Request Suggest mods for creation here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
All well and good. But im kinda making a ssp map/pack so server plugins wont work;). It kinda all hinges on something that can force players to stay under a certain y level until later in the game. Unless I can raise the height of the ocean to 256 and then lower it later on this seemed like the easiest solution.

Spaman did something like that with his 'Marooned' map - only in that map it was keeping people above a certain level until they passed a certain point. There were layers of unbreakable blocks, with certain structures that poked through those layers.

(By the way, I have a passion for building ridiculous underwater bases, so if you need a tester...)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Spaman did something like that with his 'Marooned' map - only in that map it was keeping people above a certain level until they passed a certain point. There were layers of unbreakable blocks, with certain structures that poked through those layers.

(By the way, I have a passion for building ridiculous underwater bases, so if you need a tester...)

I totally am trying this just because I love seeing underwater bases :p

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
But thats a good idea. Maybe if I force a type of bowl shaped ocean I can force peole to stay under it. wait no that wont work cause they can just dig around it :/ nvm

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
But thats a good idea. Maybe if I force a type of bowl shaped ocean I can force peole to stay under it. wait no that wont work cause they can just dig around it :/ nvm

What about the world-border thing they introduced in Vanilla? Can that be given a y-value? Captive Minecraft tied the moving of the border to achievements, so I know you can shift it once it's been 'set'. Pushing through it is possible, but you can't break things outside it, and you start taking damage after a bit.

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
They can't dig around if you use Barrier Blocks or Bedrock around the area. Also easily replacable with Command Blocks to open it up later. ^^

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're any good with Computer Craft, it's command computers can trigger command block functions. May be useful if you need a chain of events to happen, instead of one at a time.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea but I doubt that mods will be updated for 1.13 for a long time. Unless I want to put off the project another year. Cause like it hasnt been an idea in my brain for like 3 yrs now ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Calling all talented modders, hoping for someone to make a little mod for me.

I need a mod that adds a crazy amount of deep ravines to the world gen, deep enough to go from the surface and hit the bedrock. They should also be able to carve up mountains and anything in the way. The world needs to be really cracked and destroyed!

This is for a 1.12 modpack I'm designing.

Reactions: Lethosos

John Purple

Jul 29, 2019

I need a mod that adds a crazy amount of deep ravines to the world gen, deep enough to go from the surface and hit the bedrock. They should also be able to carve up mountains and anything in the way. The world needs to be really cracked and destroyed!

I'd recommend checking out either the built-in custom map generation or OTG, because it sounds like what you want could be accomplished in either without much of a hassle.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

To be more specific, if you use the noise map for the End in the custom worldgen for 1.12, you can get some crazy shattered worlds. My kid tried a jungle biome with that noise map - it's a little laggy from water and lava falls (also the accidental fire from playing with the new lightning weapon), but 'cracked and destroyed' would be a fitting description.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
To be more specific, if you use the noise map for the End in the custom worldgen for 1.12, you can get some crazy shattered worlds. My kid tried a jungle biome with that noise map - it's a little laggy from water and lava falls (also the accidental fire from playing with the new lightning weapon), but 'cracked and destroyed' would be a fitting description.
Where are those settings? Cannot see anything relating to noise map.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I was just corrected (by said kid) that this is actually in 1.13 (Buffet-style worlds). Terribly sorry - thought I'd found something that would work for you.

Ockman

Jul 29, 2019
I know Customized world type can pull off some crazy ravines with the right settings, and Quark "Realistic" world type uses the same preset types. I recommend experimenting with Customized worlds (https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Customized) and then when you are happy you should be able to change Quarks "realistic" world gen to use your ravine settings, so modpack users get that result.

Ockman

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a question of my own, does anyone know of a mod or know how to make a mod like Random Restockable Crates? (for 1.12.2)
I just want something like loot bags with a configurable loot table to pull randomly from, respawning as the contents of a block.
It's for an adventure mode map based pack where looting buildings are the only way to gather resources.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia

Hey, are you still looking for it?