Request Suggest mods for creation here

fire golem

Jul 29, 2019
Make mod about making survival Harder I mean A lot nearly impossible too live one day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live 30 days or Die! DJ on the beat!
PHP:
Argument "Start" Minecraft
Minecraft Link:Crash;Fire
Code play :885784737576385747586458577585647574674647746474665674637756475646457467564756474646764574647489765444101010101000304874636255266666666666633637626211gb345hGg4g4gg565556ggggfgGKJOOIJGfdsx6t74774!@677&7

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Make mod about making survival Harder I mean A lot nearly impossible too live one day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP:
Code play :885784737576385747586458577585647574674647746474665674637756475646457467564756474646764574647489765444101010101000304874636255266666666666633637626211gb345hGg4g4gg565556ggggfgGKJOOIJGfdsx6t74774!@677&7
Uh huh. You know, SethBling wrote a filter called "The Floor is Lava" which replaces all dirt blocks on the surface of the world with lava. Also, there are multiple popular mods with a Happy Fun Mode or April Fools event in them. Imagine logging into your world, all trees are made of netherrack and stone, the ground is made of lava, you're on fire, and all the water nearby is packed ice instead. You don't even have to make the mobs tougher or more damaging.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
PHP:

Better than Wolves, Magic Farm and Blood n Bones...

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mod suggestion as well. Not a tech one. Not even a magic suggestion. Instead, how about actual cooking when it comes to making food? Agriculture and Pam's HarvestCraft do this somewhat well, but I want a more inventive way of getting my steak with a side of loaded baked potatoes.

When it comes to cooking ANYTHING food related in a vanilla furnace, the results would be unpredictable, from not cooking at all to getting burnt or overcooked, with the rare chance of being well done. Burnt food would be less appealing and fill up less of the hunger bar.

Instead, what you need to do is make a multiblock oven (unless you've got some silly furniture mod that adds their own version of ovens that are compatible with said food mods.), which wouldn't be some big cube but something configurable. It'd need some sort of heat source at the bottom mostly or completely concealed so the heat cannot escape, a door/latch to put things in and take things out, and something to ventilate the heat from the top. Ideally, it would probably have to be built mainly from clay bricks, and the size of the oven (hollow in the center as well, only one layer unless there could be like, racks/grates to separate them) determines the amount of things you can put in, the number of empty spaces equivalent to the number of slots it'd have interface or not. Food has different requirements, but they're broad, most meats cook at the same temp and time required to cook, pastries and other bake goods the same, etc.

They could also have stoves/grills for the foods that'd sensibly need them to cook as well, and may also be set up to be automated with timers and extraction/importing things to an extent.

Fridges would be a requirement, otherwise most foods would rot (again, only when it's practical). The fridges could require ice or snow blocks to keep things cool at first but could have like, energy upgrades (same for the oven) that allows them to take EU/RF/MJ/watts/whatever to operate. And they'd have a double-chest's worth of storage but only food can be put into them, fridges do I mean anyway.

Also for other ways of food preparation, I imagine that that new motion-command mod could come in handy with like cutting things up/mixing things/etc. ouo
There'd also be no need to introduce new foods, it'd just be a food-mod-friendly thing. It'd be sort of pointless anyway with a lack of food mods, like Spice of Life or Hunger Overhaul, but still a nice way to avoid loads of crafting behind a crafting table.

Reactions: 1SDAN

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mod suggestion as well. Not a tech one. Not even a magic suggestion. Instead, how about actual cooking when it comes to making food? Agriculture and Pam's HarvestCraft do this somewhat well, but I want a more inventive way of getting my steak with a side of loaded baked potatoes.

When it comes to cooking ANYTHING food related in a vanilla furnace, the results would be unpredictable, from not cooking at all to getting burnt or overcooked, with the rare chance of being well done. Burnt food would be less appealing and fill up less of the hunger bar.

Instead, what you need to do is make a multiblock oven (unless you've got some silly furniture mod that adds their own version of ovens that are compatible with said food mods.), which wouldn't be some big cube but something configurable. It'd need some sort of heat source at the bottom mostly or completely concealed so the heat cannot escape, a door/latch to put things in and take things out, and something to ventilate the heat from the top. Ideally, it would probably have to be built mainly from clay bricks, and the size of the oven (hollow in the center as well, only one layer unless there could be like, racks/grates to separate them) determines the amount of things you can put in, the number of empty spaces equivalent to the number of slots it'd have interface or not. Food has different requirements, but they're broad, most meats cook at the same temp and time required to cook, pastries and other bake goods the same, etc.

