Request Suggest mods for creation here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
While morph-o-tool goes some way to help with the item issue, there are some key ones (notably the IE hammer and IC2 wrench, last time I checked) that don't work with it, making it of somewhat limited use.

I suspect the requirement of using durability poses a problem; many wrenches never lose durability during normal use.

I think it takes 'leaving it outside in the rain for five seasons' to cause most hammers and wrenches to lose durability. (That's it - make it possible to restore durability to wrenches with a bucket of oil.)

Screwdrivers are another story (especially the Phillips head ones you need for case openings). ;)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think it takes 'leaving it outside in the rain for five seasons' to cause most hammers and wrenches to lose durability. (That's it - make it possible to restore durability to wrenches with a bucket of oil.)

Screwdrivers are another story (especially the Phillips head ones you need for case openings). ;)
:p This is very true!

I'm just thinking from personal experience with using the mod; because as well as activating multiblocks, the IE hammer can also be used for making plates, there might be an issue? I guess there could be some coding thing so if you use the morph-o-tool for that purpose, you can't get it to take only durability damage when its in hammer form... I don't know.

W

welchdrew

So, another request, would it be possible for someone to backport the charcoal pits mod to 1.7.10? (Or at least convince the mod author EnderiumSmith to do it?)

I like the concept of the mod but 1.7.10 is my home for modding. (I'm one of those people who can't stand the 1.9 combat). Sadly its earliest versions are for 1.10

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
So, another request, would it be possible for someone to backport the charcoal pits mod to 1.7.10? (Or at least convince the mod author EnderiumSmith to do it?)

I like the concept of the mod but 1.7.10 is my home for modding. (I'm one of those people who can't stand the 1.9 combat). Sadly its earliest versions are for 1.10

Instead of asking mod dev's to back-port (which is likely not happening) why not ask for a classic combat mod for 1.9 and later? :)

Actually; Such a mod already exist: Link to mod on curse.
(Note: I don't know if the linked mod is any good, it is just what I found after 20 seconds of searching)

Of course, there are many other reasons why the 1.7.10 environment is still preferable...

W

welchdrew

Instead of asking mod dev's to back-port (which is likely not happening) why not ask for a classic combat mod for 1.9 and later? :)

Actually; Such a mod already exist: Link to mod on curse.
(Note: I don't know if the linked mod is any good, it is just what I found after 20 seconds of searching)

Of course, there are many other reasons why the 1.7.10 environment is still preferable...

The classic combat mod just isn't good enough imo. You can still see the remnants of the 1.9 combat. I also have a fairy big personal use selection of mods on a 1.7.10 instance in multimc, and I really liked the concept of the charcoal pit mod and wanted to add it to that selection of mods.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
A mod that makes KB consistent for server gameplay. So many times have people just ignored KB weapons in Skywars. It makes me rage

W

welchdrew

Do you have Forestry installed? If so, it has a charcoal pit. (I think it's available for 1.7.10?)
I never actually used the 1.7.10 version of forestry, anyone confirm if it has charcoal pits? Or if the charcoal pits are only available in like the 1.10-1.12 versions?

Last time I played with forestry was back in 1.4.7 >.<

D

Daihok

I still would like to see some new Ocean type mods like mariculture. Still saddens me devolper abandoned it. The ocean has alot of potential for mods. I mean its vast and completely open. To me its very untapped potential.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I never actually used the 1.7.10 version of forestry, anyone confirm if it has charcoal pits? Or if the charcoal pits are only available in like the 1.10-1.12 versions?

Last time I played with forestry was back in 1.4.7 >.<
If I had to bet, I'd put my money on 1.10+.

W

welchdrew

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on 1.10+.

I figured such...

If there was one thing I liked from TerraFirmaCraft, it was how you made charcoal in it. Of course in my private selection of mods I play, terrafirmacraft would completely mess up everything sadly. :(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I figured such...

If there was one thing I liked from TerraFirmaCraft, it was how you made charcoal in it. Of course in my private selection of mods I play, terrafirmacraft would completely mess up everything sadly. :(
fwiw, in 1.7.10, gregtech 5u also has charcoal pits. See Infitech2 as a possible modpack option with it. Very similar mechanic.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
More than just about anything, we need a legitimate RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft successor for the modern era. Last I inquired with @Reika on the subject he wasn't interested in updating.
Ideally with configurability to govern cross-mod interactions, hardcore explosions, etc. so that I can integrate it into both high-difficulty and casual packs.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
More than just about anything, we need a legitimate RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft successor for the modern era. Last I inquired with @Reika on the subject he wasn't interested in updating.
Ideally with configurability to govern cross-mod interactions, hardcore explosions, etc. so that I can integrate it into both high-difficulty and casual packs.
I have never - and still do not - totally rule it out.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have never - and still do not - totally rule it out.
Hope you didn't infer that I was claiming such :)

The mods fill a fascinating niche, and the void still exists in the 1.10+ era. I'd very much like to see an official or serious-minded unofficial successor fill that void.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
A semi Hardcore mod where if you die you respawn some thousand(configurable) blocks away

sort of like you are a different person

that way you don't lose all your work but you still will probably have to start over to build up to the point you can get back to it