Request Suggest mods for creation here

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Something that lets you get diamonds and start on the goddamned mods without playing several hours of vanilla.

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen modpacks that make ores incredibly more common *cough* technic *Cough* I have no idea how it's done, but it'd be cool to see it possible via a mod.

DarKnighT_0_9

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing mod! I must say it is very good for a variety addition mod! A couple of config suggestions though.

• Custom Tier and Enchantment Setups for the obelisk. I know it is a bit ambitious and would take a bunch of re-worked code, but I'm sure it'd be incredibly fun to tinker around with. Obelisk support for TiCon would be awesome too if you could get permission to do so. I know this is the least likely suggestion in terms of possibility of being added, but if I didn't put it out there I'd be angry at myself.
  • If it isn't already in (haven't tried the mod out yet) support for Pam's Lettuce and the ability to disable Lettuce drops from grass would be great.
  • Ability to add or remove blowtorch and hammer and chisel recipes, or MineTweaker support.

Finally, I would like to ask permission to use TYNKYN in my NAM modpack.

I'm not sure what you mean by custom tier and enchantment setups. Could you explain what you mean a little more?
Obelisk support for Tinker's, I feel, would be pointless because that's the whole point of the modifier system. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.
I actually meant to put the lettuce in the ore dictionary but, as usual, I forgot. It will be added soon. The ability to disable the seeds is easy enough. I know having a bunch of the same things for different mods can clog your inventory quickly.
I actually know nothing of MineTweaker. I will look into it or to the ability to add recipes for them.
Also, you are more than welcome to use my mod in your pack. I would really appreciate a link back to my site but that's all I ask :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403790773][/DOUBLEPOST]
Something that lets you get diamonds and start on the goddamned mods without playing several hours of vanilla.

I'm pretty sure cofh core let's you adjust spawn height and frequency of ores.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean by custom tier and enchantment setups. Could you explain what you mean a little more?
Obelisk support for Tinker's, I feel, would be pointless because that's the whole point of the modifier system. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.
I actually meant to put the lettuce in the ore dictionary but, as usual, I forgot. It will be added soon. The ability to disable the seeds is easy enough. I know having a bunch of the same things for different mods can clog your inventory quickly.
I actually know nothing of MineTweaker. I will look into it or to the ability to add recipes for them.
Also, you are more than welcome to use my mod in your pack. I would really appreciate a link back to my site but that's all I ask :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403790773][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm pretty sure cofh core let's you adjust spawn height and frequency of ores.

Okay, by custom Tier and Enchantment setups, I mean that an option to customize the block setups that allow for tiered enchanting and specific enchantments.

I know Tinker's support would be redundant but I personally find the "enchant with an easy to get item" thing to be kind of stupid.

Thank you for the permission, I greatly appreciate it.

DarKnighT_0_9

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, by custom Tier and Enchantment setups, I mean that an option to customize the block setups that allow for tiered enchanting and specific enchantments.

I know Tinker's support would be redundant but I personally find the "enchant with an easy to get item" thing to be kind of stupid.

Thank you for the permission, I greatly appreciate it.

So you mean make all the blocks used in the enchanting configurable? Like you could make Looting II cost all diamond blocks, is that what you mean?
Why use Tinker's at all if that's how you feel about the system. What is it that you like about the tools from Tinker's; the customization? In the next version of TYNKYN you will be able to use tools, armor, etc. from other mods with the enchanting system. Tinker's tools don't seem to work and I am calling all instances of ItemPickaxe, for example. This makes me think Tinker's uses a custom tool class for its tools. The other thing is I don't want to step on anyone's toes. There's already a lot of unneeded hostility between some mod authors because people have changed the functionality of their mods. I think my system and Tinker's systems can coexist but shouldn't overlap. I appreciate the suggestions you have given though. I have been wanting feedback but it seems like most people just download the mod and say nothing. Also, I am going to add the darkness effect in the next version. I got it working and even sorted out the whole black screen thing that happens if blindness and night vision are both applied. It will be a config option that will be turned off by default.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So you mean make all the blocks used in the enchanting configurable? Like you could make Looting II cost all diamond blocks, is that what you mean?
Why use Tinker's at all if that's how you feel about the system. What is it that you like about the tools from Tinker's; the customization? In the next version of TYNKYN you will be able to use tools, armor, etc. from other mods with the enchanting system. Tinker's tools don't seem to work and I am calling all instances of ItemPickaxe, for example. This makes me think Tinker's uses a custom tool class for its tools. The other thing is I don't want to step on anyone's toes. There's already a lot of unneeded hostility between some mod authors because people have changed the functionality of their mods. I think my system and Tinker's systems can coexist but shouldn't overlap. I appreciate the suggestions you have given though. I have been wanting feedback but it seems like most people just download the mod and say nothing. Also, I am going to add the darkness effect in the next version. I got it working and even sorted out the whole black screen thing that happens if blindness and night vision are both applied. It will be a config option that will be turned off by default.

Yes, that was what I meant by custom setups

I like Tic Tweaks

I understand the whole stepping on toes thing completely. No problem at all.

It's funny, I just found the nightvision blindness bug an hour ago when I was folling around with my friends in vanilla

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
heres an idea for a mod if anyone is willing to write it dealing with shops and what have you make the shop like an me terminal thats my opinion with a left click for price and such but it depends if you are a player that wants a shop or if its an server shop. server shop in my opinion only be placed by admin i think that would be helpfull if anyone knows how to make plugins /mods hope it helps and if anyone can would you be willing to make it.. item placement in server by admin should also be able to work with button click adding items to server shop by scaning ids and collecting them all from the server if anyone can figure that out feel free to let me know and the shop should auto refill like if its in cheat mode where you can set a number that the shop stays at so if someone buys an item it auto refills :)
So basically a server-wide shop system with interfaces like ME terminals, with storage in the background. Wasn't there a mod sort of like this in the recent ModJam?

