an enderman has a block, he will try to teleport to the nearest Circle.
  • The enderman will then Contemplate if the block is right. If he's in a Circle, he"ll check if the block fit in the structure. If it is, he"ll have a very high chance of placing it, before teleporting back to wherever he was originally.
  • otherwise he"ll have a high chance of returning the block to where it's from (and an almost certain chance if it's not dirt, grass, or stone)
  • Enderman will then have a cooldown on taking blocks.
bonuses
  • Endermen will have a different chances of taking blocks depending on the moon cycle (whichever time is creepiest).
  • When a structure is finished, endermen will gather around it for strange rituals.
  • Better structures may require things that are less common than dirt, such as stone bricks or andesite. the Circle may then "send" endermen who come to them with a failing block to return their block and try to find the blocks from your area or "craft" them (really just picking up X and turning it into Y, such as stone to a brick variant).
  • When a grand structure is mostly finished, the last few expensive, key elements will be in a seperate design, such as a solid gold giant obelisk cap after finishing the obelisk itself. It will then frequently spawn endermen who"ll go looking for these more expensive blocks, and may steal them from your chests!

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
If we're talking about mob AI, one thing that really bugs me is that endermen still grass. I don't mind the balancing issue at all, but I hate the holes they make in the ground.

Quarries is where they"ll always take blocks from. This doesn't exclude taking stuff from farther away,
Circles are places where endermen are placing their blocks, to form various structures of unknown purposes (mostly like dirt or stone circles, hence the name, but obelisks, pyramids, and assorted mystical structures are perfectly fine).
When an endermen want to pick up a block, they"l likely try and take it from a nearby quarry, and take it to a nearby Circle, where they"ll "examine" if it's good to place. If it's incompatible with the structure, the structure is finished, or just random chance they personally dislike it, they"ll return it to where it came from.

What this means is that endermen will do most of their environmental damage in their quarries and Circles. Even better, it means they could be set to a wider range of blocks, since even if they steal your more valuable stuff, they"ll shortly return it (Or they're building a really fancy Circle)

• Areas for circles and quarries are worldgen, a few hundred blocks apart from each other, in small clusters of 1-2 quarries and a Circle (or rarely two) in a close area. They come in several sizes, mostly smaller.
  • Quarries have a size
  • Circles have a size and the predetermined design of the structure. The endermen will follow this design to make the structure.
  • When a structure is complete, either the design will be finished, and the structure finished, or a new, grander design of better materials will replace it, requiring more work- after a finished small dirt circle, a larger dirt circle will be built, or be replaced with a stone circle, etc. The greater the size, the more likely for this to happen.
  • When an enderman want to pick a block, they"ll have a high chance to prefer to teleport to the nearest quarry and take the block from there. He will also remember from where he took that block
  • The enderman will then Contemplate if the block is right. If he's in a Circle, he"ll check if the block fit in the structure. If it is, he"ll have a very high chance of placing it, before teleporting back to wherever he was originally.
  • otherwise he"ll have a high chance of returning the block to where it's from (and an almost certain chance if it's not dirt, grass, or stone)
bonuses
  • Endermen will have a different chances of taking blocks depending on the moon cycle (whichever time is creepiest).
  • When a structure is finished, endermen will gather around it for strange rituals.
  • Better structures may require things that are less common than dirt, such as stone bricks or andesite. the Circle may then "send" endermen who come to them with a failing block to return their block and try to find the blocks from your area or "craft" them (really just picking up X and turning it into Y, such as stone to a brick variant).
  • When a grand structure is mostly finished, the last few expensive, key elements will be in a seperate design, such as a solid gold giant obelisk cap after finishing the obelisk itself. It will then frequently spawn endermen who"ll go looking for these more expensive blocks, and may steal them from your chests!
Would be cool if on a very rare occasion, a huge amount of endermen would teleport in and try to steal any blocks placed by a player, and use the blocks in a circle, even if say, they have a dirt circle and they get a gold block, they would just instantly start upgrading it.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
An idea I have been kicking around (as I work on learning Java in my spare time) was a mod to add a more serious threat to construction/base building. Modifications to the base monster AIs that would adjust their behaviour in regards to crafted items (vanilla chests would be about the only crafted item they would be required to ignore).

Zombies would be going for basic, low value crafted things, doors, fences, etc.

Creepers would be more inclined to go for higher value targets, complex recipe items.

Skeletons would specifically go for for players and neutral entities nearby crafted things (so farm animals and such).

Spiders would seek out players and 'spin webbing' around them (creating web blocks to slow the player) and would attack if, say, there are 3 blocks of webbing around them (or maybe if they are actively IN a web).

Endermen would prioritize blocks they could carry around crafted things. Could also have special endermen that instead like to place TNT near any sources of redstone they can find.

This would give a more sincere feeling of 'being an invader' in a world that really likes just being natural and without gas turbines, nuclear reactors, etc. The spawn rate of these monsters would be accelerated in areas, likely based on how many TEs there are. I have further ideas on the actual AI code itself, I have worked on game engines and AI engines before, but have never worked in Java before (dear gods, I can't even use == on strings?!?)
I really like this idea

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019

• Quarries have a size
bonuses
I need this now.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a Chupacabra mod. Chupacabras will only spawn in a 100 block radius from a collection of at least 5 passive mobs. When a Chupacabra is spawned, it will hunt down and kill any passive mobs in a 150 block radius from it. It will only target passive mobs or entities/blocks that damage it though, and will not actively hunt down players. Only 1 Chupacabra may spawn per full moon per 10x10 chunk area. Chupacabras will inflict 4 points of damage (2 hearts) and poison on non-passive creatures and a one hit kill attack on passives. If it kills a passive mob, it will get weakness and slowness for 6 seconds but will restore his health to full. It will break any blocks in order to get to it's target at twice the speed of a player. If it's killed, it will drop a 'Mythic Fang' which can be crafted with a Sword or Book to get the 'Bane of Beasts' Enchantment which deals increased damage to Wolves, Chupacabras and the Ender Dragon. Chupacabras have 20 points of health (10 hearts) and will turn all Wild Wolves in the nearby area when it spawns or kills a passive mob.