Request Suggest mods for creation here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an idea, why does an entire chunk need to be reprocessed when a block state changes? Surely in most cases, just updating the 3x3x3 area around the target block would be sufficient?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but when a block changes, only the 6 neighbors are notified.

For drawing, I thought that each 16x16x16 minichunk was drawn individually (so it's not a whole chunk that updates, but a tiny display bit of that chunk).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but when a block changes, only the 6 neighbors are notified.

For drawing, I thought that each 16x16x16 minichunk was drawn individually (so it's not a whole chunk that updates, but a tiny display bit of that chunk).
I don't know how it all works. All I'm thinking is some more "intelligence" with redrawing. Have the 16x16x16 render, but also a mini render of 3x3x3. Then when a place changes, have some intelligence on the type of block, and call a suitable render.

So if a block breaks that not got a falling property (sand/gravel), do a 3x3x3 render, otherwise do a 16x16x16 render. That's 4087 blocks not having to be re-rendered, or if you will, over 99% saving in renders. Even if this optimisation was applied just to vanilla blocks, it would make mining and general building a lot less laggy.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very strange request.

For 1.7.10, a mod that:
1. If loaded into a dedicated server does nothing (well, ok, I use -nogui, but others might ... this can be ignored.)
2. If loaded into a client, forces a 10 second delay before opening any window / doing any graphical operations. (this is kinda important)

Reason: Attaching jvisualvm to a java process on the mac will fail after that process has opened a window. This is a security mechanism of some sort.

W

welchdrew

I'd like to request a mod that disables exploding beds and replaces it with something like "You can't sleep in this dimension!"

I'm just paranoid about having a bed for decoration in some of my bases within certain dimensions and accidently right clicking them, then having them explode and putting a large hole in part of my base.

If such a mod exists someone do share a link to said mod. Before anyone points me to the Perfect Spawn mod, I've tried that one and it sadly conflicts with some mods I use.

EDIT: If possible I'd like the mod for 1.7.10 as I'm one of those 1.7.10 modpack players.

Last edited:
Reactions: triggerfinger12

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
An IC2 Nullifier Mod, basically it fixes the problems of IC2
If a machine is taking a higher power tier rather than exploding it just won't accept the power.
And you can break the blocks with a pickaxe and not need a stupid wrench all the time.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
An IC2 Nullifier Mod, basically it fixes the problems of IC2
If a machine is taking a higher power tier rather than exploding it just won't accept the power.
And you can break the blocks with a pickaxe and not need a stupid wrench all the time.
This mod may already exist. IC2.

The second thing is definitely configurable (See All the Mods, Remastered does it for sure)
The first thing I *think* is configurable.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted: A "Simple" minecart integration mod.

Reason: Vanilla minecart integration leaves a lot to be desired: In order to make a loader /unloader a number of vanilla hacks need to be done to stop railcarts so that they are simultaneously on a detection rail AND a booster rail, such that the detector rail does't trigger the booster rail, or the minecart is prevented from being boosted, AND this cluster fudge needs to be readable by comparators.
The gold-standard for railcart unloader and loaders is of course Railcraft, but as a big content mod its inclusion in modpacks, just for the purpose of providing loaders and unloaders, is excessive as its machines and powergen might not be visually or theme appropriate to the modpack.

So, what is required, is a mod that can be added to any FTB pack, that adds simple "load" and "unload" semantics to railcarts that bypasses the need to stop minecarts on slopes, halfway over booster AND detector rails.

The simplest solution might be a "smart" Buffer Stop block, that could be made by combining a detector rail + comparator + ingots - that would emit a redstone signal to an adjacent powered rail block when a railcart, an inventory above, and an inventory below, met certain conditions.
* Loader Variant 1 would emit a redstone signal to send the minecart away if the minecart was full (above configured capacity)
* Loader Variant 2 would emit a redstone signal to send the minecart away if the minecart was full or the inventory above the minecart was empty.
* Unloader Variant 1 would emit a redstone signal when the minecart is empty
* Unloader Variant 2 would emit a redstone signal when the minecart is empty or the hopper below the minecart cannot accept any more items.

Other mods could be used to provide filtering options, that is not a requirement here.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Not really a mod, but maybe something on forge, that allows you take code from a mod from a specific version, and click an MC version to convert the code to that version, for Instance,
Thaumcraft 1.7.10, converted to Thaumcraft 1.10.2 without rewriting it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted: A "Simple" minecart integration mod.

Reason: Vanilla minecart integration leaves a lot to be desired: In order to make a loader /unloader a number of vanilla hacks need to be done to stop railcarts so that they are simultaneously on a detection rail AND a booster rail, such that the detector rail does't trigger the booster rail, or the minecart is prevented from being boosted, AND this cluster fudge needs to be readable by comparators.
The gold-standard for railcart unloader and loaders is of course Railcraft, but as a big content mod its inclusion in modpacks, just for the purpose of providing loaders and unloaders, is excessive as its machines and powergen might not be visually or theme appropriate to the modpack.

So, what is required, is a mod that can be added to any FTB pack, that adds simple "load" and "unload" semantics to railcarts that bypasses the need to stop minecarts on slopes, halfway over booster AND detector rails.

