Request Suggest mods for creation here

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Specifically I want to be able to make a percentage of villagers (Either Vanilla or Minecraft Comes Alive) hostile towards players. Since the modded ones do have attacks for self defense (albeit weak ones), I think that one would be possible in that case.
I will look into it.

Reactions: Flabort

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The ability to add/remove Hostility of a mob towards other entities (in defined groups or individual groups). Configurable per mob. EG, give villagers a 60% chance of being hostile towards players, give zombies a 20% chance to not be hostile towards players and villagers, give bats a 20% chance to be hostile towards passive mobs. Give Anamania bulls a 2% chance to be hostile towards Hostile mobs, and iron golems a 30% chance of being not hostile towards arthropods.
And if a mob has no attacks, give them a default attack by running into a mob they are hostile towards, dealing damage of half a heart.
Default settings would do nothing, though.
I support this, got a pack idea on my mind, and part of it requires changes to what mobs are hostile to other mobs so things are not so player centric.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Progress update: yes, it is possible. I've made most animals (even rabbits) to attack the player. And villagers can do that, too. Now tell me what you want, because I can change who can they attack, their damage, speed, other attributes. Probably I'll manage to assign other unusual AI tasks, too.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Progress update: yes, it is possible. I've made most animals (even rabbits) to attack the player. And villagers can do that, too. Now tell me what you want, because I can change who can they attack, their damage, speed, other attributes. Probably I'll manage to assign other unusual AI tasks, too.
Cool!

Um, well I kind of want it configurable (possibly with a simple script), but if I can't have that then I can explain what exactly I want:
I want MCA.EntityHuman (Minecraft Comes Alive villagers) to have an 85% chance of being hostile towards players, and a 5% chance of being hostile towards other MCA.EntityHuman s. I want them to also retaliate against anything that attacks them, not just zombies and skeletons (so if attacked by a fellow villagers, they will defend themselves by attacking that villager, thus eliminating most bad ones).

If somehow that isn't possible (because of the MCA code or something) I can live without MCA, but I would like those same chances and behaviors on vanilla villagers instead (85% hostile towards player, 5% hostile towards eachother (can have both behaviors), 100% retaliate against anything that attacks them first). With them dealing 2 damage (one heart) per hit, with slightly a fair bit more knockback than a zombie (Knockback II? III? II.V?).

I'd also like all chickens to be hostile towards players and villagers, dealing half a heart of damage and minimal knockback, 60% of sheep and cows to be hostile to players and villagers (4 damage each, knockback IV for cows and knockback II for sheep), I already have a way to make wolves already hostile (in control by mcjty, but it only works on wolves), and 10% of rabbits (1 damage, Knockback II) hostile towards players and villagers. Also, bats, doing no damage if possible, but dealing good knockback, should always agro on the player and agro on villagers for 25% of bats.

Oh, if MCA villagers can be modified by this mod, then I would like this to be 1.10.2 compatible. If not, 1.11.2 is fine - I'm not sure most of the mods I want are anywhere close to being ready for 1.12 yet.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Cool!

Um, well I kind of want it configurable (possibly with a simple script), but if I can't have that then I can explain what exactly I want:
I want MCA.EntityHuman (Minecraft Comes Alive villagers) to have an 85% chance of being hostile towards players, and a 5% chance of being hostile towards other MCA.EntityHuman s. I want them to also retaliate against anything that attacks them, not just zombies and skeletons (so if attacked by a fellow villagers, they will defend themselves by attacking that villager, thus eliminating most bad ones).

If somehow that isn't possible (because of the MCA code or something) I can live without MCA, but I would like those same chances and behaviors on vanilla villagers instead (85% hostile towards player, 5% hostile towards eachother (can have both behaviors), 100% retaliate against anything that attacks them first). With them dealing 2 damage (one heart) per hit, with slightly a fair bit more knockback than a zombie (Knockback II? III? II.V?).

I'd also like all chickens to be hostile towards players and villagers, dealing half a heart of damage and minimal knockback, 60% of sheep and cows to be hostile to players and villagers (4 damage each, knockback IV for cows and knockback II for sheep), I already have a way to make wolves already hostile (in control by mcjty, but it only works on wolves), and 10% of rabbits (1 damage, Knockback II) hostile towards players and villagers. Also, bats, doing no damage if possible, but dealing good knockback, should always agro on the player and agro on villagers for 25% of bats.

Oh, if MCA villagers can be modified by this mod, then I would like this to be 1.10.2 compatible. If not, 1.11.2 is fine - I'm not sure most of the mods I want are anywhere close to being ready for 1.12 yet.
All right, I will start with vanilla creatures first. I'm currently modding for version 1.11.2, we'll see later if the mod can be backported to 1.10. Maybe we should create a dedicated topic for this later?

Reactions: Lethosos

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a suggestion for improving oil processing in Immersive Petroleum: How about adding more products from processing crude oil such as kerosene and LPGs?