They could also have stoves/grills for the foods that'd sensibly need them to cook as well, and may also be set up to be automated with timers and extraction/importing things to an extent.

Fridges would be a requirement, otherwise most foods would rot (again, only when it's practical). The fridges could require ice or snow blocks to keep things cool at first but could have like, energy upgrades (same for the oven) that allows them to take EU/RF/MJ/watts/whatever to operate. And they'd have a double-chest's worth of storage but only food can be put into them, fridges do I mean anyway.

Also for other ways of food preparation, I imagine that that new motion-command mod could come in handy with like cutting things up/mixing things/etc. ouo
There'd also be no need to introduce new foods, it'd just be a food-mod-friendly thing. It'd be sort of pointless anyway with a lack of food mods, like Spice of Life or Hunger Overhaul, but still a nice way to avoid loads of crafting behind a crafting table.

I think you've got a pretty good concept here as we don't seem to get a lot of good cooking mods in modded Minecraft as we do tech mods, magic mods, and general micellanous mods. However, there are some things I'd like to put my two cents on:

1. I dislike the idea of the outcomes of cooking food to have unpredictable results as I'm sure that's not how cooking actually works and it would just be annoying and unfun for the players. However, I still like the idea of the possibility of food getting burnt or overcooked. Burnt food will fill up less hunger like you suggested before, but it should also taste so terrible it will give you nausea I or higher.

2. I would like your mod to have decent ways to allow players to automate food production. In agriculture and Pam's Harvestcraft, players could cook food without burning them and make complex recipes, but there isn't currently an easy way to automate the whole thing. For example, I think your multiblock oven should be a fully-mechanized oven that can be configured with with racks, grills, rollers, rotisirees, and I/O ports that will allow for different levels of automation and will cook food evenly and dump them into an adjacent inventory when finished. Players could hook the oven up to their AE or logistic pipe network to automatically cook and send food into their sorting system.

3. There isn't a spoilage mechanic in Minecraft, but I think that both the fridge and freezer would be useful for keeping cold foods like ice cream cold and also aid in production of certain other foods.

4. Again, I would like to see some machines that will aid in automated mass-production of valuable foods.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

1. He was talking about vanilla furnaces ONLY.
  2. YES
  3. It was done before: TFC and IIRC Hunger overhaul or TiCon, can't remember which.... Blood n Bones uses it (or used to at least)
  4. Hayden Agrees 100% (Inside joke, my name is not Hayden)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Another related feature comes from GregTech, which has done some really interesting things with ore generation lately---instead of ores being sprinkled about the world, they appear in much larger veins, but fewer and farther apart. In addition to being more "real-world realistic", it's robustly configurable and adds a lot more value to caving/exploration over simply setting up a quarry: Once you spot an ore, you can be sure you'll find plenty more behind/around it... whereas a quarry will have variable and unpredictable output (e.g. a TON of redstone... but no Iron, or vice-versa, depending on the veins it hits).

Custom Ore Generation, Better Ore Distribution, GeoCraft -- all of these have some form of this very thing (change how ores are distributed for grouping).

I use COG; there's a ton of configurability for it.

EDIT: GeoCraft, not GeoStrata. Sorry, wrong ground mod.

Last edited:

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've got a pretty good concept here as we don't seem to get a lot of good cooking mods in modded Minecraft as we do tech mods, magic mods, and general micellanous mods. However, there are some things I'd like to put my two cents on:

1. I dislike the idea of the outcomes of cooking food to have unpredictable results as I'm sure that's not how cooking actually works and it would just be annoying and unfun for the players. However, I still like the idea of the possibility of food getting burnt or overcooked. Burnt food will fill up less hunger like you suggested before, but it should also taste so terrible it will give you nausea I or higher.

