Request Suggest mods for creation here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Pretty much, only I don't think it takes away positive status effects. If I remember correctly, Milk Buckets take away things like Water Breathing and Fire Resistance.
Well, yeah. That takes away everything :) ALL status effects, good and bad. But, if it was a matter of having key ingredients for making certain types of spells, so a fire charge for a fireball, a spiders eye for poison etc, then I think a bucket of milk would make sense in that context.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'd love to see an add-on for Botania that added a dreamwood avatar. It should be able to hold three items, like one rod and a stack of blocks, or two rods, and the third slot on the head for whitelisting/instructions. Make it craftable with four regular dreamwood, one glimmering one (for the head) and a Gaia spirit. Give it the ability to hold buckets (extrapolated or regular), the Rod of the Shifting Crust (RotSC), a Wand of the Forest (WotF), or drop items. In my mind, it would have a hidden mana buffer that must be filled to perform any action, and after each action, it would empty (the buffer would be the size of a Gaia spreader's burst). It could right-click or left-click.

For an example use, it could be placed near a pure daisy, hold a RotSC, a Rod of the Lands, and be instructed to turn obsidian into dirt. A rannuncarups places a blaze lamp (pulse 2), the daisy turns it into obsidian (no block update), and the avatar turns it into dirt (pulse 3). An observer block checks each update, causing a pulse spreader to increment a hovering hourglass with mana powder. This then triggers a pulse spreader with a bore lens to break the dirt (pulse 1), and the cycle repeats.

Other than that, I'd also like to see a Gaia-spirit-ingot-bucket that, when linked in a set of eight with pixie dust in the middle, acts like RFtool's powercells, but for liquids, and only up to eight buckets worth. Fill one at an infinite water source, and the others linked to that one get access to that water.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Well, yeah. That takes away everything :) ALL status effects, good and bad. But, if it was a matter of having key ingredients for making certain types of spells, so a fire charge for a fireball, a spiders eye for poison etc, then I think a bucket of milk would make sense in that context.
Yeah, I was making obvious references to Final Fantasy when I was thinking of the names Esuna and Toad. Also, thanks to you and OniyaMCD for pointing out the bucket of milk takes away ALL status effects. I forgot that was a thing. That gives me an idea. I think that Esuna/Remedy should be a potion you can brew and it takes away only negative status effects. Finally, I think for the special negative status effects like toad and stone/petrify, the player should craft some special curative potions/items like Maiden's Kiss and Golden Needle respectively, which is again, taking inspiration from Final Fantasy. This way, it wouldn't make the Bucket o' Milk and Remedy the End-All-Be-All for curative items.

C

Camdaman21339

Quantized machines mod
I would like to see a mod for lag free machines, like the quantum quarry from extra utilities 2. These machines would simulate a multi lock, like a farm, execept you would just pump in the requirements and pump out the profits, no lag of constantly building and chopping down in a tree farm.For example, farms can cause massive lag, so instead the quantum farm!
-quantum crop farm
It would be crafted with ender pearls, a farming station from ender io or a planter and harvester from mfr or industrial foregoing. You could then put range extenders in it to increase the yield. Also it would be able to accept a watering can from extra utilities, or thermal cultivation, it would then increase its rate to as if you were there watering it. In the GUI a player could specify what to grow, and I would hope that there would be compatibility for mystical agriculture and maybe Pam’s harvest craft.(would require power of course)
-Quantum tree farm
Sam thing as Quantum crop farm, except for trees.
-Quantum wither farm
I’m not quite sure what to craft it with, but pump in soul sand and wither skeleton heads, xp and nether stars come out.
-Quantum mob farm
Place a sword(or spikes from extra utilities) and som sort of mob containment unit(golden/ cursed lasso, florb,etc.) and those mobs drops would be pumped out. This would be one of the only farms that dont require power.
-Quantum animal farm. Same thing as mob farm except for peaceful animals.
Suggestions are welcome!

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Quantized machines mod
I would like to see a mod for lag free machines, like the quantum quarry from extra utilities 2. These machines would simulate a multi lock, like a farm, execept you would just pump in the requirements and pump out the profits, no lag of constantly building and chopping down in a tree farm.For example, farms can cause massive lag, so instead the quantum farm!
-quantum crop farm
It would be crafted with ender pearls, a farming station from ender io or a planter and harvester from mfr or industrial foregoing. You could then put range extenders in it to increase the yield. Also it would be able to accept a watering can from extra utilities, or thermal cultivation, it would then increase its rate to as if you were there watering it. In the GUI a player could specify what to grow, and I would hope that there would be compatibility for mystical agriculture and maybe Pam’s harvest craft.(would require power of course)
-Quantum tree farm
-Quantum wither farm
I’m not quite sure what to craft it with, but pump in soul sand and wither skeleton heads, xp and nether stars come out.
-Quantum mob farm
Place a sword(or spikes from extra utilities) and som sort of mob containment unit(golden/ cursed lasso, florb,etc.) and those mobs drops would be pumped out. This would be one of the only farms that dont require power.
Suggestions are welcome!

