Request Suggest mods for creation here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you; now, a mod to permit creating mob drops (at least some of them).

"Peaceful to Dye for" is too easy/too powerful.
"Peaceful Table" from EU does not work in normal (non-peaceful) play.

Wool to string is a good start, but I don't know of a mod that just adds that. (Might be worth minetweaking, now that I think of it). In 1.8, you can fish for all sorts of things, but you need to kill (potentially multiple) spiders before you can fish for string.
(EDIT: Or, now that I think about it, go caving into the deep dark depths, descending down dangerously to the abandoned mineshafts with webs spun by non-existent spiders.)

I know of mods that permit fossils to be dropped from mining, which gives bonemeal; but no actual bones for pet dogs.
The only source of potatoes and carrots that I know of are villages (seem really rare in 1.7.10) or mobs.
Blaze rods, spider eyes, ghast tear, magma cream -- to my knowledge, these are only used in potions. Still, a peaceful player might want a potion of speed, etc.
Gunpowder, ender pearl, slime ball -- all of use, all require killing mobs.

So, I guess it comes down to: are there mods that permit getting bones, potatoes, carrots, gunpowder, ender pearls, and slime balls without killing mobs, and not "trivial" to obtain?

... potatoes and carrots could easily be added to loot chests; just one or two will make a farm.
Bones are needed for dog taming (*but not healing; just checked the wiki, and it's rotten flesh or meat for healing or breeding), but breeding a pack only needs two tame dogs, about 6-20 bones. That's almost doable with loot chests.

Gunpowder, pearls, slime balls -- needed in large numbers
Blaze rods, spider eyes, ghast tear, magma cream -- some way to get those with difficulty in the nether?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you; now, a mod to permit creating mob drops (at least some of them).

"Peaceful to Dye for" is too easy/too powerful.
"Peaceful Table" from EU does not work in normal (non-peaceful) play.

Wool to string is a good start, but I don't know of a mod that just adds that. (Might be worth minetweaking, now that I think of it). In 1.8, you can fish for all sorts of things, but you need to kill (potentially multiple) spiders before you can fish for string.
(EDIT: Or, now that I think about it, go caving into the deep dark depths, descending down dangerously to the abandoned mineshafts with webs spun by non-existent spiders.)

I know of mods that permit fossils to be dropped from mining, which gives bonemeal; but no actual bones for pet dogs.
The only source of potatoes and carrots that I know of are villages (seem really rare in 1.7.10) or mobs.
Blaze rods, spider eyes, ghast tear, magma cream -- to my knowledge, these are only used in potions. Still, a peaceful player might want a potion of speed, etc.
Gunpowder, ender pearl, slime ball -- all of use, all require killing mobs.

So, I guess it comes down to: are there mods that permit getting bones, potatoes, carrots, gunpowder, ender pearls, and slime balls without killing mobs, and not "trivial" to obtain?

... potatoes and carrots could easily be added to loot chests; just one or two will make a farm.
Bones are needed for dog taming (*but not healing; just checked the wiki, and it's rotten flesh or meat for healing or breeding), but breeding a pack only needs two tame dogs, about 6-20 bones. That's almost doable with loot chests.

Blaze rods, spider eyes, ghast tear, magma cream -- some way to get those with difficulty in the nether?

Mob Properties

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Peaceful table?

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
IF you read his post, you'll see he mentioned that. The peaceful table doesn't work in other difficulties.

If you don't want to fight mobs the peaceful table is the way to go.... Only thing you lose is dogs

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to alter block drops and required items/tool level would be nice. I mean, Tinker's Tweaks already does the required tool level thing, but it only works for picks.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Bones ... almost doable with loot chests.

Gany's nether mod lets you farm blaze rods just like cactus (just find a rare plant), or ghast tears once you've gotten one. ... I know how much farming increases stuff ... one of those "hard to get the first, and then you're drowning in them" things.

Ender lily seeds from EU is probably sufficient for pearls ... again, hard to get that first one.

boni

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to alter block drops and required items/tool level would be nice. I mean, Tinker's Tweaks already does the required tool level thing, but it only works for picks.
That's incorrect. ITT works for everything.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Custom Items can change block drops.
If not create a new block, copy the texture and give it whatever drops you want.
(So tempting to create a psudo "bedrock" and give it diamond ore texture)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
That's incorrect. ITT works for everything.