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to make it so that you couldn't punch wood to get the block, in 1.11.2, but it turns out that the mods that allow that stopped getting developed, and the most recent version came out over a year ago for 1.10.2; and the one 1.11.2 mod that I found that can change harvest levels of blocks doesn't change that you can harvest the blocks without a tool. :(

So, a better harvest-level adjustment mod which can change if blocks need a tool to break them.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I wanted to make it so that you couldn't punch wood to get the block, in 1.11.2, but it turns out that the mods that allow that stopped getting developed, and the most recent version came out over a year ago for 1.10.2; and the one 1.11.2 mod that I found that can change harvest levels of blocks doesn't change that you can harvest the blocks without a tool. :(

So, a better harvest-level adjustment mod which can change if blocks need a tool to break them.

Interesting idea - how would tool progression work? (Maybe dead bushes for sticks and breaking gravel for flint - assuming you allow flint as a tool material?)

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the case of the 1.10 mod, they allow flint tools instead of wood, using sticks from leaves.

But in the case of the pack I'm making in 1.11, villagers are more common than trees, and though tools are very expensive and money is very hard to come by I want to make the tools necessary to obtain wood be obtainable from trades. https://imgur.com/gallery/xgYzZ I don't want players to be able to get wood to make their own shelter or get underground until at least the 10 to 30 minute mark, so I was hoping by changing mining levels on logs and dirt I could keep them squatting in the pregenerated buildings for a while.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
2 Mod Ideas, one very simple, one not very simple.

Mod 1(The Simple Mod). All it does is take away 2 1/2 hunger when you sleep. And if you're under 4 hunger you aren't allowed to sleep and it will tell you, "You are too hungry to sleep." Preferably, the amounts would be configurable.

Mod 2(The not so simple one). A super in-depth farming mod. Doesn't need a crazy variety of crops like Pam's(although if it was compatible with Pam's that'd be amazing.) but each biome would have different features in it's soil(still sounds like Pam's but I promise it gets more complicated.) such as nutrient levels and nitrogen and organic material. Basically the idea is that you need to take care of the soil in order to ensure that crops can continue to grow. A few basic stats would be acidity, you can raise it's pH by adding bonemeal or lower it by adding spruce leaves or possibly other materials from different mods. It'd be very cool if MineChem was compatible as well. But for each crop you grow, they can change the stats of the soil. This way you have to care for your soil. I feel like you would need to override quite a bit of stuff, probably create a new block instead of farmland that is created after tilling dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MikW

A mod that adds more door types, both functional ones and purely aesthetic ones.

A mod that adds a new mob spawning mechanic.

A mod that adds an overhaul to music and sounds. A new mechanic to noteblocks and jukeboxes. And a feature to write your own minecraft music disks that also can do cool stuff.

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds more door types, both functional ones and purely aesthetic ones.

A mod that adds a new mob spawning mechanic.

A mod that adds an overhaul to music and sounds. A new mechanic to noteblocks and jukeboxes. And a feature to write your own minecraft music disks that also can do cool stuff.
You mean, like MORE of em? https://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods is your friend ^^
Malisis Doors, In Control, Ambience, Sounds Extended, Dynamic Surroundings, Actual Music, Jukebox...
and those are only the ones instantly come to mind...

Last edited:
Reactions: MikW

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Quick one that might be helpful: have you tried Malisis Doors? That has a really nice range of pre-set doors available, as well as a nice customisable door system too.

Reactions: MikW
M

MikW

Quick one that might be helpful: have you tried Malisis Doors? That has a really nice range of pre-set doors available, as well as a nice customisable door system too.
Last time I looked at Malisis it doesn't have much. Now it actually has customizable doors. Cool. I'll try that once I get home from vacation.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a UHV tier of power wiring in Immersive Engineering for the situations where transporting 4096 watts just isn't enough for your needs. The mod author could even add taller telephone wire structures to carry them much like you'd find near power stations in real life. Of course, the author would have to make machines that could generate that much electricity. So, I also propose that he add his own version of the nuclear reactor, a hydroelectric power generator, and even a solar generator tower. As for machines that could consume that much power, I'd like to see machines needed for multi-tier ore processing like an ore-washing plant, a chemical dissolution chamber, and more. I'm personally tired of Mekanism so far being the only mod that offers an ore quintupling system.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
what about a mod that adds automation, but still keeps it minecraft? just to clarify what I mean, think immersive engineering (so all the automatons are multiblock) but instead of all the machines (except the simple ones, such as block placers, breakers, that kind of thing) magically fuseing together into some massive machine, I want the blocks to stay as blocks, just with the added functionality. just to give an example to clarify, the Pulverizer/crusher would be comprised of a sticky piston, anvil and obsidian block, the anvil would sit on the obsidian with the sticky piston 2 blocks above that, but when it forms, instead of turning into something else akin to the presser from immersive engineering, it stays as a sticky piston, anvil, and obsidian block. and when you go to pulverize something, the piston pulls up the anvil which falls on the item to be crushed and gives the end result. I can go more in depth if you want, I just wanted to get the basic concept out there

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to output left/right stereo vision.

I do not mean multi-colored requiring glasses. I mean youtube-compatible, twice-as-wide-as-normal, left and right view data.