Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
because not every modpack has Openblocks included. some modpacks are balanced and openblocks is left out for balancing reasons, and installing openblocks just for the vacuum hopper will give more problems than solving them.
but if there's a mod that just has the option of instantly absorbing XP orbs within a certain range, that wouldn't really mess with the balance of a pack.
The hopperhock then?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
MFR sewers can do it. RotaryCraft's item vacuum thingy also eats XP orbs, but not instantly, it draws them to it. Give it enough power, though, and it may as well be instant.

problem with sewers is that it's a pain to convert mob essence back into experience, you'll constantly need to drink mob essence to gain the experience back

Hopperhock doesn't collect xp, does it?

nope, hopperhocks only collect items

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless of nifty automation method for exp harvest. A mod that does what yuson asked would be great. Might wreck the visual appeal of things like exp showers but haveing exp not need to travel slowly to your person would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that replaces all of a block/item from one mod with another automatically, specifically for dealing with removed mods so you could tell it to replace all bluepower basalt with chisel basalt or something when removing bluepower to not leave pillars of lava all over your landscape. That kind of thing, no idea how feasible it would be though.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that replaces all of a block/item from one mod with another automatically, specifically for dealing with removed mods so you could tell it to replace all bluepower basalt with chisel basalt or something when removing bluepower to not leave pillars of lava all over your landscape. That kind of thing, no idea how feasible it would be though.
mIDas does that, MCEdit too.

CrimsonCrystal

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that allows processing lava (who would have ever thought?)
The reasoning behind this mod is that lava, in over 9000% of cases, are not 100% melted stone. Lava should contain impurities, and trace amounts of precious metals. My thoughts behind this mod is to create a machine that mixes lava with a special type of fluid, creating obsidian (obviously) and several byproducts, with different chances for each byproduct depending on its rarity (byproduct includes, if AOBD is installed, metal dusts; otherwise, the byproduct will be nuggets, with an increased chance).

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The reasoning behind this mod is that lava, in over 9000% of cases, are not 100% melted stone. Lava should contain impurities, and trace amounts of precious metals. My thoughts behind this mod is to create a machine that mixes lava with a special type of fluid, creating obsidian (obviously) and several byproducts, with different chances for each byproduct depending on its rarity (byproduct includes, if AOBD is installed, metal dusts; otherwise, the byproduct will be nuggets, with an increased chance).
I wanted to make an island survival that centered around this with water, you get the dusts from putting water through a machine and then process the metals from there

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of a Gravel Mod that I liked a lot. Hrm, I should give it a shot on updating it sometime.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Ryan914

Jul 29, 2019
For HQM Mode we should have items that give more lives (More than one) when used.

Either combining existing full hearts or upgrading them with certain items. Similar to how you make the better components for the Canisters to upgrade max health permanently. (Surrounding the Red Heart dropped from enemies to Yellow and Green to make specific Canisters)

For example:

A 3-Up would be a Full Heart surrounded by Blocks of Gold and Diamond
A 5-Up would be a Full Heart surrounded by Blocks of Emerald and Diamond

and so on. These may not be the recipes, but you get the idea.

Some modpacks let you get items like Diamonds and gold like no tomorrow as they are needed for machines amongst other things. So why not put them to use for optimizing the output of lives you get.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
For HQM Mode we should have items that give more lives (More than one) when used.

Either combining existing full hearts or upgrading them with certain items. Similar to how you make the better components for the Canisters to upgrade max health permanently. (Surrounding the Red Heart dropped from enemies to Yellow and Green to make specific Canisters)

For example:

A 3-Up would be a Full Heart surrounded by Blocks of Gold and Diamond
A 5-Up would be a Full Heart surrounded by Blocks of Emerald and Diamond

and so on. These may not be the recipes, but you get the idea.

Some modpacks let you get items like Diamonds and gold like no tomorrow as they are needed for machines amongst other things. So why not put them to use for optimizing the output of lives you get.

Some people use diamond blocks as building blocks ya know? ;)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So what would it take to make a cauldron work like a tank? What do tanks do, anyways?

Right now, as I understand it, cauldrons are normal blocks (not TE's), that only hold 0-3 levels of water. To be a tank, it would have to hold any liquid, and have millibucket resolution -- at which point, it's a TE, and ... how would it differ from any other tank?

What can tanks do? What can a cauldron do besides fill potion bottles in the nether? What would a cauldron tank do -- fill any bottle?

Are there any mods that can make use of tanks that do not provide a tank already? Are cauldrons too expensive compared to tanks (and if so, should tanks cost more?)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that lets you blacklist people from using certain machines or gear based on decisions made in HQM. I wanna make a pack centered around magic vs tech and you choose your path to decide how you play, it would be a multiplayer pack and I don't know if this is possible but it's something I would be interested in if I could make it

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that lets you blacklist people from using certain machines or gear based on decisions made in HQM. I wanna make a pack centered around magic vs tech and you choose your path to decide how you play, it would be a multiplayer pack and I don't know if this is possible but it's something I would be interested in if I could make it
Progression

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Now, a mod that lets you use something similar to BiomeTweaker but it lets you make different settings so then you can select the kind of world you want. Like Frozen or Desert or Forest and stuff like that

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Now, a mod that lets you use something similar to BiomeTweaker but it lets you make different settings so then you can select the kind of world you want. Like Frozen or Desert or Forest and stuff like that
So? basically custom worlds with a few more options, but with some nice presets?