2. I would like your mod to have decent ways to allow players to automate food production. In agriculture and Pam's Harvestcraft, players could cook food without burning them and make complex recipes, but there isn't currently an easy way to automate the whole thing. For example, I think your multiblock oven should be a fully-mechanized oven that can be configured with with racks, grills, rollers, rotisirees, and I/O ports that will allow for different levels of automation and will cook food evenly and dump them into an adjacent inventory when finished. Players could hook the oven up to their AE or logistic pipe network to automatically cook and send food into their sorting system.

3. There isn't a spoilage mechanic in Minecraft, but I think that both the fridge and freezer would be useful for keeping cold foods like ice cream cold and also aid in production of certain other foods.

4. Again, I would like to see some machines that will aid in automated mass-production of valuable foods.
In the factory module for Ultratech (non-Steampunk-focused factory automation), I've been planning a "process oven" and "blast chiller". These would be hollow multiblock machines of variable size, with conveyors inside (you could have a tall oven, a long one, whatever). Materials are fed onto and pulled off the conveyors, and as long as you meet the minimum length for a given process (so much heat added/removed per block traveled) you can leave your work on the conveyor as long as you like (yes, I'll let you make infinite conveyor loops in there). I could easily change that for things like food, so that too much heat eventually burns it to charcoal and/or ash.

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Name: Advanced Agriculture

Alright since i dont see a 'modern' mod that adds in the more advance concepts of Agriculture, I'd figure I throw this one I have been having jostled around my brain for a while.

Do you ever wonder how long it takes for crops to grow in minecraft? 37 minutes? Don't you wish you had some way of making them faster without using up so much bonemeal or fertilizer? Don't you want them to yield more than they currently do? Do you want orchard trees that are conventiently small and don't require you to climb a stool? Are you stranded on some island in the sky without dirt but have tons of gravel, sand, and obisidian or stuck in a drought?

Well here is a few basic concepts that the idea behind this mod introduces.

Hydroponics Using water and tubes, along with a couple tubs, you can create an efficient system where you can yield more crops and control the growth of your crops using very little resources yet usage of a lot of water. You could also introduce an Aggregate medium in the tubes/rails that hooked up to your system such as gravel which is a good dirt substitute, sand which unfortunately is one time use, and obsidian which helps your crops yield double the amount, or if you have wool or rockwool you don't know what do with. The best part about this type of system is the fact that one bone meal can help increase the growth of a 3x3 section of your Hydrophonic system. Example, you have 9x9 system of tubes, it would only 9 bonemeal/fertilizer to up the growth of your crops that would normally take 81 piece of bonemeal.

Aeroponics Like Hydroponics, this uses water with the exception that it doesnt use tubes, instead you have rails/trays that allow for a more space efficient system that turns 1 block space into 3x3 farm space via GUI. Sadly you cannot use aggregates but fortunately, this system yields more seeds for something such as Bioreactor, then definitely look to this type of system because when a seed is place in a tray/rail, it will propogate to the empty slots and to other rails/trays adjacent. Another drawback yet upside is the fact that the Aeroponics system requires Formula, essentially liquid fertilizer made from various things, that is made in the Formulalizer that just requires water as solution base, power to mix the solution and the nutrients which are things such as Bonemeal, Rotten flesh, Iron Dust, Nickel dust, and copper dust that also can be used in a hydroponic system

Cloning Well not cloning in the sense that you will be replicating yourself but rather specific seeds AND saplings in special trays. Inserting a seed or sapling into an Aeroponic tray/rail will cause it to be cloned/duplicated, while seeds will grow normally, saplings wont grow until you plant them into the suitable medium. this is excellent if you have specific strands of Tree or sapling that is rather hard to come by, even the elusive silverwood sapling and the greatwood but I warn you, sapling cloning does take a while.

Dwarfing No, you are not getting turned into Honeydew, Dwarfing is where you take a sapling and plant in smaller space than it is accustomed to via grafting and what not through the usage of special brick pots. Orchard Trees when dwarfed will have their fruits grow twice as fast, namely trees from Pam's harvest craft but some might find it useful to have a mini silverwood to carry around. Dwarf Trees can be transplanted from their pots into the wilderness or your garden, along with conveniently relocating the pot to another spot.

