Request Suggest mods for creation here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Water mills (think old school water wheels, just made outta metal) from RotaryCraft might be more up your alley than IC2 watermills. They're not exactly supremely powerful, but they're certainly useful, and require the water to actually fall on to it so it can function.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
One idea that I've been thinking is making a multiblock hydroelectirc plant structure of varying sizes using a combination of turbines, generators, and other things. Using these, players could make a pretty cool and fully functional hydroelectric plant to serve their power needs that is also expandable.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm a software student at college currenlty studying C#.Net framework also beginning to look at Javascript and developing mods for minecraft. One idea I had was to make a mod which focuses on water type power generation as well as adding in some tools I was wondering If this has been done before and if not would it be somthing people would like me to develop :D
Thanks for reading
I can't say as it grabs my attention, but if it's something you want to work on, go for it. You'll probably find that Minecraft modding has fairly little to do with the programming language compared to how important it is to learn the APIs available through Forge. Good luck!

jacksonbarr41

Jul 29, 2019
There needs to be a mod where you can use shears to take the stubs off of cacti and you could use those to make weapons, traps, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just watched a video by SimplySarc about using villagers to automate bread production, and it occurred to me that once 1.8 comes around, a mod that fleshes out the idea of villager automation would be quite amazing. If you are interested in what I'm talking about, here's the link:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Idea: ComputerCraft Addon that adds a decent in-game code editor.

Reasons:
This would be quite useful for a modpack where the owner doesnt want the player to just plain copy pre-made code. I don't use the in-game computercraft editor and just host all my programs on pastebin, but this means that I need to enable pastebin. This mod could also have a config to disable access to the computercraft code via going into the saves/world/computercraft folder, or it could encrypt it.

It might even be useful for a Computer-Craft themed pack for JamPacked where the user needs to come up with their own code for each situation *winks* someone please do it

Reactions: Otho

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Idea: ComputerCraft Addon that adds a decent in-game code editor.

Reasons:
This would be quite useful for a modpack where the owner doesnt want the player to just plain copy pre-made code. I don't use the in-game computercraft editor and just host all my programs on pastebin, but this means that I need to enable pastebin. This mod could also have a config to disable access to the computercraft code via going into the saves/world/computercraft folder, or it could encrypt it.

It might even be useful for a Computer-Craft themed pack for JamPacked where the user needs to come up with their own code for each situation *winks* someone please do it
Actually, a clickable IDE is one of the CC dungeon disks you can find. It does require an advanced computer to use, however.

Reactions: Narc

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, a clickable IDE is one of the CC dungeon disks you can find. It does require an advanced computer to use, however.
I don't mean something on the actual computer itself. I mean a full proper editor that isnt limited to the resolution of the Computercraft computer screen

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean something on the actual computer itself. I mean a full proper editor that isnt limited to the resolution of the Computercraft computer screen
Oh! You mean an out-of-game Lua IDE for your actual computer, that then produces a file you can put on your in-game CC computer?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
still in-game... just not on the ComputerCraft computer.
Oh. How about instead of that, a programming language made of puzzle pieces, like Scratch or the way Pneumaticraft drones are programmed?

Alternately, a whole different kind of CC interface, with a much larger GUI that still lets you type into it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
still in-game... just not on the ComputerCraft computer.

you do realize that you can write the code in any editor and save it to a file, then drop that file into a specific folder to have that program be in every world, on every cc computer/turtle without having to rewrite it every time.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
you do realize that you can write the code in any editor and save it to a file, then drop that file into a specific folder to have that program be in every world, on every cc computer/turtle without having to rewrite it every time.
what I am saying is, that a mod disables the ability to drop the file into the folder so no-one can write code outside the game. It would be useful for a ComputerCraft map that you don't want pre-made code written in. But yeah, I always write outside of the game

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking on making a mod with an inbuilt server so you could connect to the server and have an in-browser editor (like this) to avoid the cycle of having to re-upload (oh, don't forget to delete the one you had) once you edit with a more powerful editor.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe link Dropbox to your CC programs folder, somehow? Edit the code using anything, edit it from damn near anywhere, and have the changes available immediately. Well, unless CC caches your available programs at startup and only updates the cache when they're changed in-game...dunno how that works, exactly.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Dropbox is closed source and would probably be hard to implement properly as well as open to exploitation (link a dropbox to the server that contains a not-very-nice folder (e.g. large files) and dropbox will mirror it.)

I was thinking of a one-time password from minecraft to login to the web interface, to avoid having to deal with minecraft auth. In 1.7 it could be provided as a click-able link.