Really? Nice! Last time I used that feature was is Tic Tweaks when it didn't do that so I guess I just missed a changelog.

@Celestialphoenix Thanks for the info, looking up the tutorial now.

EDIT: Strange, I can't find any documentation on custom block drops, and the whole "make a new block" thing won't work as the main blocks I want changed are dirt, grass, sand, stone etc. Not really stuff you can just replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otho

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to write a mod that let you pick what biome you start in? With so many biomes (that I like just don't want to live in) it'd be nice I think. Right now I use the BoP ini to disable all biomes but the one I want and then re-enable them after I gen the world. But this is an imperfect solution, especially with several mods adding 1-2 biomes now...

Excalibur2289

Jul 29, 2019
As a person who enjoys a good piece of instrumental music every now and then, I was disappointed when I failed to find a 1.6 or 1.7 mod that added any sort of musical instruments to Minecraft. I then tried to create my own, but failed miserably- object oriented programming is more difficult than it looks. So, I ask those who are more well versed in the Java programming language to succeed where I have failed.

I apologize in advance if any of the following features are a bit difficult to understand; I am not the greatest at explaining my thoughts. The mod should add several "tiers" of instruments, one crude, another basic, one refined, and a Master level. The crude instruments are, well, crude. These you could make within seconds of spawning in a new world with a few sticks, string, and some leather. The basic tier includes just an ordinary violin, drum, horn, and other instruments that do not have a magical nature (yet). The refined level is where things begin to take on an arcane feeling, with the basic instruments being "upgraded" with rare and mystical materials which allow the music played on them to go beyond being sound waves. These instruments can shape the world around them by playing specific notes in a specific order, similar to OOT. Depending on the strength of the materials used to create them, the instruments can either affect a small area around the player, or they can have a far greater area of effect, spanning dozens of blocks. There is only one Instrument in the Master class, the Detragan. The Detragan is a massive machine that can play music as rich as any orchestra*. Due to the large amount of resources used to create it, the machine has far greater capabilities than any of the other instruments; Instead of causing simple weather disturbances or melting obsidian into lava, the Detragan is capable of bending the fabric of reality, changing the land around it, and several other "events" that have yet to be identified.

The songs that I currently have thought of are as follows:
  1. Crude
    1. Catseye- The exact reason that this high-pitched screeching repels the common creeper is unknown
  2. Regular
    1. Tears of the Open Sky- Playing this sad melody causes the clouds to open their floodgates, if only for a short time
    2. Flowing Rock- The fast and intense rhythm of this song reinvigorates any nearby obsidian, causing it to revert into molten lava
    3. Golden Light- When played, the warm and joyous tune almost makes the place seem a little brighter
  3. Refined
    1. Gentle Auram- [REQUIRES THAUMCRAFT 4] This light, gentle, and almost floating melody resonates with the magical properties in the Refined instrument to cause nearby Aura Nodes to recharge faster
  4. Master
    1. Overture to Destruction- This chaotic collection of notes and rests causes the Detragan to lay waste to the surrounding area, leaving absolutely nothing but desolation and destruction in its place. This should probably go without saying, but DO NOT PLAY THIS IN YOUR HOUSE!!!
    2. Biome Medley- Depending on the Detragan's surrounding environment, the Medley will slowly convert the close area to a different biome. This process takes a long time, and as such the Medley is best described as an opera, not a song
**NOTE**: This is nowhere near a complete list. Feel free to suggest your own!

The Detragan may be the only Master class instrument, but the selection of songs played on it can have an effect on the Detragan's appearance and "power". In layman's terms, the more times a song is played on the Detragan, the strength of it increases exponentially. For example, if the song Flowing Rock were to be played over and over on a Detragan, the number of Obsidian blocks that could be melted would increase slowly at first, and increase at faster rate later. The Detragan would also take on more of a reddish appearance, allong with several parts of it to have more of a fire-like structure to it.