The simplest solution might be a "smart" Buffer Stop block, that could be made by combining a detector rail + comparator + ingots - that would emit a redstone signal to an adjacent powered rail block when a railcart, an inventory above, and an inventory below, met certain conditions.
* Loader Variant 1 would emit a redstone signal to send the minecart away if the minecart was full (above configured capacity)
* Loader Variant 2 would emit a redstone signal to send the minecart away if the minecart was full or the inventory above the minecart was empty.
* Unloader Variant 1 would emit a redstone signal when the minecart is empty
* Unloader Variant 2 would emit a redstone signal when the minecart is empty or the hopper below the minecart cannot accept any more items.

Other mods could be used to provide filtering options, that is not a requirement here.

Look into Reasonable Realism. One of the sub-mods, Expanded Industry, includes a one-block loader/unloader.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/expanded-industry

(I also like the enhanced hoppers.)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted, for 1.11/1.12 or higher:

A mod such that if your Y position is 300 or higher, you do not generate chunks.

Explicitly intended for airplane mods.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Not a whole mod, just a weapon buff for HarvestCraft. If you craft a sword with an Eye of Ender and either an Onion, Chili Pepper, or Mustard Seed, that weapon gets bonuses against Ghasts and an improved chance of dropping Ghast Tears. (Yes, this means you would have to melee them to get the bonus - can't make it too OP. ;) )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
An update to WAILA that will tell you the preferred tool for removing a block without damaging it. Yes, you can remove that IC2 Metal Former with a pickaxe, but...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
An update to WAILA that will tell you the preferred tool for removing a block without damaging it. Yes, you can remove that IC2 Metal Former with a pickaxe, but...

I realize this has probably been done to death, but what about - instead - a Forge based universal tool API, so that all mods can share a single wrench, with universal rotate and proper disassembly mechanics.

I don't, in principal, disapprove of IC2s habit of dropping machine parts when a machine is disassembled incorrectly, BUT in the context of a mod pack I feel that that kind of behaviour should apply either to all machines from all mods, or none. And again, in the context of a mod pack, players should not be required to maintain the meta awareness of which blocks came from which mods such that the correct wrench/tool can be used (usually with different interpretations of what and how the wrench configures / disassembles machines).

So please, can some mod author stand up and make a general purpose wrench api that other mods can easily buy into.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not a whole mod, just a weapon buff for HarvestCraft. If you craft a sword with an Eye of Ender and either an Onion, Chili Pepper, or Mustard Seed, that weapon gets bonuses against Ghasts and an improved chance of dropping Ghast Tears. (Yes, this means you would have to melee them to get the bonus - can't make it too OP. ;) )
I like this idea, its very...

...flavourful.

;)

I kind of wish for a Plotz builders guide mod. Basically, something which will allow you the same options, sliders etc from the Plotz website, but as a placeable block in the world, and will generate ghost blocks for where the blocks need to go (similar to how Woot or Draconic evolution does it, where they're slightly smaller than the block) that matches exactly with what the website would say.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
could someone make a mod that can see the inventories of other inventories put in it? for example if I just went on a huge mining run and filled up an entire EU2 bag of holding, I could put it into this block that's attached to my RS system via importer, and when I did this the RS system would see all the items in the golden bag and extract them directally, instead of me needing to shift click everything out and put it in manually
What if it were a machine that attempts to extract all of the items from the inventory of an object? For instance, drop or pipe a bag into this machine, and one by one (or by stack with upgrades) it removes everything and outputs it into something else. It would be cool if it looked like the machine grabbed the item, turned it over, and shook it over a small hopper.

Reactions: Lethosos

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I realize this has probably been done to death, but what about - instead - a Forge based universal tool API, so that all mods can share a single wrench, with universal rotate and proper disassembly mechanics.

I don't, in principal, disapprove of IC2s habit of dropping machine parts when a machine is disassembled incorrectly, BUT in the context of a mod pack I feel that that kind of behaviour should apply either to all machines from all mods, or none. And again, in the context of a mod pack, players should not be required to maintain the meta awareness of which blocks came from which mods such that the correct wrench/tool can be used (usually with different interpretations of what and how the wrench configures / disassembles machines).

So please, can some mod author stand up and make a general purpose wrench api that other mods can easily buy into.

I'd be quite happy with this - currently in my inventory: Crescent Hammer (Ender I/O tanks), Engineer's Hammer (Immersive Engineering), and Electric Wrench (IC2). Not to mention all the blasted wands - I need a toolbelt! Operation should be simple, like left-click to configure, right-click to rotate, and shift-click to remove (to avoid removing things by mistake).

I still think WAILA should tell me 'this machine block needs a Wrench' of some iteration

Reactions: Lethosos

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'd be quite happy with this - currently in my inventory: Crescent Hammer (Ender I/O tanks), Engineer's Hammer (Immersive Engineering), and Electric Wrench (IC2). Not to mention all the blasted wands - I need a toolbelt! Operation should be simple, like left-click to configure, right-click to rotate, and shift-click to remove (to avoid removing things by mistake).

I still think WAILA should tell me 'this machine block needs a Wrench' of some iteration
While morph-o-tool goes some way to help with the item issue, there are some key ones (notably the IE hammer and IC2 wrench, last time I checked) that don't work with it, making it of somewhat limited use.

I suspect the requirement of using durability poses a problem; many wrenches never lose durability during normal use.