Request Suggest mods for creation here

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
yeah why don't we use those in the modpacks
Wyld has used Better Furnaces and Better Storage in his UHS modpacks, but those are on the AT launcher. I think we (using the FTB launcher) need a new modpack focused on mods that FTB doesn't usually include, so folks can try out other stuff and get a feel for it.

Reactions: pc_assassin

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld has used Better Furnaces and Better Storage in his UHS modpacks, but those are on the AT launcher. I think we (using the FTB launcher) need a new modpack focused on mods that FTB doesn't usually include, so folks can try out other stuff and get a feel for it.
Perhaps we'd call it "FTB Experimental..." I like that; sort of a descendant of Horizons.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
"Humongous craft". Tech mod, where everything is huge and multiblock for that industrial feeling. So you have your house inside your machines, not other way around. Like Railcraft tanks and TiCo smelteries, but even bigger. Even pipes for liquids should be multiblock structures with diameter of several meters .

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
"Humongous craft". Tech mod, where everything is huge and multiblock for that industrial feeling. So you have your house inside your machines, not other way around. Like Railcraft tanks and TiCo smelteries, but even bigger. Even pipes for liquids should be multiblock structures with diameter of several meters .
I see you like to crawl around in sewer systems! This is an amusing idea, but I'm not so sure of it. I do think that some pipes should be larger than others, though. And I definitely like the idea of Mega Machines for doing stuff with.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea for many of the existing food and farming mods that have red or green chili peppers to add all of the other well-known varients of chilies such as Jalapeno, Habanaro, Chipotle, Cayenne, and Bhut Jolokia. I'm not sure how a hot chili burn could work in Minecraft, but I got an idea that a player who eats a hot chili pepper could have a strength buff of a varying level and duration applied to him or her or something else depending on how hot the chili is. A Habanero pepper would obviously be hotter and thus apply a greater buff than a Jalapeno pepper because it is much higher on the Scoville heat scale. Best of all, in a mod like Pam's Harvestcraft, the player could also make a salsa or a salsa mix to apply to a food recipe to give the player a strength buff on top of all other buffs when it is consumed.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea for many of the existing food and farming mods that have red or green chili peppers to add all of the other well-known varients of chilies such as Jalapeno, Habanaro, Chipotle, Cayenne, and Bhut Jolokia. I'm not sure how a hot chili burn could work in Minecraft, but I got an idea that a player who eats a hot chili pepper could have a strength buff of a varying level and duration applied to him or her or something else depending on how hot the chili is. A Habanero pepper would obviously be hotter and thus apply a greater buff than a Jalapeno pepper because it is much higher on the Scoville heat scale. Best of all, in a mod like Pam's Harvestcraft, the player could also make a salsa or a salsa mix to apply to a food recipe to give the player a strength buff on top of all other buffs when it is consumed.
On top of that, pepper spray or mace (or a pepper potion) could do damage to players, and if you eat a really hot pepper, you should take a bit of damage on top of the buff you get.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe a strength buff in exchange for a second or third debuff? (Poison, Weakness, slowness, spontaneous combustion etc)

chaoticsquid

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of a crafting helper type mod a bit like NEI that lets you look at an item but rather than the recipe it tells you the materials required to make it in a tree graph, with amounts and etc. and a list with tally of base materials (ie. iron ingots, glass and redstone)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have an idea for a small mod that will make night time harder without turning off youtubers:

The mod simply adds a blindness effect to players who are in a light level of 5 or lower. This makes nighttime and caving without torches dangerous without the annoying darkness that lowering the gamma applies to the rest of the game. If anyone could make it I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: Golrith

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of a crafting helper type mod a bit like NEI that lets you look at an item but rather than the recipe it tells you the materials required to make it in a tree graph, with amounts and etc. and a list with tally of base materials (ie. iron ingots, glass and redstone)
If I remember correctly, PowerCraft, at one point, had a crafting tool that could do just that, as well as craft things with whatever you happened to have in your inventory. Alas, I dunno if it ever made it to 1.6 or not...

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have an idea for a small mod that will make night time harder without turning off youtubers:

The mod simply adds a blindness effect to players who are in a light level of 5 or lower. This makes nighttime and caving without torches dangerous without the annoying darkness that lowering the gamma applies to the rest of the game. If anyone could make it I'd greatly appreciate it.
Actually, a mod that reduces fog/view distance based on darkness would work nicely. Combining that with other view distance reducers would cause some serious issues with visibility, too. So digging around near bedrock would be terrifying unless you had sunlight shining down on you. Of course, if you add the phase of the moon to that, a full moon would let you see to the horizon, while a new moon would be pretty darn dark -- and of course rain affects lighting and visibility as well.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea for a mod that would be nice is one that disables all bonemeal-type item's growth effect and instead work it like in BTW. In it, you place some bonemeal on a crop and it enriches the soil.

Enriched soil increases the growth rate of crops that grow on it by a configurable amount and disappears after the crops that have been present on the soil has grown a second configurable amount. The second such amount could be 0 to be used up after 1 crop, last more than crops on it, or even -1 for an unlimited duration.

Support for mods that increase the time it takes for crops to grow such as Hunger Overhaul would be nice, as would be support for mods that adds their own bonemeal-type items such as Forestry.

Configurable amounts per bonemeal-type item would be cool too.

Reactions: Otho