Grow-lights Tired of dealing with lamps of growth? Well look no more because now you can make Grow-lights that easy to make but require a bit of power to run in order for your crops to grow even faster. These Growlights when placed above and in proximity of a plant will increase its rate of growth, regardless if it is growing the old fashioned way or in your Advanced farming systems. I hope you have a stable solar power system because if you are running entire rows of these, better have a reactor...

Greenhouses Now at this point you are thinking, where the heck am i going to put all of this stuff when I run out of space, a Greenhouse thats where. A greenhouse is a hollow multiblock structure that again enables faster growth of plants, including ones in your hydrophonic and aeroponic systems, they can be as small as a 3x3 space or as large as you need them to be. Fair warning though, if you don't make vents, the greenhouse gases may get trapped then turn the atmosphere in your greenhouse deadly to you. Now if one was clever enough, they could possible use the gas vented to generate power via some sort of turbine...

Now that there is another drawback to the farming systems, you wouldn't be able to grow melons or Pumpkins unless someone IRL has done that before to make mini melons or mini pumpkins.

i would love to see this out there in the modpacks and have this Mod be compatible with Thermal expansion, Big Reactors, Thaumcraft, Forestry, Pam's Harvestcraft, and Minefactory reloaded since Plastic is something that I want to see heavily used for crafting stuff in this mod.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Name: Advanced Agriculture

Alright since i dont see a 'modern' mod that adds in the more advance concepts of Agriculture, I'd figure I throw this one I have been having jostled around my brain for a while.

Do you ever wonder how long it takes for crops to grow in minecraft? 37 minutes? Don't you wish you had some way of making them faster without using up so much bonemeal or fertilizer? Don't you want them to yield more than they currently do? Do you want orchard trees that are conventiently small and don't require you to climb a stool? Are you stranded on some island in the sky without dirt but have tons of gravel, sand, and obisidian or stuck in a drought?

Well here is a few basic concepts that the idea behind this mod introduces.

Hydroponics Using water and tubes, along with a couple tubs, you can create an efficient system where you can yield more crops and control the growth of your crops using very little resources yet usage of a lot of water. You could also introduce an Aggregate medium in the tubes/rails that hooked up to your system such as gravel which is a good dirt substitute, sand which unfortunately is one time use, and obsidian which helps your crops yield double the amount, or if you have wool or rockwool you don't know what do with. The best part about this type of system is the fact that one bone meal can help increase the growth of a 3x3 section of your Hydrophonic system. Example, you have 9x9 system of tubes, it would only 9 bonemeal/fertilizer to up the growth of your crops that would normally take 81 piece of bonemeal.

Aeroponics Like Hydroponics, this uses water with the exception that it doesnt use tubes, instead you have rails/trays that allow for a more space efficient system that turns 1 block space into 3x3 farm space via GUI. Sadly you cannot use aggregates but fortunately, this system yields more seeds for something such as Bioreactor, then definitely look to this type of system because when a seed is place in a tray/rail, it will propogate to the empty slots and to other rails/trays adjacent. Another drawback yet upside is the fact that the Aeroponics system requires Formula, essentially liquid fertilizer made from various things, that is made in the Formulalizer that just requires water as solution base, power to mix the solution and the nutrients which are things such as Bonemeal, Rotten flesh, Iron Dust, Nickel dust, and copper dust that also can be used in a hydroponic system

Cloning Well not cloning in the sense that you will be replicating yourself but rather specific seeds AND saplings in special trays. Inserting a seed or sapling into an Aeroponic tray/rail will cause it to be cloned/duplicated, while seeds will grow normally, saplings wont grow until you plant them into the suitable medium. this is excellent if you have specific strands of Tree or sapling that is rather hard to come by, even the elusive silverwood sapling and the greatwood but I warn you, sapling cloning does take a while.

Dwarfing No, you are not getting turned into Honeydew, Dwarfing is where you take a sapling and plant in smaller space than it is accustomed to via grafting and what not through the usage of special brick pots. Orchard Trees when dwarfed will have their fruits grow twice as fast, namely trees from Pam's harvest craft but some might find it useful to have a mini silverwood to carry around. Dwarf Trees can be transplanted from their pots into the wilderness or your garden, along with conveniently relocating the pot to another spot.