DarKnighT_0_9

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that was what I meant by custom setups

I like Tic Tweaks

I understand the whole stepping on toes thing completely. No problem at all.

It's funny, I just found the nightvision blindness bug an hour ago when I was folling around with my friends in vanilla

I'm not sure about custom setups. I'm all for customization but I think there has to be a cutoff point.

Nightvision in general seems to be bugged in 1.7.2 Sometimes I get a black screen that is only fixed by placing a torch when it's active.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I still love the old condensors from equivalent exchange.. Too bad they were too OP, but with a little bit of toning down, and changing the ratios, it was a beautiful mod.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
So basically a server-wide shop system with interfaces like ME terminals, with storage in the background. Wasn't there a mod sort of like this in the recent ModJam?

Called Star Mall allows you to buy and sell items from a computer like shopping online.. not sure how extensive it is...

http://build.technicpack.net/job/StarMall/

To be honest, I still love the old condensors from equivalent exchange.. Too bad they were too OP, but with a little bit of toning down, and changing the ratios, it was a beautiful mod.

Energy manipulation table… has all the properties of the condenser and can be fully configured

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1866335-164162152147-energy-manipulation-1110-stable/

I haven’t been able to get it to work properly and there is not 1.7 yet.

Athercraft is also a good alternative

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...my-turn-matter-into-any-other-kind-of-matter/

Two mods idea i'm interested in:

Finite liquid - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/259303-152-finiteliquid-v593/

Why this isn’t in minecraft already I don’t know

Vehicular craft
– actually build a multi-block factory that you can put resources in and watch as it spins and builds the vehicle for you a gas pump that has an option to charge people to refill their tanks. You have a choice of a 2 door sports car, 4 door generic sedan, no roof car, 2 door truck( can right click and have stuff standing in back) and big wheel truck( 2 verions – one with a flat bed and another that can store liquids). They can be painted, can be manual or auto transmission based on what you put into the multiblock. Engines you put in also change the fuel source…At a combustion engine for fuel,Hydro engine for water, Vis engine for magic, a Energy cell/MFE for battery powered..

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
dont know about that was thinking of it having a hologram above it that has the sale of the day with a picture of the item and the mod you are referencing do you have a link i can check it out
Do a web search for "minecraft star mall" and you should find it.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Two mods idea i'm interested in:

Finite liquid - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/259303-152-finiteliquid-v593/

Why this isn’t in minecraft already I don’t know

Vehicular craft
– actually build a multi-block factory that you can put resources in and watch as it spins and builds the vehicle for you a gas pump that has an option to charge people to refill their tanks. You have a choice of a 2 door sports car, 4 door generic sedan, no roof car, 2 door truck( can right click and have stuff standing in back) and big wheel truck( 2 verions – one with a flat bed and another that can store liquids). They can be painted, can be manual or auto transmission based on what you put into the multiblock. Engines you put in also change the fuel source…At a combustion engine for fuel,Hydro engine for water, Vis engine for magic, a Energy cell/MFE for battery powered..
Minecraft doesn't have finite liquids (even though the idea has been around for years) because it's a CPU-intensive mod.

As for vehicles, I've been trying to decide how one would build vehicles in Ultratech. I don't know about a single multiblock that does the whole "spin and build" thing, but for basic vehicles like the hovercraft you should be able to make an assembly line of automated construction tables connected by injectors to either conveyors or pneumatic tubes. They wouldn't build the vehicle in place like a real-world assembly line, though. Advanced vehicles like the mega-excavator and piloted mecha would be constructed as multiblocks in-world, sort of like vanilla golems. That said, a new paradigm for making stuff is always welcome if someone can get it working!

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft doesn't have finite liquids (even though the idea has been around for years) because it's a CPU-intensive mod.

As for vehicles, I've been trying to decide how one would build vehicles in Ultratech. I don't know about a single multiblock that does the whole "spin and build" thing, but for basic vehicles like the hovercraft you should be able to make an assembly line of automated construction tables connected by injectors to either conveyors or pneumatic tubes. They wouldn't build the vehicle in place like a real-world assembly line, though. Advanced vehicles like the mega-excavator and piloted mecha would be constructed as multiblocks in-world, sort of like vanilla golems. That said, a new paradigm for making stuff is always welcome if someone can get it working!

The multi block would be mostly visual in the end just a bunch of parts moving around that looks like a assembly factory. Think Steve carts but with an expensive visual component. There's enough mods out there that have mechanical arms and conveyor belts.
This would be like the final machine putting it all together. I've seen several modders go about making gui less and move visual based.
More advanced vehicles way require several more assemble factorys. Eventually making a factory yard.

II3PICP3T3

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm a software student at college currenlty studying C#.Net framework also beginning to look at Javascript and developing mods for minecraft. One idea I had was to make a mod which focuses on water type power generation as well as adding in some tools I was wondering If this has been done before and if not would it be somthing people would like me to develop :D
Thanks for reading

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm a software student at college currenlty studying C#.Net framework also beginning to look at Javascript and developing mods for minecraft. One idea I had was to make a mod which focuses on water type power generation as well as adding in some tools I was wondering If this has been done before and if not would it be somthing people would like me to develop :D
Thanks for reading
There are lots of mods out there that already do water power generation. The most famous examples are the IC2 water mills and the water wheel from Better than Wolves. Unless you're planning on doing a unique twist to water power generation, it's going to become redundant in modded Minecraft at this point.

II3PICP3T3

Jul 29, 2019
I knew that IC2 had a water mill in it but My Idea was to go into water generation much deeper with multiple structures using producing energy