Request Suggest mods for creation here

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty much what it is?
But the snow storm will make layers of snow so it's thick snow and the hail can damage sometimes it does subtle changes mostly. There is to many tornado mods and tbh I would want the weary mod idea I thought of in my world more than a tornado mod because I don't want my home to be cut in half or something.

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
Theres only 1 tornado mod. That guy just updated his tornado mod for weather.
There are lots of tornado mods or mods that add tornados.
Tornados
Weathers
Tropicraft
Disaster

Idk all of them or if those are the correct names and I'm not listing every one. Top many

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
it just requires coros's tornado mod, but the tornado mod doesn't need tropicraft. so tropicraft needs tornadoes/weather, but the tornado/weather mod is not a part of tropicraft.

Reactions: herobrinejr59

psp

Jul 29, 2019
There are lots of tornado mods or mods that add tornados.
Tornados
Weathers
Tropicraft
Disaster

Idk all of them or if those are the correct names and I'm not listing every one. Top many
Tornados and weather are the same thing and then what he said ^ and diasters isnt a mod from what ive found? link plz?

Reactions: herobrinejr59

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Name: Advanced Agriculture

Alright since i dont see a 'modern' mod that adds in the more advance concepts of Agriculture, I'd figure I throw this one I have been having jostled around my brain for a while.

Do you ever wonder how long it takes for crops to grow in minecraft? 37 minutes? Don't you wish you had some way of making them faster without using up so much bonemeal or fertilizer? Don't you want them to yield more than they currently do? Do you want orchard trees that are conventiently small and don't require you to climb a stool? Are you stranded on some island in the sky without dirt but have tons of gravel, sand, and obisidian or stuck in a drought?

Well here is a few basic concepts that the idea behind this mod introduces.

Hydroponics Using water and tubes, along with a couple tubs, you can create an efficient system where you can yield more crops and control the growth of your crops using very little resources yet usage of a lot of water. You could also introduce an Aggregate medium in the tubes/rails that hooked up to your system such as gravel which is a good dirt substitute, sand which unfortunately is one time use, and obsidian which helps your crops yield double the amount, or if you have wool or rockwool you don't know what do with. The best part about this type of system is the fact that one bone meal can help increase the growth of a 3x3 section of your Hydrophonic system. Example, you have 9x9 system of tubes, it would only 9 bonemeal/fertilizer to up the growth of your crops that would normally take 81 piece of bonemeal.

Aeroponics Like Hydroponics, this uses water with the exception that it doesnt use tubes, instead you have rails/trays that allow for a more space efficient system that turns 1 block space into 3x3 farm space via GUI. Sadly you cannot use aggregates but fortunately, this system yields more seeds for something such as Bioreactor, then definitely look to this type of system because when a seed is place in a tray/rail, it will propogate to the empty slots and to other rails/trays adjacent. Another drawback yet upside is the fact that the Aeroponics system requires Formula, essentially liquid fertilizer made from various things, that is made in the Formulalizer that just requires water as solution base, power to mix the solution and the nutrients which are things such as Bonemeal, Rotten flesh, Iron Dust, Nickel dust, and copper dust that also can be used in a hydroponic system

Cloning Well not cloning in the sense that you will be replicating yourself but rather specific seeds AND saplings in special trays. Inserting a seed or sapling into an Aeroponic tray/rail will cause it to be cloned/duplicated, while seeds will grow normally, saplings wont grow until you plant them into the suitable medium. this is excellent if you have specific strands of Tree or sapling that is rather hard to come by, even the elusive silverwood sapling and the greatwood but I warn you, sapling cloning does take a while.

Dwarfing No, you are not getting turned into Honeydew, Dwarfing is where you take a sapling and plant in smaller space than it is accustomed to via grafting and what not through the usage of special brick pots. Orchard Trees when dwarfed will have their fruits grow twice as fast, namely trees from Pam's harvest craft but some might find it useful to have a mini silverwood to carry around. Dwarf Trees can be transplanted from their pots into the wilderness or your garden, along with conveniently relocating the pot to another spot.