those are great suggestions but the quarry isn't lag free. It creates a physical dimension to mine.
https://i.imgur.com/Q84nFU6.png
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/57we8b/discussion_i_personally_find_the_new_extra/

that's why it's banned on many servers. from what I understand (unless he's recently changed it) it loads the chunk it's mining, physically mines it, causes block updates, etc. But I do like the idea of the animal farm etc.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Quantized machines mod
-quantum crop farm
-Quantum tree farm
-Quantum wither farm
-Quantum mob farm
Suggestions are welcome!
Ooooo, I love this one. You have no idea the many times that lag caused me to end my playthroughs.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Quantized machines mod
-quantum crop farm
-Quantum tree farm
-Quantum wither farm
-Quantum mob farm
Suggestions are welcome!
So, funny story: Thermal Expansion has the Phytogenic Insolator. Correctly upgraded, this can effectively act as a crop farm, a tree farm etc - just pump in resources (water, power, phyto-gro) and pump out wood, or crops, or whatever.

The Centrifugal Separator with the Enstabulation Apparatus upgrade acts a bit like a poor man's mob farm, but it only uses previously captured mobs in florbs, and presumably that still needs to be done manually. Without an automated way of filling morbs, I can't see it as a workable alternative to a mob farm - plus, it cannot be "Fortuned" in any way as far as I can tell, so at the moment I wouldn't say it's in any way viable.

I'd say the issue with your suggestion is that you seem to be proposing infinite drops from a single captured mob. Now, if TE added a way to pick up a spawner, and you have to place that in there, I could understand. Combined with the Spawner Changer from Actually Additions, that would definitely be viable, but at least somewhat balanced.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So, funny story: Thermal Expansion has the Phytogenic Insolator. Correctly upgraded, this can effectively act as a crop farm, a tree farm etc - just pump in resources (water, power, phyto-gro) and pump out wood, or crops, or whatever.

The Centrifugal Separator with the Enstabulation Apparatus upgrade acts a bit like a poor man's mob farm, but it only uses previously captured mobs in florbs, and presumably that still needs to be done manually. Without an automated way of filling morbs, I can't see it as a workable alternative to a mob farm - plus, it cannot be "Fortuned" in any way as far as I can tell, so at the moment I wouldn't say it's in any way viable.

I'd say the issue with your suggestion is that you seem to be proposing infinite drops from a single captured mob. Now, if TE added a way to pick up a spawner, and you have to place that in there, I could understand. Combined with the Spawner Changer from Actually Additions, that would definitely be viable, but at least somewhat balanced.

Woot? I think is the name of the mod is basically a mob farm as you describe. Not sure about passive mobs but i think so. Check that out.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
How interesting is following mod (taken from minecraft forums):
Custom Spawners - adds mechanics for obtaining mob spawners for most vanilla mobs. Usage:
obtain a "Chunky" enchantment from a librarian;
enchant your weapon with it;
killing mobs with this enchantment makes them drop Chunks. The more common the mob is, the smaller is the chunk drop chance. The chance can be configured.
when you have 9 chunks, craft them into a Mob Core;
then craft a Spawner Core by surrounding Mob Core with 4 iron blocks and diamonds;
finally, surround Spawner Core with iron bars to craft a Custom Spawner.
Custom Spawner has a UI where you can put items to modify the spawner logic. Currently a spawner:
1) will speed up its spawn rate for each full stack of Chunks of the same creature type;
2) will become redstone-controllable if it has a full stack of redstone dust.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mod (Update) Request: Tile Entity Highlighter

A lot of mods provide blocks that look safe for decoration, but are actually tile entities which can impact render performance.

It would be really cool if, similar to F7 / F9 from JEI/NEI, there was an additional keybind that could draw edges onto tile entities making their use obvious.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So... I'm back again. I need a mod ;)

Last time I requested a mod on here I got it. But that was a loooong time ago and I never got around to properly implementing it into a pack before life got crazy. Now I need a replacement. So what I'm looking for is a mod that applies wither to anyone above sea level. simple.... i think. I dont know how modding works. :p

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
So... I'm back again. I need a mod ;)

Last time I requested a mod on here I got it. But that was a loooong time ago and I never got around to properly implementing it into a pack before life got crazy. Now I need a replacement. So what I'm looking for is a mod that applies wither to anyone above sea level. simple.... i think. I dont know how modding works. :p
YOu may or may not be able to get a vanilla plugin to do that.... Don't know how that would work though....

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Vanilla plugin? Like command blocks? I think there is a way to blanket effect wither on people but I dont know if there is a way to make it coordinate based

There's a bukkit plugin called 'WorldGuard' that might be a good start. One of the options for a regional flag is 'heal-amount', which can be set to negative values.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bukkit plugin called 'WorldGuard' that might be a good start. One of the options for a regional flag is 'heal-amount', which can be set to negative values.
All well and good. But im kinda making a ssp map/pack so server plugins wont work;). It kinda all hinges on something that can force players to stay under a certain y level until later in the game. Unless I can raise the height of the ocean to 256 and then lower it later on this seemed like the easiest solution.