Request Suggest mods for creation here

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Most of you will yell at me but i would love to see a block, or multiblock, that stores and transfer unlimited rf. Playing with reactorcraft and the server can't handle the reactors always being on D:

Also, I would love a upgraded tesseract that would only suck the power that is actually used on the other side (unless they already do that and i just have a ridiculous power consumption and didn't realize it :D)

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Something like Skript, except for forge.

Something like this would be INCREDIBLY useful for server owners/admins. People have made networks of servers running off of skript. It would be awesome to see something like this in forge, if it's possible.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
A python version of computercraft. Because learning lua is a fools errand
I would love a version of CC that can read a folder on your computer for scripts. Im hating the ingame editor and using pastebin[DOUBLEPOST=1403604489][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, I would love a upgraded tesseract that would only suck the power that is actually used on the other side (unless they already do that and i just have a ridiculous power consumption and didn't realize it :D)
And with liquid/item filter so you dont need so many channels.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
A python version of computercraft. Because learning lua is a fools errand
Actually, there is real-life software written using Lua. One I know of happens to be Factorio, which has Lua as its API, letting you easily write mods and custom scenarios without having to go through five layers of junk just to say Hello World.

That said, I'd love a Python-based CC, as Python brings things to the table that some languages just don't have (lists that you don't have to use expensive copy operations on in order to update, dictionaries that use keys, tuples, actual multi-threading interfaces, and so on). Python might be a little heavy for a game written entirely in Java, though; Lua is meant to be very lightweight.

Reactions: Not_Steve

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there is real-life software written using Lua. One I know of happens to be Factorio, which has Lua as its API, letting you easily write mods and custom scenarios without having to go through five layers of junk just to say Hello World.

That said, I'd love a Python-based CC, as Python brings things to the table that some languages just don't have (lists that you don't have to use expensive copy operations on in order to update, dictionaries that use keys, tuples, actual multi-threading interfaces, and so on). Python might be a little heavy for a game written entirely in Java, though; Lua is meant to be very lightweight.
Though, that'd depend entirely on the implementation of Python you're using. I'm sure one could either find or create an implementation of Python that'd be as lightweight as what we see in CC with Lua.

Personally, I say ditch all the frills and give us C++ in Minecraft! Or just Java...incidentally, I think PowerCraft's Weasel was basically a Java interpreter with a few Minecraft-specific wrappers to make it simpler to use in-game. Can't wait for that damn thing to finally hit 1.7.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wondered what it'd take to incorporate .Net (preferably C#) into Minecraft. "MinecraftSharp, the new revolution in Minecraftian computing technology!"

Code:
using Minecraft.Sharp.MultiBot;  // Basically a turtle.

public sealed class MultiBotRun
{
  public static void Main( string[] Args )
  {
    for ( int i = 0; i < 30; i++ )
    {
      MultiBot.Dig( Direction.Forward );
      MultiBot.Move( Direction.Forward, 1 ); // Move forward by 1 block.
    }
  }
}

Ain't that beautiful?

Last edited:
Reactions: Niels Henriksen

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I thought of creating a browser-based editing system for CC computers. This is how I thought it would work:
  1. On a computer/turtle you run a command (say "remoteAccess")
  2. The chat gives you a url to visit in browser with a one-time-password
  3. You can view and edit the scripts on the turtle and edit them with an in-browser editor (something with syntax highlighting support, for example).
  4. All files on the turtle will be read-only to other people while you are logged in.

Another idea I had for a mod is hang-glider transport. Programmed (by the player) hang gliders that can carry items.

gbusrt

Jul 29, 2019
OK

been lurking for quit a while but recently had a few ideas for mod add-on for Thumcraft and a complete standalone one, don't know how to program and am posting here in the hope that someone (with codeing skills) might find the ideas appealing, and if so could you drag me into the team so i can learn

Thaumcraft
mobile Arcane Bore

first actually placing the arcane bore opens a worrying note in the research tree " the bore is stationary"
with a side note stating that spider seem to have lots of legs and could be 'persuaded' to 'carry' the bore.

once the spider are tamed it found out that spider wonder direction-less , so golem research is need to keep the spiders moving in desired direction using a lasso, next hiccup, the spider keeps eating the golems so better 'guide' golems must be researched

on a side note the output from the bore spill all over the land so needs a special collection process, hungry chest mounted on another spider perhaps with mirror, or perhaps a majicked zombie carrying a mirror following the spider for item transport, what about a corrupted peck (research can to wondrous things) to do this job

would love to hear if asanore (know i cocked up his name :( sorry) though of this idea