Grow-lights Tired of dealing with lamps of growth? Well look no more because now you can make Grow-lights that easy to make but require a bit of power to run in order for your crops to grow even faster. These Growlights when placed above and in proximity of a plant will increase its rate of growth, regardless if it is growing the old fashioned way or in your Advanced farming systems. I hope you have a stable solar power system because if you are running entire rows of these, better have a reactor...

Greenhouses Now at this point you are thinking, where the heck am i going to put all of this stuff when I run out of space, a Greenhouse thats where. A greenhouse is a hollow multiblock structure that again enables faster growth of plants, including ones in your hydrophonic and aeroponic systems, they can be as small as a 3x3 space or as large as you need them to be. Fair warning though, if you don't make vents, the greenhouse gases may get trapped then turn the atmosphere in your greenhouse deadly to you. Now if one was clever enough, they could possible use the gas vented to generate power via some sort of turbine...

Now that there is another drawback to the farming systems, you wouldn't be able to grow melons or Pumpkins unless someone IRL has done that before to make mini melons or mini pumpkins.

i would love to see this out there in the modpacks and have this Mod be compatible with Thermal expansion, Big Reactors, Thaumcraft, Forestry, Pam's Harvestcraft, and Minefactory reloaded since Plastic is something that I want to see heavily used for crafting stuff in this mod.

Okay, now that's just annoying.

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds different types of weather.
Clear skies: normal Minecraft with no rain.
Light rain: a small amount of rain particles but not as much as normal rain.
Heavy rain:normal rain.
Hail: adds small hail particles on the ground with a chance of taking small damage if hit by a large hail particle
Snow:normal snow.
Windy: projectiles move slightly with the wind.
Storm:like normal lightning.
Snow storm:lots of snow and wind that spawns snow faster and can stack snow so you would get 2 layers of snow if the snow spawned where snow is already. Max snow level 3 or 4 so stuff doesn't get totally covered.

The weathers could happen in any biome just diff biomes have diff chances of that weather happening.
Snow biomes would have a higher chance of snow or snow storm and a plains biome would have a lower chance of snow or snow storm but still a chance.
Extreme hills:
Clear:normal
LR:normal
HR:normal
HAIL:normal
SNOW:above normal
WIND: high
STORM:normal
SS:above normal

Plains:
SNOW:under normal
WIND:normal
STORM:above normal
SS:low

Snow:
LR:under normal
HR: under normal
HAIL:above normal
SNOW:high

Jungle:
LR:above normal
HR: above Normal

Desert:
Clear:high
LR:low
HR:above normal (at night). normal (at day)
HAIL:under normal
SNOW:very low
STORM:under normal
SS:Very very low

Swamp:
Clear:under normal

Normal chance:
Clear:30%
LR:20%
HR:15%
HAIL:5%
SNOW:4%
WIND:10%
STORM:15%
SS:1%
Or something like that
So there is diff weathers and diff biomes have diff chances.

Last edited:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds different types of weather.
Clear skies: normal Minecraft with no rain.
Light rain: a small amount of rain particles but not as much as normal rain.
Heavy rain:normal rain.
Hail: adds small hail particles on the ground with a chance of taking small damage if hit by a large hail particle
Snow:normal snow.
Windy: projectiles move slightly with the wind.
Storm:like normal lightning.
Snow storm:lots of snow and wind that spawns snow faster and can stack snow so you would get 2 layers of snow if the snow spawned where snow is already. Max snow level 3 or 4 so stuff doesn't get totally covered.

The weathers could happen in any biome just diff biomes have diff chances of that weather happening.
Snow biomes would have a higher chance of snow or snow storm and a plains biome would have a lower chance of snow or snow storm but still a chance.
Extreme hills:
SNOW:above normal
WIND: high

Plains:
STORM:above normal

Snow:
LR:under normal
HR: under normal
HAIL:above normal
SNOW:high

Jungle:
HR: above Normal

Desert:
Clear:high
LR:low
HR:above normal (at night). normal (at day)
SNOW:very low
SS:Very very low

Swamp:
Clear:under normal

Normal chance:
Clear:30%
LR:20%
HR:15%
HAIL:5%
SNOW:4%
WIND:10%
STORM:15%
SS:1%
Or something like that
So there is diff weathers and diff biomes have diff chances.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...272336-june-27th-coros-mods-localized-weather

Reactions: herobrinejr59