Grow-lights Tired of dealing with lamps of growth? Well look no more because now you can make Grow-lights that easy to make but require a bit of power to run in order for your crops to grow even faster. These Growlights when placed above and in proximity of a plant will increase its rate of growth, regardless if it is growing the old fashioned way or in your Advanced farming systems. I hope you have a stable solar power system because if you are running entire rows of these, better have a reactor...

Greenhouses Now at this point you are thinking, where the heck am i going to put all of this stuff when I run out of space, a Greenhouse thats where. A greenhouse is a hollow multiblock structure that again enables faster growth of plants, including ones in your hydrophonic and aeroponic systems, they can be as small as a 3x3 space or as large as you need them to be. Fair warning though, if you don't make vents, the greenhouse gases may get trapped then turn the atmosphere in your greenhouse deadly to you. Now if one was clever enough, they could possible use the gas vented to generate power via some sort of turbine...

Now that there is another drawback to the farming systems, you wouldn't be able to grow melons or Pumpkins unless someone IRL has done that before to make mini melons or mini pumpkins.

i would love to see this out there in the modpacks and have this Mod be compatible with Thermal expansion, Big Reactors, Thaumcraft, Forestry, Pam's Harvestcraft, and Minefactory reloaded since Plastic is something that I want to see heavily used for crafting stuff in this mod.
To clarify 1SDAN's statement: You've outlined a full mod, but neglected to add enough room for creativity to catch a programmer interested in working on this project. Are you sure you don't want to learn how to make this mod you'd like to see?

Also, greenhouses don't produce "greenhouse gases", they produce relatively clean but hot and humid air. Greenhouse gases got that name because they insulate and hold heat in Earth's atmosphere, acting like the enclosing panes of a greenhouse. Vents (and sometimes fans) in an actual greenhouse are for internal temperature regulation.

Reactions: 1SDAN

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
Tornados and weather are the same thing and then what he said ^ and diasters isnt a mod from what ive found? link plz?
Idk the name but I've seen a mod that adds earthquake volcano tornado and other things[DOUBLEPOST=1405056261][/DOUBLEPOST]A good mod would be a mod that adds blood, blood and more blood. Get hurt= blood. Die= blood. Sleep=blood. Eating=blood. Go to the nether/end= blood. Bleed=blood.
Blood=blood.
Bleeding=bleeding blood.
Bleeding blood=more bleeding.
Blood
Blood
Blood
Blood

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Idk the name but I've seen a mod that adds earthquake volcano tornado and other things[DOUBLEPOST=1405056261][/DOUBLEPOST]A good mod would be a mod that adds blood, blood and more blood. Get hurt= blood. Die= blood. Sleep=blood. Eating=blood. Go to the nether/end= blood. Bleed=blood.
Blood=blood.
Bleeding=bleeding blood.
Blood
Blood
Blood
Blood
@Gideonseymour ? Running Red...not really a mod, but...

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Scopius

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a mod that added turn based combat to Minecraft. A mob goes hostile, and the game pauses, allowing you time to summon creatures, cast spells, get into a flanking position, etc. Dice rolls would be cool too. I like dice rolls.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I think minecraft is way too heavy into random encounters to effectively use this. (outside of maps, of course, but maps can do anything)

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Blood=blood.
Bleeding=bleeding blood.
Blood
Blood
Blood
Blood
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...mods/wip-mods/1445481-forge-wip-nature-reborn
Thats the mod that adds natural disasters but it is beyond laggy for me and i get extreme latency on ssp worlds when generating new terrain.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@Gideonseymour ? Running Red...not really a mod, but...
Actually.... I've been thinking about a mod that sort of works with blood. An add-on to BM, probably.