Now for the standalone mod

Mod name Sandscape
A mashup of 'Dune' and 'Tremmors' films for the idea

first need desert creator block, a 'planter/bomb' block, to create a suitable biome
This block would be relatively simple to make (needed for early game access) but dangerous.
perhaps TNT surrounded with 'hardened sand and diamonds'. when it triggered (red stone activated) it creates a 128 by 128 area were all coble and dirt are turned to sand, but has a blast radius that kill player to close that dose not have haste boots or flight for the getaway, of course a time-delay red stone signal would help when creating the sandscape. A nice graphic of sand blowing up into a dome and falling back would be nice

This new biome would house new wondrous creature and pose new risks. Sandfish (they die if touched by water, hence the need to create the sand dune biome) 'dunt dunt da'.
walking over this biome will attract them to the walker and they would attack from below ground.
Killing them would drop scaled pieces (good for armour and saddles). Sandfish think silver fish but the size of a horse (now u understand the saddle)

Attracting them could be good, a creeper cage (block) that goes boom boom (like a thumper) would attract them

A tamed and saddled Sandfish could be used for travel but would displace a few block of the ground surface as it slides along.

investigation will show how to breed a bigger 'Sandfish' with a bloom mound (spice mound, special catus bloom or sunflower perhaps) but this beast mush be captured (water is a good barrier to hold the bigger Sandfish)

Taming and modification with diamond teeth turns this beast into a miner, but to recover ores it would need to be killed and ores can be taken from the corpse, a new miner would need to be created if a new mining operation was desired , mine area default 32x32 ,as it mines ore would be replaced by sand, A boom box of 3 creeper boomer boxes could define the mining area

a sandfish could also be used to smelt ore by luring it into Tuned lava, perhaps lave coloured with lapis ( normal lava deposits would not start ore processing), once a worm oops Sandfish is 'cooked' the lava pool turns to sand mound which will blow showing area with process ores. a primes mound (mass) could double ore output. watering the mound before it blows perhaps

Last edited:
Reactions: psp

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Something simple, but I've not seen yet:

A lever where the tip of the handle lights up when it's in the on position.

Combine this with the ability to make levers with different materials for the base for better matching.

Reactions: Otho

DarKnighT_0_9

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have an idea for a small mod that will make night time harder without turning off youtubers:

The mod simply adds a blindness effect to players who are in a light level of 5 or lower. This makes nighttime and caving without torches dangerous without the annoying darkness that lowering the gamma applies to the rest of the game. If anyone could make it I'd greatly appreciate it.

This is a cool idea. I tried it out and it seems to work. If I decide to keep it in my mod I will give you credit :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think I once saw a mod like this before, but I can't really remember...
it'd be a mod mostly meant for multiplayer. this mod would remove any skins on the server and when a player logs in for the first time, the player gets a configuration window where he/she can create their character, much like the RPG games

you're able to choose male/female, age, hair, color of skin/hair/eyes and if the player big, small, masculine and so on.
when the player is done, they can complete the configuration and when they load into the world, their character will look exactly as how they configured it, and can also be seen by other players.
you're able to go to special shops where you can adjust your looks later on, but ofcourse for a certain cost

the players are then able to dress up their characters with things like clothes, shoes, hats, capes, jewelry
by going fancy, you could have tiered clothes and accessory which will determine the enchantability of the items.

this would be a pretty fun mod if there was an overall RPG theme to the server

Reactions: Otho and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
TYNKYN (Things You Never Knew You Needed) You can find it here: https://sites.google.com/site/tynkynwiki/ It might be a week/couple of weeks till that is added though as I just released a new version yesterday.

Amazing mod! I must say it is very good for a variety addition mod! A couple of config suggestions though.

• Custom Tier and Enchantment Setups for the obelisk. I know it is a bit ambitious and would take a bunch of re-worked code, but I'm sure it'd be incredibly fun to tinker around with. Obelisk support for TiCon would be awesome too if you could get permission to do so. I know this is the least likely suggestion in terms of possibility of being added, but if I didn't put it out there I'd be angry at myself.
  • If it isn't already in (haven't tried the mod out yet) support for Pam's Lettuce and the ability to disable Lettuce drops from grass would be great.
  • Ability to add or remove blowtorch and hammer and chisel recipes, or MineTweaker support.

Finally, I would like to ask permission to use TYNKYN in my NAM modpack.