Basically, it would work about the way that normal blood works, meaning that
  • Yes, you would regenerate your health
  • But, if you run out of blood in your system, you can't regenerate
  • You can only regenerate blood if you are healthy, i.e., not starving
  • The more bars of hunger you have, the faster your body makes blood
  • So one bar of hunger would regenerate blood slowly,
  • but having yourself completely full would regenerate blood the fastest
  • So instead of having your health regenerate, you have a pool of blood in your system that would drain when you regenerate health, and would fill at a slower pace when you have full hunger.
  • In this way, when you used a sacrificial knife, you would drain the blood from your pool instead of your health

• Along with this, there could be infected blood with viruses
  • Getting bit by a zombie, f'rinstance, could inflict a virus
  • People could have Blood Types (AB is the best), and transfuse blood to others in emergencies
  • Obviously infusing the wrong type of blood would make bad stuff happen
  • Transfused blood could move viruses as well
There's more ideas I have, but that's just the sort of mod I would like

Blasphemy, but @Gideonseymour liked it :eek:
I just saw the word Blood, so there you go :p

Reactions: Kill-Joy and 1SDAN

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea for adding additional enchantments/debuffs that's not so much a mod itself but an addition to vanilla Minecraft and/or existing Minecraft mods.

Here's a list for additional enchantments/debuffs I'd like to see in Minecraft somehow
Bleeding: Sharp weapons will have a variable chance to inflict additional damage that will last for a variable amount of seconds. It is possible for players or enemies to die from bleeding out.
Frost Aspect: Weapons that are enchanted with the frost aspect will cause enemies the player attacks to take freezing damage that will also slow their movements. The player can eventually freeze enemies that are on low health and then shatter them.
Confusion: A player that is hit with something that contains the confusion debuff will suffer from having his/her screen warped and controls reversed. Will only last a variable amount of time depending on the level of the debuff.
Slag: Inspired by Borderlands, this works very differently from all the other debuffs. This won't do anything by itself, but it will amplify the damage dealt to players/enemies from all other enchantments/debuffs. For example, if the player hits a zombie with an item enchanted with slag, then he/she switches out to an item with fire aspect, he/she can cause additional damage from fire to his/her target.
Electric Aspect: This enchantment works two ways: If it is applied to a weapon, it will not only cause additional damage to the player's target, but it will also arc to additional entities around the players target and damage them in the process. Really handy if the player wants to take on a horde of Zombie Pigmen. If the enchant is applied to armor, it will damage any enemies that attack the player similar to thorns, but it will also arc to other entities as well.

Reactions: the_j485 and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify 1SDAN's statement: You've outlined a full mod, but neglected to add enough room for creativity to catch a programmer interested in working on this project. Are you sure you don't want to learn how to make this mod you'd like to see?

Also, greenhouses don't produce "greenhouse gases", they produce relatively clean but hot and humid air. Greenhouse gases got that name because they insulate and hold heat in Earth's atmosphere, acting like the enclosing panes of a greenhouse. Vents (and sometimes fans) in an actual greenhouse are for internal temperature regulation.

No, I was just saying it's annoying to post the same idea 3 times. 2 links and one straight copy/paste.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I know about the thaumcraft builders wand feature that lets you swap blocks for other blocks. How about this as a more common feature? Thru enchant or whatever get it so while holding shit you can replace the last few blocks you have mined with others in your inventory. So useful for cavern bases with uniform walls. Even TiCo maybe throw an ender eye on a pick or shovel for this effect.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I know about the thaumcraft builders wand feature that lets you swap blocks for other blocks. How about this as a more common feature? Thru enchant or whatever get it so while holding shit you can replace the last few blocks you have mined with others in your inventory. So useful for cavern bases with uniform walls. Even TiCo maybe throw an ender eye on a pick or shovel for this effect.

You mean, the equals trade focus? The Builder's Wand is a completely different tool, by Extra Utilities.

Reactions: buggirlexpres